SILENT HILL series latest updates will be revealed during the #SILENTHILL Transmission on Wednesday, October 19th, at 2:00 PM. PDT

NorthPaul93

1 hour ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Guaranteed to be a bunch of merch and nothing more.

Yeah, I remember the skateboards announcement the last year, lol :D

k6SK1Ve.jpg

Edited by ziggypossum
pctr
  • Like 2

I'm 50/50 on Konami trying to get into gamers good graces with a outsourced Silent Hill remake or more disappointment with a Silent Hill Pachinko game. No in between.

I'm glad I was wrong. I was expected a Silent Hill 1 remake but they went straight to 2 which I think is good. Hoping for a remake for 1 and 3 though. Also, really really really appreciate how they got the first movies director and producer since I actually enjoyed it. I will keep my eye on the movie. Funny how they completely left out the second movie in all regards.

Edited by BestUsername----

I don't fully agree with the "let it die" stance, but I wouldn't call it a bad take either. We haven't had a SH game in a long time. We also haven't really had anything resembling SH at its best in a long time. Someone has to do it right, regardless of the IP attached to it.

In terms of what rumours are true or not, I think the Kojima SH project is 100% not real. SH2 remake and whatever The Short Message is must be real. I'm 50/50 on the Annapurna project.

What I'd like to see more - I don't know. I just want the rumours to end ?.

P.S. never trust Konami.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Finish 4. It's amazing.

I really want to but I don't have where to play it sadly, that's why I'm rooting for an HD Collection with this one included, I love the game asthetics but back when I was playing it I was living in a small apartment that was almost identical to Henry's and when the weird stuff started happening in his apartment I got really creeped out, was seeing shadows in every corner, so I had to put the game down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

I really want to but I don't have where to play it sadly, that's why I'm rooting for an HD Collection with this one included, I love the game asthetics but back when I was playing it I was living in a small apartment that was almost identical to Henry's and when the weird stuff started happening in his apartment I got really creeped out, was seeing shadows in every corner, so I had to put the game down.

Yeah, it used to freak me out, too. There's this one monster made up of twins that died and they run on their hands and like to hide off camera so all you can hear when they're after you is their hands beating on the floor as they approach. It got me good. lol I screamed.

Silent Hill 2 remake looking ???

But for real, if the rumours about a Silent Hill 2 remake are true, I couldn't be less interested. I love Silent Hill 2 for what it is, and that's how it looks and feels as an old PS2 game. Those stilted performances from Guy Cihi and the others are what gives that game soul. Konami didn't understand this when they released the HD collection back in the day, ruining the aesthetic with "updated textures" and replacing the voice actors with "professionals". I'm expecting a "from the ground up" remake to be even more of a disaster, especially if it's being made by Bloober Team as the rumours suggest. Konami giving a beloved classic like Silent Hill 2 to a team like that just shows they didn't learn anything from HD collection.

As for any new games in the series, I'm not going to get excited about anything just because it has "Silent Hill" slapped on the box. All the SH games since 4 have been mediocre at best (but more often than not straight up trash), and I have no reason to believe this is going to be any different. 

• Like 3

I think the first game was that good that I can't for the life of me think of any reason why we have no remake or anything after all of these years. Was the series really that popular? Do we view it differently as we a members here and gamers? I don't even know if it was a commercial success.

• Like 1