Grand Kingdom, am I going to be flagged for going back to this?

Ancestral_Spirit

So Grand Kingdom had an online mode where you could earn flags for the game, and you could do it without earning trophies. I did this then deleted my 0% trophy list. Getting enough flags for the trophy was only doable when the online was around. The servers are now closed.

However if I go back to the game now, using that same save and earn the rest of the flags in single player, the trophy will eventually pop when I have enough of them.

So I'll have done everything legit, the online included and never earned a trophy and have no trophy list. And when I go back to play the game, a trophy will pop that could only have been done with previous online play.

Will I get flagged for this?

I only ask, since a dispute of a relatively similar case involving a mask on Army of Two popped up and that person's flag stayed because and I quote:

'It looks bad'

I'm not really a fan of the idea that I can play something legit, do the online for it and still get flagged because it looks bad. :/

Just checked my trophy list and the same could be said for my Binding of Isaac where I've done the online challenges and unlocks that go TOWARD popping a trophy but don't actually pop them.

10 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I think it's very possible that somebody will do so based on the "servers are closed; that trophy is impossible" justification.  Your admitting now that the game is at 0% is going to be used as evidence in favor of the flag and how obtaining the (one) trophy in question should theoretically be impossible.  Because the onus would then shift to you to demonstrate to the CRT's satisfaction that you started playing this game without earning any trophies prior to the server shutting down, and having done so without earning any other trophies.

And just making the claim in these spaces that you hid the list because it was at 0% but that you really did start playing prior to server shutdown is likely to be a more difficult sell to that same CRT.  Because unless you can provide some tangible evidence that you did start playing prior to the servers shutting down, there's a very real chance that the claims you made above will be dismissed as you flapping your gums and presenting a hypothesis without backing it up and anybody can do that.

As you mentioned with the Army of Two dispute you cite, "it looks bad".  And I suspect there's a very good chance your future Grand Kingdom dispute would go the same way for the same-ish reasons.

i think the flag trophy is impossible without online. but i might be wrong. i did the game when servers are still up but that flag trophy seems very unlikely.

also doing all the online stuff before u deleted it without popping a trophy is also going to work against u as thats incredible hard to do (not pop a trophy)

second edit: also as far as i remember i had to be a decent level before i could tackle online. up to u if u wanna do it but its going to be hard for people to believe u. im not saying u would have cheated it but i am saying people will not believe it

Edited by luckyegg

It wouldn’t really look bad in the case of late popping the trophy since you only need 2/20 flags to be gotten from the online mode. It isn’t unreasonable to think someone would hold off on getting 18 flags offline until now either. The only thing i wasn’t aware of was if you could avoid a trophy before the 2 online flags, but i don’t recall you needing to join a guild or hire a unit before accessing the online so it should be fine.

This isn’t really relatable to the Army of Two situation since you didn’t sit on an unused mask for almost a decade. Just make sure you get approval from the CRT before you do anything.

9 minutes ago, iXanon said:

The PS4 has a "What's new" section..

Try scouting it to see if it makes mention of you first playing the game when the servers were open? That ought to be enough to prove innocence here.. 1f914.png

thats not always accurate i had 0 percent list i removed 5 years ago and when i reinstalled the game it said i just "started" the game

i think the real questions are:

1. why do the requirments without popping a trophy

2. why make the game 4 times longer (cause online makes it faster)? 

3. why wait until servers close down? cause if ur not a cheater stuff could go wrong making it unobtainable. as an example single player stops giving flags after a while and i found out when i platted the game its possible to get duplicate flags in online. so why take the risk

edit: i not sure where u got this info about needing 2 online flags but when i played it i had to get alot more flags online. also there was a common glitch where npcs stopped giving flags. as far as i know only 6 flags can be earned by doing certain missions all the rest seems to be online and random gifts by npcs which might stop giving them as a common bug that cannot be fixed. i am not sure if dlc flags counts but as far as i know i didnt see any confirmation popping the trophy after installing dlc

Edited by luckyegg

16 minutes ago, luckyegg said:

edit: i not sure where u got this info about needing 2 online flags but when i played it i had to get alot more flags online. also there was a common glitch where npcs stopped giving flags. as far as i know only 6 flags can be earned by doing certain missions all the rest seems to be online and random gifts by npcs which might stop giving them as a common bug that cannot be fixed. i am not sure if dlc flags counts but as far as i know i didnt see any confirmation popping the trophy after installing dlc

There’s 1 default flag, 1 S rank flag, 6 from infiltration missions and 10 from DLC. It’s known information that you only need 2 online flags in total.

