Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

5 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

You can start now and use any platinum earned this year.

Hey @Rebourne07. Congrats on your fourth child! How you fit in any gaming is a bit of a mystery to me haha. 

This has possibly been answered before, but is MetaGame.Guide a legit site for difficulty scores? I stumbled across the site recently and some of their scores seem quite generous – not to mention flexible (they do a lot of .5 scores, so you can choose where you put them). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

This has possibly been answered before, but is MetaGame.Guide a legit site for difficulty scores? I stumbled across the site recently and some of their scores seem quite generous – not to mention flexible (they do a lot of .5 scores, so you can choose where you put them).

Yeah it counts, i've used it myself. It has been the only rating i found for Xeno Crisis to put it as 10/10 on list 1 :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yeah it counts, i've used it myself. It has been the only rating i found for Xeno Crisis to put it as 10/10 on list 1 :)

Sweet, thanks! Yeah, I've seen a lot of pretty high difficulty ratings on there ...

I can bump most of my games up by at least a point by using it. Hand of Fate 2 is a 6/10 on PlatPrices, but 8.5 on MetaGame Guides. I mean, it's a tricky game, but being able to use it as a 9/10 is pretty crazy. Dead Cells is also 8.5. A few others. 

Edit: In fact, I think I can probably fill out my first list by using games that are ranked far higher at MetaGame Guides. It feels a bit gross though... haha

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

Sweet, thanks! Yeah, I've seen a lot of pretty high difficulty ratings on there ...

I can bump most of my games up by at least a point by using it. Hand of Fate 2 is a 6/10 on PlatPrices, but 8.5 on MetaGame Guides. I mean, it's a tricky game, but being able to use it as a 9/10 is pretty crazy. Dead Cells is also 8.5. A few others. 

Edit: In fact, I think I can probably fill out my first list by using games that are ranked far higher at MetaGame Guides. It feels a bit gross though... haha

Yeah It's amazing how different the ratings sometimes are. Platprices.com is another website which presents rather high ratings too. It's worth checking too :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yeah It's amazing how different the ratings sometimes are. Platprices.com is another website which presents rather high ratings too. It's worth checking too :)

Yeah, tell me about it. I recently got the Plague Inc: Evolved platinum. Having looked around, I can place it as either 3, 4, 5, 7 or 8 out of 10 depending on which site I go with! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nolderas3 said:

10/10 - I Am Bread (Couldn't find a guide at 10/10, but I've seen others use this, and I've only played the game for about 5 mins.)

I found this: 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/255816-platinum-difficulty-rating/

You can use forum votes as long as at least 10 people have voted. And you can either choose the average across the scores, or the score with the most votes (in this case 10). 

• Like 2

@Rebourne07 can i use the games i have platinumed this year for this challenge final fantasy type 0hd lego harry potter years 1-4 and years 5-7 lego the hobbit dbz kakarot ps5 lego marvel super heroes 1 they are earned this year the platinum trophies and the other game i almost have done devil may cry 1 60% ps4 it is on my mind a long time 

• Like 1

On 13/07/2023 at 7:10 PM, k0edb said:
  1. Peppa Pig
  2. Rocket League
  3. Immortals:Fenyx Rising
  4. Formula 1 2022
  5. Stranded Deep (NA)
  6. COD ColdWar(ps5 stack)
  7. Elden Ring
  8. TimbermanVS
  10. Red Dead Redemption 2(Pstrophies)

Gonna discover a game with 6 on the category and for 9, it will be sekiro.

Adding coldwar to difficulty 6 and going for sekiro to finish the list and the platinum will be my 10000th trophy

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 1:12 PM, Mary_mon42 said:

Kinda late to the fun but better late than never! Here's my list:

1/10: Life is Strange 2 (Science Fiction) :platinum: (23/04/23)
 2/10: The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Survival) :platinum: (25/04/23)
 3/10: Endling (Sandbox) :platinum: (04/08/23)
❎ 4/10: Untitled Goose Game (Simulator)
❎ 5/10: Outer Wilds (Puzzle)
❎ 6/10: Team Sonic Racing (Racing)
❎ 7/10: Outlast 2 (Horror)
❎ 8/10: Cuphead (Indie)
❎ 9/10: Celeste (Platform)
❎ 10/10: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Open World)

Badges I'm shooting for:
7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours (Red Dead Redemption 2)

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023 (RDR2, Celeste, Outlast 2, Untitled Goose Game, Endling, Life is Strange 2)

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre

PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order (hopefully I don't forget lol)

One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre (Adventure genre: MoM, LiS2, Celeste, Endling, Outer Wilds, RDR2, Outlast 2)
KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list
F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z (Outlast 2)

Is it possible to get Jack of All Trades and One Trick Pony on the same list? Asking because 6 of my games share the adventure genre ?

Ended up having to change Far Cry 6 for Endling as my 3/10 game because it's taking me forever to get through the game considering how big the maps are and I wasn't enjoying it at all, and considering I already have to get through a million hours in RDR, it just isn't the optimal choice if I want to finish this list at some point lol

• Like 2

i going to create a list cause i have way to many games already i just need to look from the difficultie of the games i got but i have finished some games this year and i have read that i can use those games for this challenge once i see the difficultie from my finished games and the badges that i normally have earned from the games i have finished i start to understand how the event this one works 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Finch_III Congratulations on Platinum tier!!! Haha yeah, kids definitely reduce my gaming more than I'd like, but it's all good, they're worth it :) And yes, you can use MetaGame.Guide.  

@k0edb Congratulations on Gold tier!

@RoastedPeanut Congratulations on Silver tier and 6 badges!

@Skagarrin Congratulations on Gold tier and 1 new badge!

• Like 3