And so it begins

Pelziowo

3 hours ago, Pelziowo said:

Any titles imparticular people are excited for/recommend?

Cant wait to replay/play TWD Saints and Sinners 1 and 2. First game was a joy to play even in the PSVR1 so cannot wait to do that again with the upcoming set. Also very excited to see what the Resident Evil 4 Remakes VR addition is gonna be. Resi 4's VR port on the quest was awesome so im looking forward to see what Capcom does with the remake!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BlindMango said:

First PSVR2 trophy list! I knew they'd start to flow in, but this one is pretty early!

Will we not be getting a “VR2” tag for the site? While it seems fine for the normal VR tag to be used in isolation, when sorting games by platform the two will be mixed together which could be an issue. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pelziowo said:

Still a few weeks until the PSVR 2 comes out. But it's gonna be interesting seeing trophy lists like this start to drop.

Any titles imparticular people are excited for/recommend?

Resident Evil 8, Gran Turismo 7 luckily I still Need Platinum for both Games. Beat Saber that comes later ( never played it ) . Thumper i Heard get a psvr2 Version, too. Was one of my best VR games. Would love to make Platinum again. Of Course TWD SaS, the New Game of the job/vacation simulator developers, Horizon , and the Horror rollercoster game like Until Dawn Rush of Blood (forgot the Name) . ONLY 3 WEEKS

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Will we not be getting a “VR2” tag for the site? While it seems fine for the normal VR tag to be used in isolation, when sorting games by platform the two will be mixed together which could be an issue. 

I theorized this a while ago, but "PS5, VR" is enough information for the consumer to know that a PSVR2 is required. This keeps the VR leaderboard the same way it is now. I'm okay with it.

24 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I theorized this a while ago, but "PS5, VR" is enough information for the consumer to know that a PSVR2 is required. This keeps the VR leaderboard the same way it is now. I'm okay with it.

Yeah but if I want to see all games available for PS VR2, I’d have to sift through all PS VR games to do so as there’d only be the one sorting option. 

34 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

I know Psnprofiles leadership values simplicity over anything ,but like PSVR1 and PSVR2 are 2 different things.

Tag it as it is, over simplifying makes it more complicated IMO.

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

I know Psnprofiles leadership values simplicity over anything ,but like PSVR1 and PSVR2 are 2 different things.

Tag it as it is, over simplifying makes it more complicated IMO.

No one (staff) on PSNProfiles tagged this (PS5, VR vs PS5, VR2) - it came in this way based off the data from PS Store. Mods just added the VR tag. 

IF any mods do change it, all PSVR2 games will have to be manually changed . . . and that's beyond any knowledge I have, if they are discussing it. If they are discussing a PSVR2 tag, then they'd also have to discuss a new leaderboard for PSVR2, then a leaderboard for ALL PSVR. The way it came in is much less work. 

Edited by MikeCheck--

16 hours ago, VeldinX said:

We thought about it, however because PS4 & VR together is PSVR1 and PS5 & VR together is PSVR2, we decided to keep it simple. There's other things like having a unified VR leaderboard and things like that as well. The tag also was never really to label the name of the VR headset/accessory, but simply just to tag that it is a VR game. Basically what @MikeCheck-- said

7 hours ago, Conrad20 said:

The game is spelt wrong on the site lol

Fixed!

3 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

No one (staff) on PSNProfiles tagged this - it came in this way based off the data from PS Store. 

IF any mods do change it, all PSVR2 games will have to be manually changed . . . and that's beyond any knowledge I have, if they are discussing it. If they are discussing a PSVR2 tag, then they'd also have to discuss a new leaderboard for PSVR2, then a leaderboard for ALL PSVR. The way it came in is much less work. 

While PS3, PS4, PS5, & Vita console tags do come in automatically, we do manually tag all the VR games here on the site

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

No one (staff) on PSNProfiles tagged this - it came in this way based off the data from PS Store. 

Yea, Sony doesnt consider VR to be a console so it isnt tagged as such on the trophy lists either.
Psnp people add the VR as a console tag to keep it simple.

13 hours ago, BlindMango said:

We thought about it, however because PS4 & VR together is PSVR1 and PS5 & VR together is PSVR2, we decided to keep it simple. There's other things like having a unified VR leaderboard and things like that as well. The tag also was never really to label the name of the VR headset/accessory, but simply just to tag that it is a VR game. Basically what @MikeCheck-- said

we do manually tag all the VR games here on the site

Yes, I am definitely aware of this - and have made use of the "Update a Trophy List" thread dozens of times. I like the PS5, VR - it's less work for staff, simple and keeps the leaderboards the same. If the staff had to make a new leaderboard, and tag everything it would be just too much.

17 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yeah but if I want to see all games available for PS VR2, I’d have to sift through all PS VR games to do so as there’d only be the one sorting option. 

You can sort by "most recent" under the VR tag, and see that all with the tag of (PS5, VR) are PSVR2 games :)

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:07 PM, BlindMango said:

The current tagging system is perfect, but it would certainly be helpful to add a platform filter for PS VR2. The current VR filter seems to just check for the "VR" tag, but I imagine it wouldn't be hard to also check whether it's a PS4/PS5 game and return results accordingly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/02/2023 at 2:07 AM, BlindMango said:

Fixed!

While PS3, PS4, PS5, & Vita console tags do come in automatically, we do manually tag all the VR games here on the site

I'm fine with this tagging system and like the idea of a global VR leaderboard. However I'm just curious if it would be possible to have VR1 and VR2 as some kind of secondary leaderboards on top of that, and if you actually considered it ? It just feels weird that VR2 wouldn't have its own board, especially as VR1 and VR2 are two completely separate systems without any cross compatibility.

Also, people getting started on VR with this generation and actually interested in their rank would be at a massive disadvantage.

Edited by JeManquedHygiene