4 minutes ago, Darkette said:

There’s 1 default flag, 1 S rank flag, 6 from infiltration missions and 10 from DLC. It’s known information that you only need 2 online flags in total.

ah i see. however tho online kinda requires a higher level to beat it. and without online powerleveling and gold grinding becomes mega long. also totally doesnt make sense to wait until servers closed. anyway at the end of the day if it gets flagged the flagging team will have to take a decision.

11 hours ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

This is the first info on the guide, the only question is if it is possible to get those 2 before any other trophy

Stage 1: Just Play, Baby!

Important

The servers closed on October 1st, 2019, making the plat even grindier than it is (a safe estimate would be between 150-200 hours). This will affect leveling up quickly and obtaining 20 flags for Silver Flag Collector. There are 10 DLC flags that can be purchased and 8 more that can be obtained from the offline/single player version of the game, but the reliable method to obtain more flags depends on online wars.

If you don't already have flags from the online wars prior to the servers' closure, you're simply out of luck. Without those flags, this is now an unachievable platinum.

1 minute ago, ZedsDeadStevo said:

Surely with this reasoning, and screenshots to accommodate the arguement, any flag could be disputed 

fully agree a picture of the 2 flags he obtained (has to be online ones offcourse) would defo be able to lift the flag

I pre-ordered the CE of the game, and you got a bonus flag for the pre-order, so when I checked trophy guides it basically meant I only needed 1 online flag, which was all I got.

As to why I didn't keep playing it after that, have you seen my trophy list? I try and get all my online stuff out of the way before I do anything else. So I figured if I got the 1 flag online, I'd be golden.

EDIT: I don't intend on playing it any time soon btw, it's just when I noticed the Army of Two guys flag staying it reminded me of Grand Kingdom and Binding of Isaac which would fall prey to the same issues.

Edited by Ancestral_Spirit

1 hour ago, ConAir said:

This topic reminds me that I never grabbed 20 flags, but I have at least 2 flags from online play. I will need to take screenshots as proof, I guess.

I'll have to do the same at some point when I go back to it.

Problem is now that I've been looking into this sort of thing, there are plenty of games that are going to have the same issues. Some examples:

Resogun

Grand Kingdom

Binding of Isaac

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

All of these are games that require online play, but may not necessarily earn you a trophy. The servers go down, but you can still get the trophy that required the online play because you did the necessary stuff while the servers were still up.

Inb4 'well why don't you just play and finish those games before moving onto something else?'

I don't wanna be dictated on what I play, I'll get round to them when I'm in the mood for it 

This is exactly why I hate online trophies. Forcibly playing something you may not wanna play atm, missable trophies, server closures, misunderstandings (like with the aforementioned titles).

• 2 months later...

I played this game when the demo was out and when it came out on plus, got some flags because of the demo and never played it again.......the only reason i havent tried to get the platinum is because i dont know if i have enough flags for the trophy and i dont want to spend money on the flags dlc that are being sold
I had something like 8 or 9 flags , like i said i just dont know if i have enough for the trophy flag

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, whittle181 said:

I've heard from someone else that you are able to get 20 flags by using the downgrading trick to get Grand Kingdom back to patch 1.00 - can anyone confirm?

This isn't one I've heard of, but it'd defo be a good one to know for people who never did the pre-orders and never got those extra flags 👍

• Like 1

As long as you have screen shot / video evidence of loading up file w online flags. Shouldn't be an issue.

Least I don't think it should be.

Off topic

Glad I got the danganrompa flag from online when I did. Only one I ever got but it popped 20 flags lol