PlayStation Classics Issues

jefXfree
Message added by BlindMango,

Please be courteous & understanding when giving feedback for PlayStation Classics. It takes time to process the feedback you give and some fixes may take longer to sort out than others. Please avoid requests for new games and trophy lists as this thread is purely for feedback on existing games.

If you report a bug, please provide the following

• PSP: System Language
  • PS1: NTSC or PAL -- If PAL, which system language (NTSC is the default)

If you have an issue related to receiving the free upgrade for a previously purchased game, please contact PlayStation customer support.

[MOVED FROM JET MOTO Trophy Thoughts list]

I wanted to add to the discussion with my experience with the jet motor racer trophy. For a while, it was not popping for me, even though I had for sure gone past AT LEAST 15 races. A comment on YouTube said that theirs didn't pop until they set the settings to three laps and Intermediate difficulty (Or whatever the difficulty above easy is).

I did the same, and sure enough one race down, and the 15 races trophy popped. Another 15, and the 30 races trophy pops. So there may be something to that.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Merged
  • Like 3

On 11/21/2023 at 11:49 AM, Bob6605804 said:

I own Jet Moto on PS3 and can confirm that it is redeemable on PS4/5 for free.

I can also confirm that if you try to buy Twisted Metal on PS3, Sony will take your money and give you nothing.  😑

Region is US, by the way.

😑

Sorry to hear this.

For this issue, you'd have to contact Sony/PlayStation customer support.

It's a bit outside my team.

Is anyone else having issues with Kurushi Final?

I can't get the game to start Survival mode, I only get a black screen after confirming. Tried different parameters or characters, but always the same result. It sometimes even crashes the game.

I'm playing the PS5 NA version 1.000.002.

EDIT: Changing the console language to English solved the issue, so it's apparently a language/region issue?

Edited by leandrorhcp
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 5:24 PM, leandrorhcp said:

I can't get the game to start Survival mode, I only get a black screen after confirming. Tried different parameters or characters, but always the same result. It sometimes even crashes the game.

EDIT: Changing the console language to English solved the issue, so it's apparently a language/region issue?

What language was your console set to when it was crashing? When playing PAL games (which Kurushi Final is even in NA) it will automatically load the original localised version of the game depending on your system language - if one exists for your language (usually English, French, German, Italian, Spanish). Otherwise it defaults to English I believe.

Edited by andshrew

3 hours ago, andshrew said:

What language was your console set to when it was crashing? When playing PAL games (which Kurushi Final is even in NA) it will automatically load the original localised version of the game depending on your system language - if one exists for your language (usually English, French, German, Italian, Spanish). Otherwise it defaults to English I believe.

Latin American Spanish, so yes, I was getting the Spanish version of the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxManyGxX said:

Hello, I'm in chapter 4.1 and I'm almost at the end of the level and when I get to the area where I have to get the card, I always get an application error.

[Merged from Killzone Liberation forum]

Which SKU and language are you playing?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 12:24 PM, leandrorhcp said:

This was happening to me when I played the PS4 version on a PS5. My console language was already in English, so I'm not sure that just having your game in the english language will work. My workaround was just to play it on a PS4 console instead, which stopped the crashing in survival mode.

Hi, am writing to inform that i had trouble unlocking the 30 wins trophy on jet rider ps4 version, i had to do 30 races 3 times 1st time i had a break inbetween races, 2nd time in 1 sitting done extra races aswel but no trophy, then few days later i done another 1 sitting then it unlocked. Just some info on this game, Merry Christmas everyone 🎅

I didn't know about this thread!

As I said on another thread, I purchased Twisted Metal on the VITA's built-in store, and it didn't give me a PS4/PS5 upgrade.

Even worse, it made me unable to add the PS4/PS5 version of the game to the cart, either via PS4, PS5, PS App or the website, returning an error.

I had to open a live chat with Sony's support, which refunded me for the game.

The person said that they were looking for an definitive list of games eligible to upgrade from the old store to the new store, which they never gave me.

