Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Hi Rebourne,

I just finished the first game on my list which is deep sky.

I also made a change for my 1/10.

274e.png 1/10 - The pillars of the earth

274e.png 2/10 - Persona 5 royal

274e.png 3/10 - Sakura wars

274e.png 4/10 - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion

✅ 5/10 - Deep Sky derelict - Obtained on 12/01/2023

274e.png 6/10 - Dragon quest heroes 2

274e.png 7/10 - One step from eden

274e.png 8/10 - Astebreed

274e.png 9/10 - Crash bandicoot 4

274e.png 10/10 - The evil within

These are the badges I'm shooting for:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Dragon quest heroes 2

odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Persona 5 royal

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Crisis core final fantasy VII Reunion - Persona 5 royal - Dragon quest heroes 2 - One step from eden - Sakura wars - The evil within

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - All games in my list 

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - One step from eden

Completion of this game does not allow me to get a badge for the moment.

Thanks for reading me and good luck to all.

Edited by Saligun60
Mistake
  • Like 3

@Rebourne07 Hey, i would love to join the Challenge. :)
I will just play regulary and see which difficutly Platin i get on my Normal Playstyle.

I Should have waited with my Kingdom hearts Platins ? Would be some Badges.

My starter.

274e.png 1/10 -

274e.png 2/10 -

274e.png 3/10 -

274e.png 4/10 -

274e.png 5/10 -

✅ 6/10 - The Callisto Protocol

274e.png 7/10 -

274e.png 8/10 -

274e.png 9/10 -

274e.png 10/10 -

• Like 3

On 15/01/2023 at 0:14 AM, Rebourne07 said:

To comment on Jack of All Trades, I originally tended it to be a bit deeper than it is but it caused too much confusion so it settled into what it is now. It’s kinda too easy but oh well. You can have overlapping genres, just have 10 different genres among the 10 games as shown in the clarifications and you’ll get it.

I thought each game had to have at least one Unique Genre/Theme to that game that does not overlap, So basically if you pick Comedy on Game 1 for the Jack Badge then it cant be show on any other games, Likewise if game 2 then had Racing that is the only game that Genre can appear on the list even if its other Genre/Theme's (Adventure/Action etc) appear multiple times.

I had real trouble trying to come up with my list for Jack of all Trades due to this as it was very hard to have a Genre/Theme only showing up once across all 10 games.

Thats how i interperated the Challenge Clarification anyway and would look like this

Genre Theme
Adventure Fantasy, Historical, Drama
Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Horror, Thriller
Fighting, Sport Action
Racing Action, Open world
Simulator, Strategy Science fiction
Platform, Role-playing (RPG), Hack and slash/Beat 'em up, Adventure, Indie Action, Fantasy
Platform, Puzzle, Simulator, Adventure, Indie Action, Kids
Platform, Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Fantasy, Drama, Mystery
Platform, Puzzle, Simulator, Adventure, Indie Action, Comedy
Shooter Action, Science fiction

However the way you describe here seems to imply that the Genre/Theme does not need to be completely unique to a game so long as there are 10 different Genre/Themes but they are spread across all 10 games Like this example the that would also qualify in that case even tho the Themes Highlighted in Red appear more than once.

Genre Theme
Adventure, Indie Mystery
Adventure Fantasy, Thriller, Drama, Mystery, Romance
Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Party
Platform. Adventure Sandbox
Platform. Adventure Action, Fantasy, Horror
Platform, Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Action, Science Fiction, Stealth, Comedy
Puzzle, Strategy, Arcade Action, Fantasy, Comedy
RPG, Adventure, Indie Action, Fantasy
Shooter, Adventure Action, Horror, Survival
Racing, Arcade Action, Sandbox, Open World

Could you clarify as If this is the case then it would make it extremely easy to obtain.

