PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

1 hour ago, Digital-MooseMan said:

Bought Rally Cross on PS3 yesterday, unable to access PS4/PS5 version.

I get this error on PS App.

Purchase Error

You can't buy this product for the following reasons:

You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy.

Rally Cross ™

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Maybe wait a bit longer, I had the same issue (although I got it from PS+ 11 years ago), and after a while, it now showed up as free to purchase on the phone app.

If this doesn't work please contact customer support.

Hi all. Playing Star Wars Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace has been fantastic but I noticed some slow down issues in parts of the game. Mainly on Otoh Gunga (level 3). Many areas of this level, the game plays almost in slow motion. Before entering the main room with Boss Nass, you can take a right passage to a little room and if you move/jump about in here, you can see what it's like. It seems to be the same on both the PS5/PS4 versions, playing on PS5. I gave the PS1 version a go and it just seemed to have crappy frame rate in these same areas, your character didn't get slowed down at all.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:55 PM, andshrew said:
  • Episode 1 specifically seems to have very sensitive analog input. When the stick is in a neutral position, and you move left or right then it's OK. But if you're pushing the stick fully forward (ie. running full speed in the game) and move either left or right then the movement is then extremely sensitive and hard to control (original game was not like this).

I also noticed this, by accident actually. Usually whenever I play PS1 games, I use the D-Pad for movement. I guess because I haven't used it on PS5, I started using the analog controls instead and I knew something was off. Once I got to Otoh Gunga, I remembered about the D-Pad and I've been fine since. I personally prefer holding R1 to run and walking being the default movement speed too. Analog just doesn't go well for me with the platforming in this game.

• Like 1

Just a heads up for anyone trying to play/platinum that Killzone game. I've played it's ps4 version on my ps5 when during the mission 4-1 the game crashed on me, I tried reloading the save and doing the mission once again like 5 more times (I saved right before the place where it crashed on me and also tried playing it from the beginning) and it always ended up with the same results in the same exact place during this mission. I've tried playing it through streaming and on my ps4 too and it crashed just the same. Luckily I found a solution, since i played the game in polish language i tried changing it to fully english (audio and subtitles) and it worked. I don't know if it happens with other languages too, but english works for sure. I hope it will be patched someday but for now changing the language to english for that mission works fine enough. I'll try to play the rest of the game in polish and see if it is possible to beat aside from that one mission then update here.

Edit: I've got a crash while playing one of the 4th chapter challenges. Right after finishing the challenge it crashed before the results screen. beating it in english once again helped. Other than that I don't think there were anymore crashes.

Edited by Alex_Hedgehog
update
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2024 at 7:58 PM, Alex_Hedgehog said:

Just a heads up for anyone trying to play/platinum that Killzone game. I've played it's ps4 version on my ps5 when during the mission 4-1 the game crashed on me, I tried reloading the save and doing the mission once again like 5 more times (I saved right before the place where it crashed on me and also tried playing it from the beginning) and it always ended up with the same results in the same exact place during this mission. I've tried playing it through streaming and on my ps4 too and it crashed just the same. Luckily I found a solution, since i played the game in polish language i tried changing it to fully english (audio and subtitles) and it worked. I don't know if it happens with other languages too, but english works for sure. I hope it will be patched someday but for now changing the language to english for that mission works fine enough. I'll try to play the rest of the game in polish and see if it is possible to beat aside from that one mission then update here.

@jefXfree, I've been sick the past week and was a bit late on moving this one for you. 

This one is from Killzone Liberation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jefXfree said:

I passed all of the above along. But I will note, for this:

• No free upgrade from the PS3/PSP version on American region stores

You'll have to reach out to Customer Support for these issues going forward.
I can try to assist for Sony published titles, but I don't have contacts for Third Party titles.

Thanks again.

I've contacted support and they reluctantly agreed to escalate the issue for someone to investigate, we'll see how that goes in a few days.