I could test with Twisted Metal 2, however the game's page has no "Purchase" button or even a price. This bug is very old.

Is there a "definitive" list (for each region), in this sense, or just trial and error?

By the way, Ape Escape 2 and The Warriors are still a mess when running on the PS5. 

Edited by Razzee-P
Downcase

30 minutes ago, Razzee-P said:

As I said on another thread, I purchased Twisted Metal on the VITA's built-in store, and it didn't give me a PS4/PS5 upgrade.

Even worse, it made me unable to add the PS4/PS5 version of the game to the cart, either via PS4, PS5, PS App or the website, returning an error.

The person said that they were looking for an definitive list of games eligible to upgrade from the old store to the new store, which they never gave me.

I could test with Twisted Metal 2, however the game's page has no "Purchase" button or even a price. This bug is very old.

Is there a "definitive" list (for each region), in this sense, or just trial and error?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it’s-been-160-days-since-sony-announced-ntsc-ps1-classics-for-european-regions.638988/

Afaik some US games behave oddly. Mostly works fine for titles bought from the EU store. 

I can personally confirm the following titles to be cross-buy enabled (PS3, EU store):

Cross-buy PS5:

PSONE Classics
[v] Syphon Filter
[  ] Syphon Filter 2 (not in EU store, US+UK only?)
[v] Syphon Filter 3
[v] Wild Arms
[  ] Wild Arms 2 (US only?)
[  ] Kurushi (not on PS3 at all?)
[v] Kurushi final
[v] Twisted metal
[  ] Twisted metal 2 (US only?)
[v] Jumping flash
[v] Jet rider (jet moto)
[v] Jet rider 2 (jet moto 2)
[  ] Legend of Dragoon (US only?)
[v] Resident Evil: Director's Cut (no NTSC option)

PSP
[v] Ape Escape (P/On the Loose)
[v] echoshift (several DLCs... Cave, deserty ocean, pyramid etc. included in ps4/5 version!)
[  ] Echochrome (semi-port; same? Trophies, different levels!) (EU name: "echochrome micro")
[v] Syphon filter dark mirror
[v] Syphon filter logans shadow
[v] Killzone Liberation
[v] Super stardust portable (all DLCs included on PS4/5)
[v] No heroes allowed?
[v] MediEvil Resurrection
[v] Pursuit force
[v] Pursuit force: extreme justice

Checkmarks ([v]) indicate that I bought the game in question. It's just my notes app being weird. From what research I did the rest should be cross buy, too. Except for Kurushi which isn't being sold on PS3. 

Edited by Cashaddi

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/22/2023 at 6:13 AM, Razzee-P said:

By the way, Ape Escape 2 and The Warriors are still a mess when running on the PS5. 

Hey. 

Sorry for the delay, holidays and all. :)

This is a list you'd have to get from Custom Service.

I don't work directly with the store team.

==============================

On 12/24/2023 at 7:15 PM, Vader0629 said:

Please consider adding the "Enable Right Stick Remap" option to Thrillville and Thrillville: Off the Rails. Both games have first-person shooter minigames that by default use x/circle/triangle/square to move the camera.

Passed along. :)

Edited by jefXfree
  • Like 4

Hey,

Thanks for passing along all the above.

For the PS3 store, you'll have to contact customer support for those requests, my team doesn't deal directly with the PS3, PS3 store.

I'll pass along the note about the German store.

I'll also pass along all the other notes about the games themselves. :)

• Like 3

Bought Rally Cross on PS3 yesterday, unable to access PS4/PS5 version.

I get this error on PS App.

Purchase Error

You can't buy this product for the following reasons:

You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy.

Rally Cross ™

6 minutes ago, Digital-MooseMan said:

Bought Rally Cross on PS3 yesterday, unable to access PS4/PS5 version.

I get this error on PS App.

Purchase Error

You can't buy this product for the following reasons:

You already own the following products, which conflict with the product you're trying to buy.

Rally Cross ™

Maybe wait a bit longer, I had the same issue (although I got it from PS+ 11 years ago), and after a while, it now showed up as free to purchase on the phone app.