Warning when you play at launch

The_Gator_Hator

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Some of you guys in contrast are whining about a bug in a trophy,

nobody is whining about a bugged trophy.  Someone was trying to be nice and warn people a bug may occur and your typical same "know it all "group started having melt downs.  It's all too much for them to handle.  They're probably gonna have to cancel their twitter accounts too before they all have mental breakdowns and start banging theirselves in the head because someone does it differently than them.  A girl on the internet had a mental breakdown and had to go to therapy because Elon Musk bought twitter so twitter is a real trigger these days it seems.  social media and shovelware are all the devils work i tell you.  

But in all seriousness the poor guy was just trying to be nice and it turned into all this. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

nobody is whining about a bugged trophy.  Someone was trying to be nice and warn people a bug may occur and your typical same "know it all "group started having melt downs.  It's all too much for them to handle.  They're probably gonna have to cancel their twitter accounts too before they all have mental breakdowns and start banging theirselves in the head because someone does it differently than them.  A girl on the internet had a mental breakdown and had to go to therapy because Elon Musk bought twitter so twitter is a real trigger these days it seems.  social media and shovelware are all the devils work i tell you.  

But in all seriousness the poor guy was just trying to be nice and it turned into all this. 

Musk isn’t going to save Twitter. It’s a lost cause, regardless. 

Did anyone bother using the word “trigger” a decade ago? Used to refer to that iconic character from Winnie the Pooh. 

Doesn’t take much to get people mad these days. 

It's funny people criticizing others for having "meltdowns" while their own posts are more synonymous with a meltdown than most people in this thread. 

It's even further hilarious people claiming others can't handle differing opinions when they're the ones that immediately fly off the handle when presented with one themselves. 

Irony is certainly not lost here, self-awareness though sure is. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Did anyone bother using the word “trigger” a decade ago? Used to refer to that iconic character from Winnie the Pooh.

Think you mean Tigger.

But also I agree overall that people are far too sensitive these days. Internet is full of snowflakes, when a decade ago it was a ruthless wasteland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skurkitty said:

Think you mean Tigger.

But also I agree overall that people are far too sensitive these days. Internet is full of snowflakes, when a decade ago it was a ruthless wasteland.

People were always sensitive, this is not anything new, just in the past you were allowed to say what you truly meant without the risk of being censored like you are today and have to tip-toe around your words so you don't get your comment blocked. Everybody becomes a tough guy when they have a screen to hide behind and we abuse that veil of anonymity when given it greatly. 

There are rules now whereas back in the day, there really wasn't anything stopping people from being complete ruthless assholes to each other and people took full advantage of it as they would today if there wasn't anything in place to stop them. It really was the Wild West but I wouldn't say it was better that way either. I'd rather deal with the modern day snowflakes who are at least kept in check than the lunatic snowflakes of the past who expressed their sensitiveness and insecurities through an endless stream of insults and vulgarities at everybody and anybody.

It was fun when we had it but we don't need that era of the internet back either. The internet has destroyed humanity enough as it is. 

42 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

What have i come back to!!!!

If this is the thanks people get for trying to help their fellow gamers out on possibly avoiding another playthrough then they wont bother next time (others may also follow suit)

"Bangs head against the wall" 

And leaves quietly

An update from the OP would really clear the air too. After telling a bunch of people off for giving him suggestions to potentially fix his problem, he's mysteriously gone silent. 

Is it still truly bugged or has he figured it out like many others have who've also claimed this is bugged? It would be nice to get an update because there's a lot of misconceptions about this game going around the internet and when notified, solves many of these supposed bugs. 

Another example is people thinking the free Hafgufas trophy is bugged because they only freed one of them not realizing there's two of them you need to do for the trophy. If people can mess that up, it's not far-fetched to believe that people can also mess up the much more complex and lengthy Collector trophy too. 

Some of the materials needed to craft all relics are dropped by enemies that don't count towards 100% completion like Blatonn for example. I 100% completed all areas but couldn't craft the final hilt so oh snap, it is bugged, I thought initially. Looked up PowerPyx's guide after doing the entirety of the rest of the game without one and found out I have to kill this specific enemy, Blatonn, which is labeled on the map but didn't count to 100% completion so I skipped him because he was way out of the way and I didn't feel like traveling to him if I didn't have to. Turns out he drops the material to craft the final hilt I needed. There's another one of these non-100% required enemies on Svartelheim as well which can also be overlooked and also drops a material needed to craft a hilt. 

2 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

What have i come back to!!!!

If this is the thanks people get for trying to help their fellow gamers out on possibly avoiding another playthrough then they wont bother next time (others may also follow suit)

"Bangs head against the wall" 

And leaves quietly

I have already given up giving such advice here. For example, when I opened threads to explain the form in which autopop is available for new games, other members and Autopopphobists always came up and derailed the thread. So I keep my knowledge mostly to myself.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

Saying "avoid this game" or "don't play this game" over an non-confirmed bugged or buggy trophy isn't helpful. 

The previous topic about this was closed as resolved as the person was able to find the last relic they needed but stop playing the game because no one can get this one trophy.

Looking at this OP's profile now, he as the plat for the game.

13 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Well isn't that a riot. 

Not like we haven't been saying from the start that this is probably not even a bug but that never stops people here to jump down your throat anyway because they jump to conclusions and want to assume the worst in everything. 

Just like the OP did and set off this whole debacle of a thread. Absolutely crazy. 

3 hours ago, TJ_Solo said:

Saying "avoid this game" or "don't play this game" over an non-confirmed bugged or buggy trophy isn't helpful. 

The previous topic about this was closed as resolved as the person was able to find the last relic they needed but stop playing the game because no one can get this one trophy.

I just can't believe you're all still going on about it.  

3 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Well isn't that a riot. 

Not like we haven't been saying from the start that this is probably not even a bug but that never stops people here to jump down your throat anyway because they jump to conclusions and want to assume the worst in everything. 

Just like the OP did and set off this whole debacle of a thread. Absolutely crazy. 

The funny thing is, the OP of this thread posted in the first thread to talk about this problem. A thread which DISMISSED the issue for being false... then proceeded to make this thread when that one was closed per request of that OP. Like holy shit, that's amazing.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

The funny thing is, the OP of this thread posted in the first thread to talk about this problem. A thread which DISMISSED the issue for being false... then proceeded to make this thread when that one was closed per request of that OP. Like holy shit, that's amazing.

It's not just the OP, it's all the other people in this thread that jumped in to defend the bug that doesn't even exist even when multiple people presented evidence that says otherwise. That's says a lot about the inherent toxicity present here on these forums. It no longer surprises me at all. 

• Like 2