Big leagues Work Around

Axolpox

34 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

If there's any code in a custom server / custom tool that alters the gamer's original gaming experience, as it does in Black Ops II, then it isn't allowed. 

There's no "new" information either.

Are you guys making sure to remove everyone from the leaderboards who do get the league trophy past the shutdown date? I already stated this before to one of the mods, but it seems many of them stay on the leaderboards many weeks, even months as legitimate players.

10 hours ago, B1rvine said:

If there's any code in a custom server / custom tool that alters the gamer's original gaming experience, as it does in Black Ops II, then it isn't allowed. 

There's no "new" information either.

out of curiosity.. how come this isn't allowed for black ops but its allowed in RDR1 to exploit multiplayer xp?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

out of curiosity.. how come this isn't allowed for black ops but its allowed in RDR1 to exploit multiplayer xp?

You can still get RD1 trophy legit, that is not the case for Big league in BO2. Therefore easier to see those who cheat. Lesson is - be a smart cheater. 

59 minutes ago, asdfghjkl95 said:

You can still get RD1 trophy legit, that is not the case for Big league in BO2. Therefore easier to see those who cheat. Lesson is - be a smart cheater. 

RDR1 has online modded lobbies where u can gain large amounts of xp outside of the normal parameters of the official game… As is theater mode from blops 2. U don’t need a modded console or hacked save file for either of these games 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:57 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

RDR is a unique special case, only because the hack happened before cheating rules were really put into place, before the hack was well understood, and because it used to be part of the guide here on PSNP. While it's not flagged, it's also not endorsed (its been removed from the guide.)

I feel like a very good idea of having a CRT to clean leaderboard off cheaters degenerated at some point and right now we are having regular witch hunt here. And that communuty is being held hostage by a bunch of guys who gives them do's and dont's based on their own ideas without looking for the community ones.

I don't think many (if anyone) of my friends actually thinks popping Big Leagues or Run Like a Wind as a last trophy (even in a hacked lobby) should be considered trophy hack. Or as another example that using public closed source external servers should be one either. But maybe I'm just surrounded by a wannabe trophy cheaters.

Edited by Zbir_Vladimir
  • Like 3

At the end of the day this is Treyarch's fault and nobody elses. A big AAA title like Call of Duty should not have a unobtainable platinum after only 3 years. Excuses can be made for indie games, but not a multibillion dollar company like Activision. People play AAA titles for years after release, so it was extremely disingenuous to include a trophy they know will only last 3 years. 

I think Sony should implement a rule for all AAA titles that if it includes multiplayer trophies, they must remain obtainable for at least 10 years after release. That way, it is fair to both the developer, since they don't have to pay for old dead servers indefinitely, and the player since they have plently of time to do it. If a AAA developer doesn't want to keep servers up that long, they can just have all singleplayer trophies. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MrTacos98 said:

At the end of the day this is Treyarch's fault and nobody elses. A big AAA title like Call of Duty should not have a unobtainable platinum after only 3 years. Excuses can be made for indie games, but not a multibillion dollar company like Activision. People play AAA titles for years after release, so it was extremely disingenuous to include a trophy they know will only last 3 years. 

I think Sony should implement a rule for all AAA titles that if it includes multiplayer trophies, they must remain obtainable for at least 10 years after release. That way, it is fair to both the developer, since they don't have to pay for old dead servers indefinitely, and the player since they have plently of time to do it. If a AAA developer doesn't want to keep servers up that long, they can just have all singleplayer trophies. 

Much agreed with you there, I have no idea why this keeps happening to big titles & franchises. But the damage has already been done. Yet somehow people are still "magically" getting this trophy past 2015 and even more recently, if you check out the trophy dates whilst going unpunished. Some seem to be affected by the repercussions but not all.

20 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

Much agreed with you there, I have no idea why this keeps happening to big titles & franchises. But the damage has already been done. Yet somehow people are still "magically" getting this trophy past 2015 and even more recently, if you check out the trophy dates whilst going unpunished. Some seem to be affected by the repercussions but not all.

It’s not magic. It’s been discussed ad nauseam including in this thread. There is a way to pop it in the theater and then it often automatically pops from basic play because of hacked lobbies. Most people unlocking it aren’t actually using CFW.