The Top example is taken from one list i specifically made for Jack of all trades and took me ages to compile

The Second list is taken from another list i put together without even considering the Jack Badge so that shows how easy it would actually be. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 0:16 AM, DazzaFett said:

OK So my first list i have in progress is as follows

Status Difficulty Game Name Console Guide
Time
   % @
01/01/23
Current
    %
Rarity Genre Theme
Completed:platinum: 1/10 Lara Croft GO VITA 2 0% 100% Common Puzzle, Turn Based Strategy, Adventure Action
Completed:platinum: 2/10 Day of the Tentacle Remastered PS4 5 0% 100% Uncommon Point & Click, Adventure Fantasy, Science Fictionc Historical, Comedy
Completed:platinum: 3/10 Axiom Verge 2 PS4 20 0% 100% Rare Platform, Adventure, Indie Action, Science fiction
Completed:platinum: 4/10 Untitled Goose Game PS4 6 0% 100% Uncommon Simulator, Indie Action, Stealth
Completed:platinum: 5/10 Hotline Miami VITA 10 91% 100% Very Rare Shooter, Indie Action
Completed:platinum: 6/10 Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection PS4 10 0% 100% Uncommon Arcade Action
Completed:platinum: 7/10 Terminator: Resistance (Enhanced) PS5 10 0% 100% Common Shooter, Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Action
Not Started 8/10 Asterix & Obelix XXL: Romastered PS4 20 0% 0% Rare Hack & Slash/Beat em up  
Not Started 9/10 The Witness PS4 15 0% 0% Rare Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Science fiction, Open world, Mystery
1 Level to go 10/10 Atari Flashback Classics VITA 30 97% 97% Ultra Rare Arcade

Action

• kHuhNg6.pngVita Master - 3 VITA games   (On Track 1 to go)
  • KqPK6IM.pngPS4 Master -6 PS4 Games  (On Track 2 to go)
  • JIHoItq.pngOne Trick Pony - 6+ Action Themes   (Achieved)
  • 9ecFreL.pngOld School - Day of the Tentacle Remastered / Arcade Classic Anniversary Collection / Asterix & Obelix XXL Romastered / Atari Flashback Classics  (On Track 1 to go)
  • PdQrAjI.pngOCD - All Platinums in order  (Still On Track 3 to go)
  • odWe7mC.pngAward Winner - The Witness  (On Track 1 to go)
  • pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem - Axiom Verge 2  (Achieved)
  • vivrpJz.pngFresh Starter - 6+ games started in 2023  (Achieved)
  • 2OAacet.pngShameless - By Guide times = Lara Croft Go 2hr / Day of the Tentacle Remastered 5hr / Untitled Goose Game 6hr  (Achieved)

@Rebourne07 i have 7 Games completed now so should now qualify for the Bronze Leaderboard,  have updated as per the above.

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 2

1 - Word Search by POWGI

2 - Word Maze by POWGI

3 - Bouncy Bullets :platinum: (1 Jan)

4 - Hot Wheels Unleashed :platinum: (12 Jan)

5 - Xenon Racer

6 - Heavenly Bodies

7 - Ride 3

8 - The Witness

9 - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 (hard parts done, currenlty level 88)

10 - Assetto Corsa (fingers crossed)

Progress! Working through Ride and doing 0.5-1 level here and there on THPS at the moment. I will be away from my console for a little while from the end of this month. Hoping to get Ride done by then (only get an hour or two a day at best to play)

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

I thought each game had to have at least one Unique Genre/Theme to that game that does not overlap for Jack of all Trades Badge

My humble opinion is that originally @Rebourne07 wanted the Jack of all Trades Badge to be very difficult with unique Genres/Themes across all 10 games. But some people - me included - presented the lists with an easier solution. If a game has more than one genre/theme just pick one and make sure you have at least one unique across all 10 games :)

For example:

Toem: PUZZLE, Adventure, Indie, Fantasy, Kids

Bee Sim: SIMULATION, Adventure

Assassin's Creed IV: ADVENTURE, Platform, Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Historical, Stealth, Sandbox, Open World

You can choose from all combinations of GENRE and THEME to get 1 unique entry across 10 games for Jack of all Trades :)

I'm glad he accepted the easy solution since it's very difficult to find games without popular genres/themes like Action and Adventure. Among all games i've been thinking of using for this event there were always around 6 with either Action and/or Adventure genre/theme.

