PS5 and PSVR 2 version coming February 22

MidnightDragon

6 hours ago, DarkTwilight999 said:

YESSSS.

Time to get a 2nd platinum for this game. Getting SS on everything was a brutal challenge. Grinding out the spins and avatar skins really killed me the most though, so I'm kinda hoping we can carry our save files forward too lol.

The thought of grinding out all those spins again puts me off way more than having to SS everything lol

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mind paying $10 for the upgrade, and I'm glad the game gets a PSVR2 version at all. After the Series X got a next-gen update and the PS5 didn't, and then nothing happened for a year, I had given up hope for a PS5 version.

I'll probably never get the plat for this game (not good enough for SS in every mode), but I'm still enjoying it, and looking forward to experiencing it in PSVR2.

I do wonder if the trophy list carries over, but probably not.

3 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

@Weblaus seem to have autopopped the trophies he already achieved on PS4 in some seconds, so I would assume you can carry over your save / autopop ?

No!  I really hope not!  I hate autopop for myself!  I don't mind others getting them, but I don't want mine to autopop!

Edit:  Ugh, yeah, definitely looks like it has auto-pop....

Edited by FFATMA

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 2:42 PM, psycho_clank314 said:

From the Tetris Effect Support & FAQ Website, "Owners of the PlayStation 4 version of the game will be able to upgrade to the PS5 version for US $9.99."

No thanks.

I was a little disappointed in this too but shelled out the $. I had it for PS4 and played it in 2D originally - really enjoying it...Then I had it for Quest 2 as I never got the original PS VR and was absolutely blown away. Now that I sold my Quest 2 and got PSVR 2 I'll have to pay that $10.00. 

Of all the VR games I've played Tetris Effect is my favorite and I will come back to it time and time again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm that you can import a completed save at any point?

I have the platinum on PS4 and didn’t want to go through the pain again, so I haven’t played it yet despite owning the upgrade.

However I do want to try and do it legit for a second time, safe in the knowledge that when I get to the really grindy ones I can then import my old save and auto-pop them. Am I wrong in any of those assumptions?

Has anyone done the process after already earning a few trophies the slow way?

1 hour ago, Darwock-UK said:

Can anyone confirm that you can import a completed save at any point?

I have the platinum on PS4 and didn’t want to go through the pain again, so I haven’t played it yet despite owning the upgrade.

However I do want to try and do it legit for a second time, safe in the knowledge that when I get to the really grindy ones I can then import my old save and auto-pop them. Am I wrong in any of those assumptions?

Has anyone done the process after already earning a few trophies the slow way?

If I'm reading this topic corrrectly, then yes it should be possible.

Autopop info - Tetris Effect - PSNProfiles

Edit: Sorry, I noticed you were already on that topic. Nevermind lol!

Edited by Treilio