Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Ok, I am in for this year! Got a really late start last year but I had fun, let's see if I can get a 9 or a 10 this year.

Off to a strong start with everyone's favorite oddball chicken detectives!

Here's my starting list:

1. Toem

2. Chicken Police: Paint it Red  :platinum: 1/1/23

L1d3883.png

3. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

4. Spiritfarer

5. Sid Meier's Civilization VI

6. Desperados III

7. Steep

8. Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 1

9. Hollow Knight

10. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

Im excited to join! Already have a couple plats this year that will work for the challenge!

A side note about Little Nightmares 2, I platinumed this at 12:46am on the 1st of Jan my time (AEDT), for other parts of the world I think this will show up as some time on the 31st of Dec, so I'm not sure if this is ok for the challenge, could a mod let me know If I need to change it? Thanks. 

Here's my planned list for now: 

1/10 - Unsure currently, will figure it out later

2/10 - Little Nightmares 2  :platinum: 1/1/23

3/10 - inFamous: Second Son

4/10 - The Last of Us Remastered  :platinum: 2/1/23

5/10 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

6/10 - Wolfenstein: The New Order

7/10 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

8/10 - Gran Turismo 7

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10/10 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Badges I'm going for with this list:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Gran Turismo 7

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - The Last of Us Remastered

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Gran Turismo 7

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - inFamousThe Last of UsWolfenstein: The Old BloodWolfenstein: The New OrderCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarCrash Bandicoot 4Wolfenstein II

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Wolfenstein: The Old BloodWolfenstein: The New OrderWolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Edited by LMGhenry
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LMGhenry said:

Im excited to join! Already have a couple plats this year that will work for the challenge!

A side note about Little Nightmares 2, I platinumed this at 12:46am on the 1st of Jan my time (AEDT), for other parts of the world I think this will show up as some time on the 31st of Dec, so I'm not sure if this is ok for the challenge, could a mod let me know If I need to change it? Thanks. 

Here's my planned list for now: 

1/10 - Unsure currently, will figure it out later

2/10 - Little Nightmares 2  :platinum: 1/1/23

3/10 - inFamous: Second Son

4/10 - The Last of Us Remastered  :platinum: 2/1/23

5/10 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

6/10 - Wolfenstein: The New Order

7/10 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

8/10 - Gran Turismo 7

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10/10 - Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Badges I'm going for with this list:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Gran Turismo 7

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - The Last of Us Remastered

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Gran Turismo 7

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - inFamousThe Last of UsWolfenstein: The Old BloodWolfenstein: The New OrderCall of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarCrash Bandicoot 4Wolfenstein II

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - Wolfenstein: The Old BloodWolfenstein: The New OrderWolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Welcome to the challenge! List and badges look great. You also qualify for the Masochist because Crash and Wolfenstein 2 both can count as 10s. And yes your Little Nightmares 2 platinum counts since it was Jan 1st in your timezone :) Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Welcome to the challenge! List and badges look great. You also qualify for the Masochist because Crash and Wolfenstein 2 both can count as 10s. And yes your Little Nightmares 2 platinum counts since it was Jan 1st in your timezone :) Good luck!

Awesome thanks! I thought I might qualify for Masochist cause I remembered that somewhere had crash as a 10/10 but didn't know where and couldn't be bothered finding it. Thanks for that : )

2 minutes ago, L0sT_NZ_Kazekage said:

Sounds fun! I'd be keen on entering.

I platinumed Coffee Talk yesterday (1st Jan here in NZ) can I use that? Cheers! I'll make a list shortly 

Welcome :) And yes you can use that

1 minute ago, LMGhenry said:

Awesome thanks! I thought I might qualify for Masochist cause I remembered that somewhere had crash as a 10/10 but didn't know where and couldn't be bothered finding it. Thanks for that : )

Np! And the 10/10 comes from here just for your reference :)

1 hour ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com)

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com)

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile)

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile)

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx)

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx)

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies)

10. goooooood question spent quite a while trying to find which one I wanted to try and do still haven't decided. Was going to do hollow knight but I have already done that one on my account, unless I can do it on my second spare account??

Forgot to add the badges

Destiny 2

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

Final Fantasy 7 remake

• odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)

xump jump

• F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z

God of war hd, god of war 2, god of war ascension

• 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

7 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Rummaging around playstationtrophies.org I found two more 10/10 games that I haven't seen anyone add to their lists so I'll throw them up here and put them in the Resources tab of the main post just in case anyone's interested.

Mega Man 11

xBSE3FW.png

Red Dead Redemption 2

VSMWHaq.png

Wow!  That many people think RDR2 is a 10/10 difficulty!  I got the Platinum a few weeks ago on that and i cant for the life of me think what qualifies it for more than a 5/10.  I think a lot of people must be confusing the long grind as being difficulty as it sure is a grindy game that will take a long time but there is nothing actually hard in it. Its one of my Favorite games of all time tho and i encourage everyone to Platinum the game.  What a great 10/10 find for this challenge tho, for those choosing to take advantage i hope you enjoy the game as much as i did, I loved every single minute of it.  