I have a question about the Old School Badge @Rebourne07

Nexomon was released in 2017 for PC and Mobile but in 2021 for Playstation and Xbox. The Sequel Nexomon Extinction was released in between (2020). Does Nexomon PS4/PS5 counts for Old School? I think it should count as a Remastered :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88

❌ 1. Donut County (PSNP)

❌ 2. Chicory: A Colorful Tale (PST)

❌ 3. Axiom Verge 2 (PST)

✅ 4. Doom Eternal (PSNP)

❌ 5. Hotwheels Unleashed (PST) or Superhot (Platget) 

❌ 6. Tennis World Tour 2 (PSNP) or Windbound (PSNP)

❌ 7. Valfaris (PSNP)

❌ 8. Dead Space 2 (PST)

❌ 9. The Evil Within (PSNP) or Shadow Warrior (PSNP)

❌ 10. Wolfenstein 2 (PSNP) or Hollow Knight (PST)

=====

DcMnA68.png#307 - Doom Eternal (100%)

FhvY58P.png

Ripped and tore my way to my first completed game. ?

• Like 2

Changing my 5/10 for Stranger of Paradise which I just finished off, which gets me the Brownie Points Badge too! 

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange: True Colours 

274e.png 2/10 - A Way Out

274e.png 3/10 - Spider-Man: Miles Morales 

:platinum: 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarök (4th Jan)

:platinum: 5/10 - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (16th Jan)

274e.png 6/10 - Hades

274e.png 7/10 - Bastion

274e.png 8/10 - Dark Souls Remastered

274e.png 9/10 - Celeste

274e.png 10/10 - TBD

Badges:

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Stranger of Paradise 2705.png 

Edited by Ben25BBB
  • Like 4

@DazzaFett You're awesome for setting up Jack of All Trades the way it was originally intended. Unfortunately you're probably the only one that did lol So it got revamped into just having 10 different genres among them like your second example. It's ok, it'll just be really common. Also, congratulations on Bronze tier! I'll update the leaderboards right after this :D

Edit: Here you go :D

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Evil_Joker88 That sounds more like a port than a remaster to me...but since it's got the weird case of the sequel coming to PS before the original sure you can count it if you want.

@dieselmanchild Good job on Doom Eternal! I'm working on the PS5 version now!

Edited by Rebourne07

17 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@DazzaFett You're awesome for setting up Jack of All Trades the way it was originally intended. Unfortunately you're probably the only one that did lol So it got revamped into just having 10 different genres among them like your second example. It's ok, it'll just be really common. Also, congratulations on Bronze tier! I'll update the leaderboards right after this :D

Thanks for confirming. Yeah that Jack List took ages to compile as it wasn't easy and I thought that it would be one of the more rare badges but I like the games in the list so plan to play them anyway if i have time with my other lists,  but with the new Ruling I may take advantage to perhaps swap a few games around to maximize the overall badges now.  If your interested below was the original planned list dedicated for the Jack Badge that I put together for the original ruling which I managed to get 11 Badges in total so I will look to see if swapping any out would net me some extra badges

