Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

38 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Request for everyone here:

Can y'all help me find 1s, 7s, 8s, 9s and 10s that came out in 2023? I'm looking to update the Resources section of the main post and a few more brains on it would speed the process up. Thanks. 

Well, Diablo 4 and Lies of P come to mind immediately, but you prob already have those.

The Light in the Darkness is a 1/10

Syphon Filter 3 also a 1/10

Metagame has some here:

Hard and Easy

The hard ones are kind of lol (FF pixel remasters 7/10?) and the Easy list looks like mostly shoveltrash, tho.

But yeah... mountains and mountains of 2, 3, 5 or unrated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@barra333 Thanks man!

@zaxonzaxon OMFG you have GOT to be kidding me on those Pixel Remaster difficulty ratings!!! 🤣 Bro I was just talking to someone else on here the other day about how Metagame.guide is a necessary evil. Those ratings do count, but man they are whack. I've only platinum'd 2 of the 6 so far...so maybe out of just pure audacity I might put one high up on my list next year 🤣

• Haha 2

Here's a list of games I could find that should be from this year though I'm sure I missed a few, I did not include most of the 1/10's since a bunch are under 15 minutes and I did include a couple games that rereleased on PS5 this year since the originals weren't on the resources list anyway. I also included multiple ratings if I found them in the 7-10 range.

1/10 Difficulty

Spoiler

Game Name

Rating

Source

Creepy Tale 1/10 Knoef
Gylt 1/10 PSN Profiles
Mangavania 1/10 Xbox Achievements
Math World VR 1/10 Knoef
Mia and the Dragon Princess 1/10 Knoef
No Longer Home 1/10 Knoef
Peppa Pig: World Adventures 1/10 PSN Profiles
Super Box Delivery Beyond the Horizon 1/10 PlatGet
Ten Dates 1/10 Knoef
The Expanse: A Telltale Series 1/10 Knoef
The Isle Tide Hotel 1/10 Knoef
The Light in the Darkness 1/10 PSN Profiles
The Wreck 1/10 Knoef
Video Poker 1/10 PSN Profiles

7/10 Difficulty

Spoiler
Game Name Rating Source 2nd Rating 2nd Source 3rd Rating 3rd Source
Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon 7/10 PS Trophies Guide 8/10 Powerpyx    
Lies of P 7/10 PSN Profiles 7.5/10 PowerPyx 9/10 PS Trophies
Persona 3 Portable 7/10 Plat Prices 8/10 PS Trophies    
Rain world (PS5) 7/10 PSN Profiles        
Resident Evil 4 7/10 Plat Prices 8/10 PS Trophies    
Tales of Symphonia Remastered 7/10 PSN Profiles        
Thumper (PS5) 7/10 PSN Profiles        
Monster Menu: The Scavengers Cookbook 7.5/10 Metagame        

8/10 Difficulty

Game Name Rating Source 2nd Rating 2nd Source    
Diablo IV 8/10 PSN Profiles 9/10

PS Trophies

9/10 Difficulty

Game Name Rating Source 2nd Rating 2nd Source
Trackmania 9/10 PSNProfiles 9-10/10 PS Trophies

10/10 Difficulty

Game Name Rating Source
Mr. Run and Jump 10/10 Knoef
  • Like 1

@Rebourne07 maybe no games from 2023 but i didnt find them in the Resources so you could add them if you want:

1s:

Unpacked (PSNP)

Suicide of Rachel  Foster (PSNP)

7s:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shredders Revenge (playstationtrophies.org)

Solar Ash (Platprices)

Kena: Bridge of Spirits (Platprices)

Transformers: Devastation (PSNP)

8s:

Neon White (PSNP)

Furi (PSNP)

Jotun (Platprices)

9s: 

Olliolli 2 (platprices)

Edited by Inuty

Hello all. In my early preparation for next year's event I'm looking at adjusting badges. Removing some and adding new ones. Since several people on here have taken it upon themselves to add extra challenges and go above and beyond I figured I'd build a little of that into the event with Extreme Badges. There will still be normal badges, but in addition there will be some that are set apart as a bigger deal. Their icons will be larger 100x100 instead of 50x50 and they'll be placed before standard badges on the Leaderboards. These are the ideas and as always feedback and new ideas are always welcome.

• GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list
  • XYD6tMN.png Hardcore - 7 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10
  • xnwSrVh.png Minesweeper - Complete a full list without earning any other badges

• 1ukkNSy.png Whoa - Complete Platinum tier on a third list in the same year
  • gH41w1H.png Mind Blown - Complete Platinum tier on a fourth list in the same year
  • WFKpGFU.png Impossibru - Complete Platinum tier on a fifth list in the same year

• cN7cFEe.jpeg Grinder - The sum total of the official time estimates of all the games on your list is 700hrs or more
  • TSk7ITI.png Speedrun - The sum total of the official time estimates of all the games on your list is 150hrs or less

• 5NJhFky.png Hard Mode - Platinum a list of all 7-10 rated games
  • BWdZkp1.png Loyalist - All 10 of your ratings come from PSNProfiles
  • mSleUSr.png Rebourne Roulette - Give me 3 genres and I'll give you 3 games to put on your list
  • xv8O2n4.png Top Ten - Platinum one of the hardest games on Playstation***

***Assetto Corsa, Crash Bandicoot 4, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Doom 2, Ikaruga, Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai, Silent Hill 2 HD, Super Meat Boy, Tetris Effect, Wolfenstein 2

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

1ukkNSy.png Whoa - Complete Platinum tier on a third list in the same year

• gH41w1H.png Mind Blown - Complete Platinum tier on a third list in the same year
  • WFKpGFU.png Impossibru - Complete Platinum tier on a fifth list in the same year

shouldn't Mind Blown be for completing 4 lists? because currently Whoa and Mind blown is for the same thing

10 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

So much fun on Friday the 13th! Game number 8 completed. Trackmania Turbo in which you race against time on many different tracks that become increasingly complex and difficult. This reminded me of GTA 5 Online when I drove thousands of hours in races for record times.

☠️10/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

☠️10/10 Dreadnought

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow Of New Despair

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 2025

☠️10/10 Silent Hill 2

☠️10/10 The Evil Within

☠️10/10 Diablo 2: Resurrected

☠️10/10 Trackmania Turbo

funny-jaw-drop-audience-egiv09vz5m2d4qk5

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I have decided on my games for list 5 and will see if i can complete the last list until the end of the year. 4 games are already completed so lets tackle the last few months of the year :)

List 5:
1 - Unpacking (PSNP) :platinum:
2 - The Forgotten City (PSNP)
3 - Dredge (PSNP) :platinum:
4 - Untitled Goose Game (MetaGame)
5 - Trails of Azure (PSNP) :platinum:
6 - Sayonara Wildhearts (MetaGame) :platinum:
7 - Solar Ash (Platprices)
8 - Velocity 2x (Platprices)
9 - Lies of P (playstationtrophies.org)
10 - Deadbolt (PlatPrices)

Broooo how do you platinum 50 games in a year!? Especially considering all the difficult ones included! 😮 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Broooo how do you platinum 50 games in a year!? Especially considering all the difficult ones included! 😮 

Well not sure if i can finish the 5th list but let see if i can manage, so it is not 50 games yet :D now that you say you think about a hall of fame, maybe i can get a place there with 5 lists. But to be honest i nearly concentrated the whole year on games which fits in those lists, which was some time a bit exhausting. After the 3rd list i thought i will concentrate now on games i want to play but they nearly filled a list again so i did go for the numbers i was missing haha.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Inuty said:

Well not sure if i can finish the 5th list but let see if i can manage, so it is not 50 games yet :D now that you say you think about a hall of fame, maybe i can get a place there with 5 lists. But to be honest i nearly concentrated the whole year on games which fits in those lists, which was some time a bit exhausting. After the 3rd list i thought i will concentrate now on games i want to play but they nearly filled a list again so i did go for the numbers i was missing haha.

Oh you're for sure making the hall of fame cause I don't see anyone coming up from behind and beating your total number of badges. Also, that feeling of wanting to still participate in the challenge but not work around lists so much is exactly why next year there will be easy mode lists. So all the 3/10 new AAA titles that come out have a place so hopefully that's taken care of next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Also, that feeling of wanting to still participate in the challenge but not work around lists so much is exactly why next year there will be easy mode lists. So all the 3/10 new AAA titles that come out have a place so hopefully that's taken care of next year.

I guess my count of 5 lists can be easily beaten then haha

• Like 1