• Like 4

First one down!! Onto the next ✌️

1/10 Donut County ✅

2/10 Aer - Memories of Old

3/10 NieR Automata

4/10 Control Ultimate Edition

5/10 Mirror's Edge Catalyst

6/10 Godfall

7/10 Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 Unravel 2 

9/10 Aliens: Fireteam Elite

10/10 Super Meat Boy

• Like 3

Lc59aa2.png

Monopoly Madness done

✅ 1/10 - The Gardens Between - :platinum: 1/1/2023

✅ 2/10 - Monopoly Madness - :platinum: 2/1/2023

❎ 3/10 - Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - :platinum:

❎ 4/10 - Yakuza 6: The Song Of Life - :platinum:

❎ 5/10 - Yakuza Like A Dragon - :platinum:

❎ 6/10 - Final Fantasy XII: the Zodiac Age - :platinum:

❎ 7/10 - Judgment - :platinum:

❎ 8/10 - Bloodborne - :platinum:

❎ 9/10 - Celeste - :platinum:

❎ 10/10 - Hollow Knight - :platinum:

Monopoly Madness also counts for rusKixo.png Rare genre badge since it has business as it genre.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

Forgot to add the badges

Destiny 2

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

Final Fantasy 7 remake

• odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)

xump jump

• F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z

God of war hd, god of war 2, god of war ascension

• 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

Badges look good except for Aware Winner. The Final Fantasy VII Remake guide just has the blue EHQ award, not one of the Guide of the Year awards. For a list of all Guide of the Year award winning games/guides, check out the Award Winner badge’s section in the Badge Clarifications tab on the main post :) 

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@LancashireLad87 We have our first Bronze tier finisher! Great job man! You didn't list any badges so I did a quick pass to see which ones you qualify for. If you qualify for more just let me know which ones. Being the first Bronze finisher you're on your way towards the cIZUd7T.png FIRST! badge...just 3 games to go to Platinum tier! Good job on UMvC3! I got that one a few years ago so I know it's a TRUE 10/10!!! 

17 minutes ago, RebornSoulz- said:

Hello everyone, since im new to this website i will give a try to that challenge @Rebourne07

So here is my list

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange (PSNProfiles)
274e.png 2/10 - HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 3/10 -  Dead Space 3 (pstrophies org)

274e.png 4/10 - Gravity Rush (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 5/10 - Uncharted Golden Abyss (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 6/10 - Dead Rising 4 (PSNProfiles)
2705.png 7/10 - Resident evil revelations 2 (PSVITA) (PSNProfiles:platinum: 1/1/2023

274e.png 8/10 - Red Faction Guerrilla (PSTrophies org

274e.png 9/10 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (PSVITA) (PSNProfiles)

274e.png 10/10 - Super Meat Boy (PSNProfiles)

Welcome to the challenge! Love your username lol

• Like 1

I have decided that since it will be later in the year I probably won’t decide my 8,9 &10 games now but I hope to complete Crash Bandicoot 4.

As of 2/1/23:

1/10 - Suicide Guy - https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/suicide-guy-trophy-guide/ ✅ 

2/10 - Lego City Undercover -https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13210-lego-city-undercover-trophy-guide

3/10 - Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13221-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trophy-guide

4/10 - Grand Theft Auto V - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14061-grand-theft-auto-v-trophy-guide

5/10 - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5653-resident-evil-7-biohazard-trophy-guide

6/10 - Ghostrunner - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11898-ghostrunner-trophy-guide

7/10 - Resident Evil 8 Village - https://www.powerpyx.com/resident-evil-8-village-trophy-guide-roadmap/

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com) :platinum:1/1/23

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile)

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile)

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx) :platinum:1/1/23

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies) :platinum:1/2/23

10. goooooood question spent quite a while trying to find which one I wanted to try and do still haven't decided. Was going to do hollow knight but I have already done that one on my account, unless I can do it on my second spare account??

Edited by BatMandalorian7
platinumed another game off the list
  • Like 2

La58059.png

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus is now done! ? 2 down 8 to go!!

❎ 1/10 - Job Simulator (PSNProfiles:platinum: on ???
☑️ 2/10 - Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racoonus (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 03/01/2023

❎ 3/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 4/10 - Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality (MetaGame) - :platinum: on ???

☑️ 5/10 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on 01/01/2023

❎ 6/10 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (PSNProfile) - :platinum: on ???
❎ 7/10 - Lucky's Tale (VR) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 8/10 - The Evil Within 2 (PSNProfiles) - :platinum: on ???

❎ 9/10 - Fall Guys (PS5 Version) (PlatPrices) - :platinum: on ??? 

❎ 10/10 - Scene it? Bright Lights! Big Screen! (PlaystationTrophies.org) - :platinum: on ???