And while it would be lovely if AAA studios (or Sony) cared about trophy quality control, they clearly don’t and then won’t ever change. What could change is the trophy community with things like whitelisting or using public external servers someone made to keep the game alive. Most trophy hunters I know want these changes, but a select few have all the power and this hobby is deteriorating into EZPZ stackathons.

Edited by Kal2210

1 minute ago, Kal2210 said:

It’s not magic. It’s been discussed ad nauseam including in this thread. There is a way to pop it in the theater and then it often automatically pops from basic play because of hacked lobbies. Most people unlocking it aren’t actually using CFW.

Tell me something I don't know. How about most of them not getting flagged for it?

3 minutes ago, imminent-file5 said:

Tell me something I don't know. How about most of them not getting flagged for it?

They do eventually. In fact, you could report them all right now if you wanted to and they’d have no way to win their dispute. I’m not in favor of that. I think it should just be left alone if it was the last/final trophy they earner for the platinum. I may choose to pop it that way in the future because these current leaderboards are pointless anyway.

2 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

They do eventually. In fact, you could report them all right now if you wanted to and they’d have no way to win their dispute. I’m not in favor of that. I think it should just be left alone if it was the last/final trophy they earner for the platinum. I may choose to pop it that way in the future because these current leaderboards are pointless anyway.

Yeah, I think that's a better idea so I'll just keep track of the latest achievers myself. Because I don't think it's fair for everyone else trying to get it legit but not being able to. I understand that this thread will lead to no change yet we're all still here talking about it after 8 whole years.

If you were able to get two teams of 6, all with a copy of the game, that were local to a specific area, to queue up at the same time, would you have a chance to get this legit? I know at least 8 people who have this game that all live within 15 miles of me. Probably would not be too hard to find 4 more.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:02 AM, Kal2210 said:

B1rvine is a huge reason this site continues to get worse and worse

He doesn't set the rules for the site. If a whitelist were to be implemented, it would require Sly condoning it. Other staff can't independently add such a feature to the site, without Sly's permission. If you want someone to blame for the lackluster response to BO2, that falls on Sly. The mods/CRT are simply following the rules as they have been laid out.

Honestly, this thread should just be locked by now, as there will never be a day where the site whitelists BO2, even though a sizable amount of players support such a thing. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

It also really bothered me how he publicly called out MMDE and insinuated there should be some form of punishment for him.

People want transparency until they see something they don't like.  They're grown adults, and they'll eventually work out this disagreement like all other grown adults do - with a gladiatorial battle to the death.  Simple.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

People want transparency until they see something they don't like.  They're grown adults, and they'll eventually work out this disagreement like all other grown adults do - with a gladiatorial battle to the death.  Simple.

I’d love transparency. But B1rvine won’t publicly explain the concerns in questionable flags and then locks the threads. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

I’d love transparency. But B1rvine won’t publicly explain the concerns in questionable flags and then locks the threads. 

There are times it makes sense. If I was flagged, I'd of course love an explanation, such as with the whole Army of Two 40th day mask fiasco but there are plenty of cases where not stating why the flag stays is a good idea. Somebody hacks the trophies and while they may look legit to any normal user, the CRT may be able to pull data that we can't see (such as multiple timestamps) and telling said cheater how they caught him would mean that their method of catching people would be known and easier for the cheaters to avoid.

The timestamps are a generic example, since that is a well known way that's out there, but the point is the same. If the bad actors don't have all the information they can use, they're easier to catch.

With all of that being said, in any case where the cheating is not blatant, I'd agree that the accused should get an explanation of why the flag will stick.

1 hour ago, Kal2210 said:

There are 4 CRT members capable of flags and thread locks.  In addition, the OP and the forums mods are capable of locking threads.  

While it very well may be his flag, you're running on an assumption that it's him due to the previous flag, which led to a private disagreement that spilled over into a public thread.

A reason of cfw was given.  It's been like 3 days, and the only mention of B's name has been by the disputer.  He could be completely uninvolved, busy at work, sick in a hospital bed, on vacation etc, so why don't you give it a little more time before falling in line with the witch hunt?  He explained the previous flag, so there's really no reason to think this one won't get an explanation, unless the OP decides to make the dispute private.

It appears as if there's a dispute regarding this among the CRT, so let them work it out instead of dragging it into other unrelated threads?