Edited by andshrew
  • Like 4

Hi. Half of the trophies in Resistance Retribution is not unlocking when they should. In one story mission trophy will pop for complete it and in other one no and all game like this. Kill 50 enemies not unlocking and use 10 different weapons not unlocking. Will be great if patch will fix all trophy problems like we can go to chapter select and finish missions for trophy that we miss and all should unlock without problem. I am playing on PS4 on English.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Hi. Half of the trophies in Resistance Retribution is not unlocking when they should. In one story mission trophy will pop for complete it and in other one no and all game like this. Kill 50 enemies not unlocking and use 10 different weapons not unlocking. Will be great if patch will fix all trophy problems like we can go to chapter select and finish missions for trophy that we miss and all should unlock without problem. I am playing on PS4 on English.

Can you list the impacted trophy names and your system language please?

Disappointing to hear about the Resistance Trophy issues.

Also Jet Moto 2 (Jet Rider 2 here in Australia) is shown as "Unavailable - You have a conflicting item for this purchase: Jet Rider 2" and I can't download it. Really don't want to have to contact support and sit on the phone for ages to fix this 😅

13 minutes ago, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Disappointing to hear about the Resistance Trophy issues.

Also Jet Moto 2 (Jet Rider 2 here in Australia) is shown as "Unavailable - You have a conflicting item for this purchase: Jet Rider 2" and I can't download it. Really don't want to have to contact support and sit on the phone for ages to fix this 😅

:(

Unfortunately I wont be able to assist.

Customer Service is your best option for this issue.

• Like 1

I need help, resistance retribution keeps crashing after the ending cutscene of ''waterfall chamber" (2-2) right after the big robot boss fight. I tried italian and uk version, with same results. 

53 minutes ago, mayco said:

I need help, resistance retribution keeps crashing after the ending cutscene of ''waterfall chamber" (2-2) right after the big robot boss fight. I tried italian and uk version, with same results. 

Also having this same issue, it's crashed at this spot 3 times in a row for me now.

I'll add another vote on wanting the infected mode added to Resistance: Retribution as what  @Duck_mann86 suggested. 

@jefXfree

But weirdly enough, it looks like it was/is in this release already? Some of the screenshots for the game on the PlayStation Store show the main character with his alternate attire that is only gotten from the infected mode. The mode also adds regenerative health and the HUD changes the health bar to yellow to reflect this. Some of the screenshots show the yellow regenerative health bar too. As far as I know, there is no way to activate infected currently, were we supposed to be able to enable it?

Another thing is apparently the PS3 controller support in the original Resistance: Retribution release had supported rumble vibration. Is it possible to activate this again for this classic release?

Other than that, great job to you and your team on getting this game on current PlayStation systems and I'm thankful people remembered and supported adding the PS3 controls back. It makes the game feels so much better to control.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jefXfree said:

Can you list the impacted trophy names and your system language please?

You can check my trophy list on this game. I finished game and only half of the story mission trophies unlocked. Don’t know what to do now,I tried replay chapter and trophy still not pop. Also 50 enemy kills not popped for me and I am finished game.

System language Russian , game on English 

7 hours ago, jefXfree said:

:(

Unfortunately I wont be able to assist.

Customer Service is your best option for this issue.

Well... So much for Support fixing the issue for me 😑 The woman I talked to was AMAZING, but then this 🤷‍♂️

"Thank you for contacting PlayStation Support regarding Jet Rider 2.

The Jet Rider 2 is available free in the games catalogue to Deluxe PlayStation Plus Subscription users.

I can see on your account you have the Essential Subscription and this may be reason you are.not able to purchase it via games catalogue

Below is a link which highlights the Deluxe Subscription needs to be subscribed to in order to receive this game via catalogue."

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spraragen88 said:

[JET MOTO 2]

Should have gotten trophies for winning both types of custom circuits and a single track race. 

I got every other trophy though. (PS5 version)

Did you do at least three races in the custom circuit/rally events in each? Did you use Enigma, because per others Enigma voids those specific trophies.

Resistance Retribution keeps crashing at the same spot for me. EU English if that matters, PS5. At the end of the chapter I believe "Waterfall Chamber" which should unlock Stay With Me, you defeat a robot boss and he goes down an elevator in a cutscene. Crashes the app to the report error screen, three attempts all the same.

Edit: just now seeing others report the same. Sorry for redundancy!

Edited by brentmorrow88