SILENT HILL series latest updates will be revealed during the #SILENTHILL Transmission on Wednesday, October 19th, at 2:00 PM. PDT

NorthPaul93

On 18.10.2022 at 2:10 AM, Undead Wolf said:

But for real, if the rumours about a Silent Hill 2 remake are true, I couldn't be less interested. I love Silent Hill 2 for what it is, and that's how it looks and feels as an old PS2 game. Those stilted performances from Guy Cihi and the others are what gives that game soul. Konami didn't understand this when they released the HD collection back in the day, ruining the aesthetic with "updated textures" and replacing the voice actors with "professionals". I'm expecting a "from the ground up" remake to be even more of a disaster, especially if it's being made by Bloober Team as the rumours suggest. Konami giving a beloved classic like Silent Hill 2 to a team like that just shows they didn't learn anything from HD collection.

As for any new games in the series, I'm not going to get excited about anything just because it has "Silent Hill" slapped on the box. All the SH games since 4 have been mediocre at best (but more often than not straight up trash), and I have no reason to believe this is going to be any different. 

I'v never personally played a Silent Hill game besides 10 minutes of the first game when I was a child and it scared me shitless. No other horror franchise evokes the same emotions in me like SH does and a lot of that comes from the soundtracks, visuals and the atmosphere they create. I can watch other people play it but I cant play it myself, it's just too much.

A remake could never reach the same effect because of exactly that, it wouldn't look and feel like an old PS2 game, which transports me back in time, back in my childhood years, where everything was kind of weird and alien and so many things didnt make sense to me.

However, I hope and wish that the remake/remaster/new games or whatever they have planned will succeed and fans finally get something worthwhile from the franchise after such a long time of mediocre entries, even if the chances are rather slim.

• Like 1

I really hope that we get proper remasters for the first 4 games. If not a remake of the first game, that is really needed, then as a ps1 classic with platinum trophy would be good also. 

But, as some leaker said, we will get something entirely different, with today "vibes"... ?

Edited by Ptirle

The Silent Hill transmission video description on YouTube says “Silent Hill 2 PlayStation Store” 

Translation will be around 48 minutes

Silent Hill 2 mentioned

Silent Hill: Ascension also mentioned

Jrozkea.jpg

aRC1XwK.png

Edited by ziggypossum
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Ladies and gentlemen, Hell has just frozen over. lol

No HD Collection tho.....really wanted to play the originals again, it's been so many years☹️

But I'm still happy Konami is doing something new with the franchise.

I don't feel confident in Bloober's Silent Hill 2 remake especially since they are going to modernize the combat with over the shoulder stuff that takes away something that made the original unique. I know RE2 Remake did it as well but Silent Hill and Resident Evil are different types of horror and so the fixed camera in Silent Hill is what helped it feel unique. Plus it didn't really work out that well in Downpour. Even more weird to me because Bloober did The Medium which had fixed camera angles so I don't really know why they changed their mind on that.

Beyond that though, I felt like them showing James holding the noose in the trailer was way too on the nose and I worry the game will just lose any subtlety and basically spell out what's happening.

As for Ascension, it has JJ Abrams attached to it and after the irreparable damage he has done to Star Trek and contributed to Star Wars along with his contrived and stupid endless mystery box shit I'm not even going to humor this being anything good at all. I'm actually more optimistic in the Bloober game by comparison.

The only one that seems promising is Silent Hill f but it gives off a vibe that it will be Silent Hill in name only. I guess we'll see though.

• Like 2