Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

Current list (as of now).

274c.png 1/10 

274c.png 2/10 - Final Fantasy II

2705.png 3/10 - Marvel's Spider Man

2705.png 4/10 - Death's Door

2705.png 5/10 - Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS5)

2705.png 6/10 - Resident Evil 4 Remake 

2705.png 7/10 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2705.png 8/10 - The Evil Within 2

2705.png 9/10 - The Evil Within

274c.png 10/10 - 

Been busy with work here lately - so my time has been limited and Final Fantasy XIV - raiding the newest savage weekly re-clears (and patch) happened. 🤣 

I do, however, have a question about one of the games in the difficulty 9 & 10 tier list: Vanquish. Does it really deserve the 9/10 or 10/10 spot? Is this difficulty based solely on the psnprofiles (or PST) guide? The thing worth noting in Vanquish are the challenges and those challenges mainly being Challenges 4 & 6, the other 4 are simple enough, but I would not say Vanquish is a 9, let alone a 10; if anything, I would say a 7 (or 8 at best) to avoid an argument; personally, a 6 makes more sense (in my opinion) for Vanquish while MGR:R seems about right. Not sure if this has been brought up before in the past, but figured I'd ask now. While it will make no difference, just curious. In addition, one could also argue Evil Within's spot, but that is another topic for a different day. Idk - Akumu mode after completing it felt more like Trial and Error, but who knows that is based on my experience.

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@dertswa687o Congratulations on Gold tier on your third list! Your badges are awesome cause its clear you went for as many unique ones as possible and didn't double/triple up on many at all.

@JEDI_BROTHERS For recommendations on higher level difficulty games checkout the Resources section of the main post. Lots of good ideas in there :)

@x410xDragon Good points on Vanquish and Evil Within. That's the beauty of the challenge though, no one can determine their own ratings, we just accept the ratings of guide writers and community polls so if a game was considered a 10 at one point but now, due to strategies and exploits discovered afterwards, is easier...so be it. It's still a 10 for this challenge :) Good job on Evil Within, I think you're the first person I've heard say that wasn't as hard as they expected lol

• Like 4

On 10/7/2023 at 11:03 AM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

It's been a minute since I did this update. I forgot about the challenge. But I'm back! All guides will be the psnprofiles guide unless stated otherwise 

1/10 - The light in the darkness

2/10 - Undertale

3/10 - TMNT The Cowabunga Collection 

4/10 - 

5/10 - Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception

6/10 - Grand Theft Auto V PS5 

7/10 - Conan Exiles 

8/10 -

9/10 - 

10/10 - 

I'm slacking... I have some games in mind, I'd love some recommendations from the community if you guys have any ideas :)

Alright, I'm fully committed now

4- destroy all humans remake 

8- the witness or Tony hawk 1 2

9- Celeste 

10- injustice

Only one I'm iffy on is injustice due to how long it may take. But for now I'm planning on it. Thanks for the help guide 

I will update when I make progress 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Alright, I'm fully committed now

4- destroy all humans remake 

8- the witness or Tony hawk 1 2

9- Celeste 

10- injustice

Only one I'm iffy on is injustice due to how long it may take. But for now I'm planning on it. Thanks for the help guide 

I will update when I make progress 

I have no idea how long your 4,9 and 10 games take, but Tony Hawk will take a hell of a long time. The grind to level 100 is madness. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@zaxonzaxon Congratulations on finishing your list AND being one of the very few with the Guide Writer badge!!!

@x410xDragon I've bumped you up to Silver tier! Let me know what badges you are eligible for and I'll put those by your name. And yeah, your 2/10 is great cause 2.5 can either round down to 2 or up to 3. 

@Skagarrin Good luck on The Witcher 3! I've always wanted to play that one but never bit the bullet cause I know its a long one. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@xLetsP1ayGod Daaaaang you came outta nowhere from your long hiatus with some jam packed lists! Good job man! You're the only person with two Guide Writer badges and its great cause you doubled up with Pinball Heroes 🤣 Also it's hilarious that your horror game is Sonic Unleashed 🤣

Thanks! Sonic Unleashed felt like a horror game lmaooo

• Like 2

10 hours ago, barra333 said:

I have no idea how long your 4,9 and 10 games take, but Tony Hawk will take a hell of a long time. The grind to level 100 is madness. 

Injustice is long, but there's afk for the longest trophy thankfully. Destroy all humans is like 20 hours maybe? And Celeste from what I've read is a little longer than that. If it's that bad I might just postpone it for another game. 

19 minutes ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Injustice is long, but there's afk for the longest trophy thankfully. Destroy all humans is like 20 hours maybe? And Celeste from what I've read is a little longer than that. If it's that bad I might just postpone it for another game. 

Celeste with cheats (I used them, no shame) is very quick. Injustice platinum is less about the level 100 grind and more about Battle Mode. Good luck!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I've bumped you up to Silver tier! Let me know what badges you are eligible for and I'll put those by your name. And yeah, your 2/10 is great cause 2.5 can either round down to 2 or up to 3. 

Afaik, I only qualify for: 

7AptHd9.png - Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt 

vivrpJz.png - All

F5VKYG6.png - Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

Never considered the badges before now, but the idea seems very fun! I may have to consider my next few carefully! 

Edit: I think that about covers it, @Rebourne07. Let me know if I am incorrect anywhere.

Edited by x410xDragon
Added information.