Terror Zones comming offline Patch 2.6

Mizdig_

13 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Can anyone provide any insight on how this affects the time required to reach level 99? Do terror zones provide faster leveling than Diablo Clone and/or Ubers, or are they just less boring/repetitive?

Not sure, but from what I understood, Terror Zones are more efficient than Baal runs, but only if you go after packs of enemies + the item drop is better which means you become more efficient in the long run. You might get a Terror Zone that has dispersed enemies and in that case Baal run might be more efficient (still need to get to the game and try it myself)

There's also an interesting thread about this exact topic that I found :D of course, Baal runs are safer and more "automatic" so to speak xD 

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/exp-baal-runs-vs-tz/144396/8

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

There's also an interesting thread about this exact topic that I found :D of course, Baal runs are safer and more "automatic" so to speak xD 

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/exp-baal-runs-vs-tz/144396/8

Interesting quote from that thread: "lvl 98 most TZ are going to be ~25 times faster then baal"

Pretty big deal if this is true. This seems to suggest that all enemies in a TZ continue giving XP all the way up the level 98, which would be a huge time-saver on the level 99 grind. Previously I think Diablo, DCLone, Baal, Nihlathak, and the Ubers were the only enemies still giving XP at level 98.

While i have finished it only once, i love the post-launch support for this game. I also love that now there's virtually the same content between online and offline.

Now the only missing thing that i need is M+K support on console. One can dream xD

Edited by Lance_87

5 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Can anyone provide any insight on how this affects the time required to reach level 99? Do terror zones provide faster leveling than Diablo Clone and/or Ubers, or are they just less boring/repetitive?

heres a brief explanation of terror zones when they first released with patch 2.5

11 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

heres a brief explanation of terror zones when they first released with patch 2.5

Holy crap, all enemies in a Terror Zone are level 96 or higher. So now regular enemies will still give XP all the way up to level 99, without running into the XP cap like you do when killing Diablo and Baal.

As long as your character is strong enough to survive a Terror Zone on /players8, this will *drastically* reduce the time needed to reach level 99. It won't make much of a difference up until level 93 or so, but after that it just gets better and better. For example, going from level 98 to level 99 used to take somewhere in the ballpark of 70 - 110 hours (depending on the exact farming method, /players1 versus /players 3 etc)... with /players8 Terror Zones it'll be more like 20 hours.

This will be great. Solo terror zones at P8 is what I've been waiting for.

IMO what makes Terror Zones great is you don't need to be geared up, just need to survive. Obviously the faster you kill the better, but it's not so dependent on soul crushing item farming lol

Edited by ThatDrunkGuy

31 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Holy crap, all enemies in a Terror Zone are level 96 or higher. So now regular enemies will still give XP all the way up to level 99, without running into the XP cap like you do when killing Diablo and Baal.

As long as your character is strong enough to survive a Terror Zone on /players8, this will *drastically* reduce the time needed to reach level 99. It won't make much of a difference up until level 93 or so, but after that it just gets better and better. For example, going from level 98 to level 99 used to take somewhere in the ballpark of 70 - 110 hours (depending on the exact farming method, /players1 versus /players 3 etc)... with /players8 Terror Zones it'll be more like 20 hours.

Yeah so basically every individual monster in a terrorized zone is like getting non terrorized baal xp, get a dense area of 50 terrorized monsters and its like you just killed baal 50times, give or take, just a rough estimate

im going stop focusing on my HC 97.5 hammerdin until the patch release when i can get the magic immune sunder charm (because without it wave 2 in baals throne room is almost impossible so its just countless chaos runs until then) and in the meantime start up some of my other character classes since i still have 5 other classes to get through the game with

Edited by Property_Damage

With my highest hardcore character being a decked out lvl 97.5 hammerdin

my average chaos sanctuary players 8 run would net me around 100k xp with a perfect anni sc

now with 1 terrorized zone i literally just got 2 million xp in a single run (granted it was a double zone of rocky waste and stony tomb)

3 runs i got a Lo rune and 2 sunder charms and about 6million xp, drops increased, xp increased, i love it!

16 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

With my highest hardcore character being a decked out lvl 97.5 hammerdin

my average chaos sanctuary players 8 run would net me around 100k xp with a perfect anni sc

now with 1 terrorized zone i literally just got 2 million xp in a single run (granted it was a double zone of rocky waste and stony tomb)

3 runs i got a Lo rune and 2 sunder charms and about 6million xp, drops increased, xp increased, i love it!

This is so cool, love it. Can i just ask, assuming you're offline, how did you get the stone of jordan for Uber-diablo?

Edited by Sturmhauser

7 minutes ago, Sturmhauser said:

This is so cool, love it. Can i just ask, assuming you're offline, how did you get the stone of jordan for Uber-diablo?

Yes im offline, i had to go online to download the update obviously but to answer your question, I farmed out Andariel as soon as i made an enigma to acquire an Soj and duped it to the high heavens, 18 uber diablo fights later got me a 20-20-10 (perfect) anni

Yup, in just a few hours my non-decked out Paladin gained a few levels up to 90 and found about 7 sunder charms. I was playing an online barb, but this is much faster with P8.

Just a heads up to everyone. I just heard you can possibly change the system clock to keep farming your favorite TZ(works on PC, but I haven't tested myself on PS). That's gonna be huge, I wonder if that could be patched.

• 1 year later...