Difficulty Game Name Console Guide
Time
Current % Rarity Genre Theme
1/10 Game of Thrones PS4 12 0% Uncommon Adventure Fantasy, Historical, Drama
2/10 Call of Cthulhu PS4 15 0% Uncommon Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Horror, Thriller
3/10 Tekken 7 PS4 10 0% Uncommon Fighting, Sport Action
4/10 Burnout Paradise: Remastered (NA) PS4 30 0% Rare Racing Action, Open world
5/10 Jurassic World Evolution PS4 60 36% Rare Simulator, Strategy Science fiction
6/10 Blasphemous PS4 20 0% Rare Platform, Role-playing (RPG), Hack and slash/Beat 'em up, Adventure, Indie Action, Fantasy
7/10 Snake Pass PS4 20 0% Very Rare Platform, Puzzle, Simulator, Adventure, Indie Action, Kids
8/10 Bound PS4 40 0% Ultra Rare Platform, Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Fantasy, Drama, Mystery
9/10 I am Bread PS4 40 0% Ultra Rare Platform, Puzzle, Simulator, Adventure, Indie Action, Comedy
10/10 Vanquish (AS) PS4 15 0% Very Rare Shooter Action, Science fiction

This list should have gotten me the following badges- Jack, PS4 Master, One Trick Pony, Fresh Starter, Masochist, Finally!, Rare Letter, Old School, Award Winner, OCD, Spooky 

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 After confirmation of the ruling for Jack of all Trades I took another look at my first list that is shown above (and now on the Bronze Leader Board) I assumed this would not qualify based on the original ruling but I believe it would now also qualify as per below if you could confirm. 

Difficulty Game Name Genre Theme
1/10 Lara Croft GO Puzzle, Turn Based Strategy, Adventure Action
2/10 Day of the Tentacle Remastered Point & Click, Adventure Fantasy, Science Fictionc Historical, Comedy
3/10 Axiom Verge 2 Platform, Adventure, Indie Action, Science fiction
4/10 Untitled Goose Game Simulator, Indie Action, Stealth
5/10 Hotline Miami Shooter, Indie Action
6/10 Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection Arcade Action
7/10 Terminator: Resistance (Enhanced) Shooter, Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Action
8/10 Asterix & Obelix XXL: Romastered Hack & Slash/Beat em up  
9/10 The Witness Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Science fiction, Open world, Mystery
10/10 Atari Flashback Classics Arcade Action

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DazzaFett said:

@Rebourne07 After confirmation of the ruling for Jack of all Trades I took another look at my first list that is shown above (and now on the Bronze Leader Board) I assumed this would not qualify based on the original ruling but I believe it would now also qualify as per below if you could confirm. 

Difficulty Game Name Genre Theme
1/10 Lara Croft GO Puzzle, Turn Based Strategy, Adventure Action
2/10 Day of the Tentacle Remastered Point & Click, Adventure Fantasy, Science Fictionc Historical, Comedy
3/10 Axiom Verge 2 Platform, Adventure, Indie Action, Science fiction
4/10 Untitled Goose Game Simulator, Indie Action, Stealth
5/10 Hotline Miami Shooter, Indie Action
6/10 Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection Arcade Action
7/10 Terminator: Resistance (Enhanced) Shooter, Role-playing (RPG), Adventure Action
8/10 Asterix & Obelix XXL: Romastered Hack & Slash/Beat em up  
9/10 The Witness Puzzle, Adventure, Indie Science fiction, Open world, Mystery
10/10 Atari Flashback Classics Arcade Action

Yep, it qualifies

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

The original stricter versions of OCD and Jack of All might be good as extra badges for next year, I've decided to try and do OCD with no other games in between my list which is going to make getting the Romance badge tough 

I agree, I like the harder to obtain badges that make them more unique and harder to compile a list for.

• Like 1

1/10 Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!

2/10 Tales of Arise ☑️ Difficulty: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/12881-tales-of-arise-trophy-guide

3/10 Crystar ☑️ Difficulty: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14958-crystar-trophy-guide

4/10 Naruto Shippuuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4

5/10 Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana ☑️ Difficulty: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6533-ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-trophy-guide

6/10 Hades

7/10 Ys Origin

8/10 TBD

9/10 TBD

10/10 TBD

Completed Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana as my 5/10. That's the third game done and also qualifies me for the Guide Writer badge.

