One Piece Odyssey trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

Played the demo, game is awesome. Combat is very fun, has lots of different mechanics and offers room for strategy - strengths and weaknesses, switching crew members on the fly, fighting enemy groups in different areas. Almost all abilities have side effects and debuffs, so they aren't just for damage either. Exploration seems pretty nice so far too. 

And to people who say combat is too easy - what did you expect? It's the tutorial level.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DantoriusD said:

Played the Demo. Just as i expected. Story seems Mid and the Combat is so far just a Simple Rock/Paper/Scissor Mechanic. Graphics are ok i really like the Artstyle. Also it has the typical One Piece Comedy in it. But so far the Combat was easy AF. Not even a Difficulty Setting in the Demo. Jeah i think ill wait for a Sale not worth the 60-70$ for me.

Did you expect to get your ass kicked in the first hour of the game?

• Like 1

After playing the demo and seeing the trophy, I expect this game to be well over 80 hours to platinum. The first area for the demo had 8 chest and im sure there was more. I will be getting it for sure, I love one piece and this one looks like a treat for fans, 

3 hours ago, Claymorw said:

After playing the demo and seeing the trophy, I expect this game to be well over 80 hours to platinum. The first area for the demo had 8 chest and im sure there was more. I will be getting it for sure, I love one piece and this one looks like a treat for fans, 

i didn't try the demo yet, does it play like Dragon Quest? 

16 hours ago, And98s said:

Did you expect to get your ass kicked in the first hour of the game?

I expected a little bit more than just "Abuse the Power Triangle" and Spam the Strongest Attack. You can already see the Attacks the Crew has at least up to lvl 40. Its nearly always the Same. Attack same Area, Grp Attack same Area, Attack different Area, Grp Attack Differend Area....etc. 

And without even a Difficulty Setting chances are Pretty High you overlevel super quick when you do Sideactivities which makes the Game even easier.

I didnt expect much but i expect more than clearing the First Dungeon without even get hit ? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jonjon0890 said:

Does One Piece Odyssey support save transfer from PS4 to PS5 like Namco Bandai's other cross-games (ie. Scarlet Nexus, Tales of Arise, Elden Ring)?

It will be interesting if this game have trophy autopop via save transfer.

It does have a PS4 to PS5 Save Transfer. But cant say if there will be Auto Pops for Trophied.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:47 PM, Infected Elite said:

Most JRPGs are haha

If reviews are good, ill be waiting for sale. May pick up in spring/summer. If bad ill skip (looks at Fairy Tale)

Absolutely hate one piece but cant deny a good jrpg if it turns out to be.

What was bad about Fairy Tale?

Was it the best game ever? Not close. I thought it was enjoyable and fine for what it was though.  

I played just a few minutes of the demo as I don't really like playing demos.  There were some minor quality of life issues for me that are super picky.  It felt like the text was disappearing a bit too quick for some of the scenes, and I didn't like all of the spotlighted interactions in that they don't go away once you've visited them, but I might still give it a shot.

3 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

My copy is arriving this weekend. Seems nobody yet has the platinum so perhaps the collectibles and side quests takes a decent amount of time?

https://psnprofiles.com/ikemenzi
has the platinum. took him 2 days. i guess he played it nonstop.

i am playing this game myself right now. it takes quite a lot time. definitely a long platinum. 

So how is everyone's thought of the game so far?

Just finished the Alabasta arc and ngl, not loving the game atm. Gameplay became repetitive fast. The collectible trophies and huge list of sub-stories is making me stalled the game and wait for a guide(which I doubt will happen soon esp with the sub-stories)

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 11:42 PM, Akrioz said:

Demo killed all the expectations I had. It was so mediocre it hurts. Well, at least I saved some money. 

Funny i had quite the opposite reaction. My expectations were blown away by the demo and its a buy for me.  I don't unusually buy too many new games.

I am very much looking forward to playing this. I am a mega one piece fan and I dont like most of the games, so this is quite a treat for me.