Winter 2022/2023 Backlog Challenge (signups open until December 31)

28 minutes ago, Redblaziken8 said:
Started Valiant Hearts: The Great War the other day, I really love the comic book artstyle in this game, and it's apparent a lot of effort was made to include factually accurate information about WWI. It follows 4 different characters, of different nationalities in the war and their struggles. I'm looking forward to getting back to this, and the collectibles in the game are pretty interesting too as it gives you information on what was used/worn etc. during WWI, WWI history has always interested me, so the history nerd in me is loving that aspect. The game is a nice change to what I've grown accustomed to with Ubisoft, so I'm glad I decided to try it out. It's available on Premium as well if anyone's interested in starting it.

I loved this game too for all the same reasons. I am hopeful the second game will make its way to the PlayStation consoles at some point too but so far looks to be a mobile only game. It probably works quite well on the mobile platform but I would still love to add it to my collection here.

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

I loved this game too for all the same reasons. I am hopeful the second game will make its way to the PlayStation consoles at some point too but so far looks to be a mobile only game. It probably works quite well on the mobile platform but I would still love to add it to my collection here.

Oh damn I didn't know there was a second one, I hope they do release it on console!

• Like 2

On 20.2.2023 at 9:37 AM, Static_Rook said:

Update 12 - 2/20/2023 (Final)

No progress last week, and I doubt I'll play anything other than Diablo 2R this week so I'm making this my final update for the challenge. Only 2 games finished so not a great result from me, but it was still fun reading about everyone else's progress. Congrats to everyone who finished their lists! And if you didn't, you probably did better than me so you still got that going for ya.

On the bright side, I finally got Dragon Quest Heroes off of my backlog list after 7 years so that's a small victory. Unfortunately, I won't be able to take part in the Spring contest after all due to some work stuff, but good luck to everyone moving on to that one.

Take care!

Final game list(2/8 complete 3/3 swaps used)

Dragon Quest Heroes :platinum: 1/4/2023
Dysmantle 2%
F1 Manager 2022 7%
Norco :platinum: 1/8/2023
Onimusha: Warlords 41%
Saints Row IV: Re-elected 12%
Signalis 0%
Valkyrie Elysium 87% :platinum: 1/28/2023 / 97%

Swaps
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II -> Valkyrie Elysium 12/26/2022
Elden Ring                                 -> Norco 1/6/2023
Tribes of Midgard                       -> Signalis 1/6/2023

MSG me for elden ring :D Got the double plat and willing to help out with ease ;)

• Like 1

@Redblaziken8

If you liked Valiant Hearts, I wouldlike to  recommend 11-11: Memories Retold to you. Like Valiant Hearts, it is an Adventure that plays in WW1, where you play as a canadian photographer and a german soldier. The artstyle is unique but more realistic as in VH and the game is in 3D and it has the same mechanic as in VH, that collectibles unlock informations about WW1.

Here is the trailer for the game:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, reaperveteran86 said:

@Redblaziken8

If you liked Valiant Hearts, I wouldlike to  recommend 11-11: Memories Retold to you. Like Valiant Hearts, it is an Adventure that plays in WW1, where you play as a canadian photographer and a german soldier. The artstyle is unique but more realistic as in VH and the game is in 3D and it has the same mechanic as in VH, that collectibles unlock informations about WW1.

Here is the trailer for the game:

I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion! :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StilRh said:

And that's pretty much it for me this challenge. I think I've done alright. 4 platinums (a few extra outside of my list) is a bit shameful but I've had heavy work stuff, a massive injury and all that going on.

Maybe you should go see a doctor to get a recommend so you can take time off work to heal that injury. Don't want to risk aggravating it. My mom and sister would be horrified to hear about your problems as they both have medical experience. (My mom used to be a nurse and my sister is one.) Just take care of yourself first, video games can rest on the shelf while you rest in bed, better than to end up ripping a muscle and ending up hospitalized. :(

• Like 1