Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

3 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

On the other side I did beat havoc mode... quite easily... Well the first try we got obliterated, but that was moreso for not camping in a good spot and then getting outrushed by the enemy. However 2nd try we got to wave 11 (for this trophy you need to get to wave 11 and then suicide) when an unfortunate disconnect happened. Well that was 90 minutes of beating this mode vanished to nothing ?. This seems to happen often though in this game, it seems the game isn't just able to reach wave 11+ without getting some kind of problems, because even in the 3rd try (which we got the trophy in) the game started to suddenly lag terribly, but I guess we were faster in suiciding this time.

Well done on getting Havoc. That trophy, and it's boosting, has been a massive in joke for a good number weeks now in party chats I'm part of.

There's some daft Discord server as well for Dreadnought boosting. Which I totally did not for laughs repeatedly ask in for Havoc boosting.

Wish I stayed just to see what happens when March roles around.

17 hours ago, TheBusToYoker said:

Well done on getting Havoc. That trophy, and it's boosting, has been a massive in joke for a good number weeks now in party chats I'm part of.

There's some daft Discord server as well for Dreadnought boosting. Which I totally did not for laughs repeatedly ask in for Havoc boosting.

And this is why, when the video game revolution comes around and the Internet crashes and we go back to dial-up internet, I will laugh my crazy a$$ off at those people who thought to 100% games like this and shed a tear at my old account and it never being able to 100% FFXIV for the PS5 version, due to how many stupid DLC trophies there are for it and the game being dead forever.

Seriously, online trophies are the devil's kiss and I will never again play a game which has them which is why I canceled my sub for FFXIV. How long can you avoid these? Before the servers shut down and you can't boost them anymore. :P

Good job on getting that mode down, though. It sucks when the game is actively fighting you by constantly crashing and DC'ng.

Edited by Taruta13
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

And this is why, when the video game revolution comes around and the Internet crashes and we go back to dial-up internet, I will laugh my crazy a$$ off at those people who thought to 100% games like this and shed a tear at my old account and it never being able to 100% FFXIV for the PS5 version, due to how many stupid DLC trophies there are for it and the game being dead forever.

Seriously, online trophies are the devil's kiss and I will never again play a game which has them which is why I canceled my sub for FFXIV. How long can you avoid these? Before the servers shut down and you can't boost them anymore. :P

Good job on getting that mode down, though. It sucks when the game is actively fighting you by constantly crashing and DC'ng.

If I never see PS3 multiplayer trophies again, I'll be as happy as Larry. One reason I avoid GTA IV at this stage like the plague. The other being I'm not huge fan of the 4th game. I'll just wait for the multiplayer free remaster ?

Red Dead Redemption base game multiplayer trophies were fine. The DLC though? Oh, Jesus....

I also have another Titanic (1997) clip that sums up trying to organise a Kingpin boost ?

I feel for you, I honestly do. Try being a DPS and queuing up for raids in FFXIV. Pure waiting hell. Everyone is a DPS and almost no one is a healer or tank, which means that if you want to play hack and slash be prepared to watch Netflix episodes in full while waiting for that queue to pop. Another reason I quit FFXIV. ?

Can you tell I am eagerly waiting for the thread for the Spring Backlog challenge? xD

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Taruta13 said:

I feel for you, I honestly do. Try being a DPS and queuing up for raids in FFXIV. Pure waiting hell. Everyone is a DPS and almost no one is a healer or tank, which means that if you want to play hack and slash be prepared to watch Netflix episodes in full while waiting for that queue to pop. Another reason I quit FFXIV. 1f621.png

Can you tell I am eagerly waiting for the thread for the Spring Backlog challenge? xD

I'm probably going to use my swaps then bring some of the games from my winter challenge to spring.

I didn't buy I'm In Love With Your Dead Grandmother for nothing ?

harry-potter-always-be-prepared.gif

1 hour ago, TheBusToYoker said:

If I never see PS3 multiplayer trophies again, I'll be as happy as Larry. One reason I avoid GTA IV at this stage like the plague. The other being I'm not huge fan of the 4th game. I'll just wait for the multiplayer free remaster ?

Red Dead Redemption base game multiplayer trophies were fine. The DLC though? Oh, Jesus....

I also have another Titanic (1997) clip that sums up trying to organise a Kingpin boost ?

I didn’t have too much trouble. Haven’t done the co-op mostly out of laziness. Also, for the expert stuff, the group would have to carry me.

• Like 1

On 25-1-2023 at 0:22 AM, TheBusToYoker said:

I know people that tried it atleast 5 times, unsuccesfully and dying in wave 9-10. I'm like wuut. And again disconnecting on wave 11 is a massive slap to the face. BTW on are trophy run, we got the "healer cannot heal" modifier on wave 10! Probably the toughest modifier you can get right at the end of the round, but even then we pulled through. 

Anyway, I found the game to be easy, but the actual boosting isn't a big time sink too, especially if you afk the 1000 matches.

There will always be people that decided the week before the shutdown to suddenly do the game, so most definently the groups will be pure chaos in the last week :P

6 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Luckily it only happened once to me, but it seems to be a regular occurance in the boosting groups.

When your game can't handle wave 11 in a survival mode :P

Edited by Bumperklever
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

Anyway, I found the game to be easy, but the actual boosting isn't a big time sink too, especially if you afk the 1000 matches.

A few folk I know who've been playing it break out their turbo controller for the AFKing the 1000 matches. I don't know exactly why (probably cause I switched my brain off to any Dreadnought chat by that point, mostly).

I'll use this part of your post also to say I've found most of Frostpunk easy. Bragging? Yes, but....

suits-im-not-bragging-if-its-true.gif

Who cares though. The main thing is I'm having fun, proper enjoyment. Unlike like being stuck in Mein Leben/Wolfenstein II purgatory, where entertainment vaule is firmly at the microbial level after 20 hours.

Thankfully I'm not sexually attracted to trophies that have sub 5% percentage on PSNP. Even if some of them are pretty hot ?