• Like 4

Completed Maneater as my 2/10. It's a fun time for 8-10 hours. If you like the idea of playing as a shark, the game delivers.

1-

2- Maneater

3-

4- Deathloop

5- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

6- Ghostrunner

7-

8-

9-

10-

I still haven't got around to doing Worms WMD online trophies yet, but that'll be my 7/10.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, luketheduke12 said:

Finally, I finished Mirror's Edge (100%)! It was an unforgettable experience, full of pain and sorrow, as well as exuberance and triumph. The time trials and speedruns required... perseverance, to say the least. My last playthrough (Hard + collectibles) to get the Platinum was a blast, though, since I had practically memorized the game at that point and could just breeze through it without stressing about a time limit. Maintaining speed and momentum is definitely how the game is meant to be experienced, which unfortunately is impossible prior to achieving a certain level of memorization and proficiency.

I intend to tackle Demon's Souls next. I'd rather get the tougher games done first, although I'll need to beat Guardian of Rebirth next month for Love Bird. Mirror's Edge didn't earn me any badges, so I'll revisit those in a future update. 

I'm definitely off to a slow start. I just got a PS5 and have been preoccupied with it haha. Time to pick up the pace!

274c.png 1/10: Code: Realize - Guardian of Rebirth [PS Vita] [Visual Novel]

274c.png 2/10: Persona 5 Royal [PS4] [Role-playing]

274c.png 3/10: Persona 4 Golden [PS Vita] [Simulator]

274c.png 4/10: Persona 4: Dancing All Night [PS Vita] [Music]

274c.png 5/10: RAGE [PS3] [Science Fiction]

274c.png 6/10: ICO [PS3] [Drama]

274c.png 7/10: Jak II HD [PS3] [Adventure]

274c.png 8/10: Demon's Souls [PS3] [Fantasy]

:platinum: 9/10: Mirror's Edge [PS3] [Platform] [1/17/2023]

274c.png 10/10: Vanquish [PS3] [Shooter]

Good Luck with Vanquish,  Great game but boy is the final 6th Challenge a huge difficulty spike compared to everything else in the game.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, MD_91 said:

The original stricter versions of OCD and Jack of All might be good as extra badges for next year, I've decided to try and do OCD with no other games in between my list which is going to make getting the Romance badge tough 

I agree, i've planned to finish list 1 with OCD badge until mid February, don't get any other platinums in between and complete One Night Stand in late next month for the Romance Badge for list 2.

Unfortunately i need two luck based events in Remnant to get the :platinum: which shall be my #7 ? so close but still so far...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I agree, i've planned to finish list 1 with OCD badge until mid February, don't get any other platinums in between and complete One Night Stand in late next month for the Romance Badge for list 2.

Unfortunately i need two luck based events in Remnant to get the :platinum: which shall be my #7 ? so close but still so far...

There's no chance I finish my first list before the end of February so I'm going to do Catherine as my 7, unless I missed something when looking through the games available you're really limited for difficult romance games

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

Batman Arkham City:

I love Batman but those challenge trophies were the reason why i didnt find the Motivation to platinum the game at first. In my opinion Arkham Asylum had a nice little amount of challenges but to Do all challenges and then Do them again in a longer campaign of 3 challenges one after another were just a bad choice in my opinion. At least i was motivated enough to finish the platinum with this event!

I agree I have had Batman AC for PS3 sitting on my backlog at 81% with only the Challenges left to do for 11 years now as i stopped playing it in Jan 2012.  I have put it on one of my lists for this challenge as well to motivate me to also finally get it done    

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DazzaFett said:

Good Luck with Vanquish,  Great game but boy is the final 6th Challenge a huge difficulty spike compared to everything else in the game.

Thanks. So I've heard. I don't think I've even seen gameplay of Vanquish; I've just read about it haha. But I'm willing to take the plunge.