• Like 3

On 27/12/2022 at 3:40 PM, Soul777Punisher said:

Okay, let's see if this year I can complete at least the first list of games:

1/10 Burly Men at Sea

2/10 Among Us (PlatPrices)

3/10 Minecraft

4/10 Heavenly Bodies

5/10 Darksiders 2

6/10 Shadow of the Colossus

7/10 Bloodborne

8/10 Slay the Spire

9/10 The Witness (PlayStationTrophies)

10/10 Trackmania Turbo (PlatPrices)

I believe I can get 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond (75-100 hours counts?) with Trackmania Turbo, along with zWOwpTP.png  Mad Skillz , odWe7mC.png Award winner with Bloodborne and a couple of them qualify for r4ItX2a.png Finally! Also, every game is on PS4, so I'll get KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master too. Now I guess it should be all of them, but I might change something during the year if something nice comes out

Got Heavenly Bodies done, gotta admit that I didn't like it that much but still managed to spend those 6ish hours on it. Also I somehow forgot that I'm still grinding Awesomeness on Rayman Legends, which can be counted as a 5 or a 6 and will replace one between Darksiders2 or Shadow of the Colossus, I'll decide when the moment will come.

• Like 1

Excited to join again, hoping to beat Silver Tier this year which I got to last year!

Here's my potential list for now, but as with last year I'm expecting this to change a lot throughout the year:

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange: True Colours 

274e.png 2/10 - A Way Out

274e.png 3/10 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales 

274e.png 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarök 

274e.png 5/10 - Uncharted 4

274e.png 6/10 - Hades

274e.png 7/10 - Bastion

274e.png 8/10 - Dark Souls Remastered

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal 

274e.png 10/10 - TBD

And some badges I currently plan to aim for: 

• odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Hades
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Bastion
  • 37roFKE.png Murica - Life is Strange: True Colours
  • sU2THm9.png PS5 Master 
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 6:23 PM, Groudon9000 said:

1/10 – Persona 5 Royal (PS5) (https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/persona-5-royal/guide/)

2/10 – Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4) (https://metagame.guide/pantsu-hunter-back-to-the-90s-ps4/trophy-guide)

3/10 – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4) (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/9339-star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-trophy-guide)

4/10 – Persona 4 Dancing All Night (NA Version) (PS Vita) (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/persona-4-dancing-all-night/guide/))

5/10 –  KILL LA KILL - IF (PS4) (https://platprices.com/game/2422-kill-la-kill-if)

6/10 –  Superliminal (PS4) (https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/superliminal-trophy-guide/)

7/10 – F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) (https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8045-fear-3-trophy-guide)

8/10 – Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) (https://www.psthc.fr/unjeu/ark-survival-evolved-ps4/guide-trophees.htm)

9/10 – Bayonetta (PS4) (PlatPrices Canada) (https://platprices.com/game/3983-bayonetta)

10/10 – SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) (https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/sega-genesis-classics/guide/)

Hello Everyone, 

Sorry for the late reply about my progress as I have been busy with other stuff.

I managed to finish both F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) and Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) yesterday!

It is both my 7 and 8 respectively on my platinum challenge list, which means I have 2/10 games done for this list.

In terms of F.E.A.R 3, most of the game was quite doable but insane mode and 20 waves of contractions makes this plat very hard to get.

For Ark Survival Evolved, it wasn't too bad except for the explorer notes which was annoying even though it isn't required for platinum but I really wanted that plat and 100%. The game did crash for me as well, which was annoying.

I am also changing my 9/10 to Celeste for PS4 but thankfully, it doesn't change the badges I would get from my original post. I will have the guide I will be using in the list below:

1/10 – Persona 5 Royal (PS5) 

2/10 – Pantsu Hunter: Back to the 90s (EU Version) (PS4) 

3/10 – Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (NA Version) (PS4) 

4/10 – Persona 4 Dancing All Night (NA Version) (PS Vita)

5/10 –  KILL LA KILL - IF (PS4) 

6/10 –  Superliminal (PS4)

7/10 – F.E.A.R 3 (PS3) (DONE)

8/10 – Ark Survival Evolved (PS4) (DONE)

9/10 – Celeste (PS4) (https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/304339-celeste-trophy-guide-and-roadmap/)

10/10 – SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (PS4) 

I am going to do Bayonetta on PS4 for my 9/10 in my second list, which will be posted after completion of this list.

I hope to get another game done soon!

Edited by Groudon9000
  • Like 2

Some small list update, with TOEM plat, very nice and chill game from the PS+ I highly recommend. I also made the free DLC which is also a nice addition to the game.
Actually without a guide, the difficulty is probably much higher than 1/10 ;) But you would need it for maybe 4/5 additional quests. So enjoy the game !  

✅ 1/10 - Toem

274e.png 2/10 - Last of Us Remake 1

274e.png 3/10 - Star Wars Fallen Order

274e.png 4/10 - Plague Tale Requiem

274e.png 5/10 - Uncharted Legacy of Thieves 

274e.png 6/10 - Final Fantasy - Crisis Core Reunion

274e.png 7/10 - Sifu 

274e.png 8/10 - Gran Turismo 7 

274e.png 9/10 - Sekiro : Shadows die twice

274e.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

Here are the badges I wanna get thanks to this list :

Edited by KingOfGold