With this game coming to PS+

Elistio

Prob the worse Battlefield I played personally.... but in regards to the platinum the hazard zone one might be annoying and grindy, try to get a squad for that for sure! There is a grind for T1 Mastery as well for the weapons, equipment and vehicles. Game took me 150 hours to plat.

As far as I know now that I look back at it, the game still has its fun moments but its debatable if you want to spend 100+ hours for a plat.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

Prob the worse Battlefield I played personally.... but in regards to the platinum the hazard zone one might be annoying and grindy, try to get a squad for that for sure! There is a grind for T1 Mastery as well for the weapons, equipment and vehicles. Game took me 150 hours to plat.

As far as I know now that I look back at it, the game still has its fun moments but its debatable if you want to spend 100+ hours for a plat.

Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

worth a try tbh. it's not the greatest battlefield however after a year of constant patches (been playing since pre-season) the game does run smoothly with almost no crashes. Plat itself isn't hard of you enjoy playing the game and will take something around 80h legit (boosting/official portal experiences with bots will cut most of this to 20/30h) and HZ trophies are glitched but obtainable (may need to do the requirements more than once. Also, don't bother with PC players, most of them don't play a thing lol

• Like 4

Been playing this since release and think it’s great.  It the best BF game, but it has certainly improved over the patches - maps redesigned, better graphics, smoother gameplay. I think the trophies are quite hard to get in normal play but I believe can be done offline against bots. I can’t be bothered to do that so play mostly for fun.

With it on PS+ now I’ve gone and traded in my disc copy for this version. 

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm what major changes have happened to Hazard Zone since the game came out? I noticed the binoculars have been removed that show where the packs are on the map. Also what's this second chance thing about? Possibly making the game harder to extract overall?

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

Can anyone confirm what major changes have happened to Hazard Zone since the game came out? I noticed the binoculars have been removed that show where the packs are on the map. Also what's this second chance thing about? Possibly making the game harder to extract overall?

not much tbh, you just need to be aware of squad using it so you don't get killed from the back. the best advice i could give about the second chance it to hunt the squad down after theyve used it.

I was expecting a bad and broken product but I had a lucky strike. Gameplay runs smooth, great graphics and since it's up on plus Hazard zone servers are full. Don't miss the chance, no need boost. Play for fun, focus on the extractions and you'll eventually get it done.

• Like 2

Taking a piggyback ride on OP question, are there any Battlefield game or any other war themed FPS without MP or online trophies? I loved Medal of Honor back in the day, but now most are MP oriented.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

5 hours ago, willmill97 said:

i really only noticed the binocular difference. when your squad dies they have a second chance to all come back. it seems ALOT harder and again at the same time purely based on luck. i havent played in months since ps4 plat and played yesterday it took me 5 hours to get a win. the game really should have 3 extractions but whatever. 5 hours and no wins, then got 4 in a row and that was enough to autopop my hazard trophies and delete the game. hazard on ps5 seems alot harder then ps4 maybe because of more players. you need 16 to start. and then im still not sure if the rest of the game fills with ai or what. before on ps4 if you didnt have enough to start then youd play against AI. it seems like most of our wins came when the server had mostly AI because they dont do cheap shyt when your inside the plane. also if you play in the a.m. its dead (only 1-3 players), my time anyways, but during the day 16 would join to make it enough to start. as for the regular game im not sure it was kind of confusing to replay it i hurried up and autopopped most things with bots. the game overall is a grind. im not sure if you can still do the tank battles to grind out the T1 for the vehicle trophy, but i did it legit on ps4 and it took like a month it was awful. you do get into a groove of liking the game but the guns are shit, the maps are huge and you cant hit anyone from far away especially with bullet lag. its the same you die with one hit and you hit their marker constantly and nothing. do half of everything with bots on easy until the bot progression wont let you advance anymore then play the rest against human games. good luck flying, youll hit the ground before you know it

41 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

are there any Battlefield game or any other war themed FPS without MP or online trophies?

All Battlefield games (4, Hardline, One, V) have multiplayer trophies.

But the Battlefield 1 online trophies are easy (I'm only talking about the Platinum, DLC trophies are a very different story) and the multiplayer is very fun, cinematic and visually impressive. I would recommend trying it.

L3851fb.png

The two Modern Warfare remasters and the first remake are really fun and have single-player platinums.

Lae1292.png

L718e57.png

L0cf211.png

Edited by LastMinuteSavior
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, wolvieware said:

Been playing this since release and think it’s great.  It the best BF game, but it has certainly improved over the patches - maps redesigned, better graphics, smoother gameplay. I think the trophies are quite hard to get in normal play but I believe can be done offline against bots. I can’t be bothered to do that so play mostly for fun.

With it on PS+ now I’ve gone and traded in my disc copy for this version. 

It has almost no destruction. How can this be better than BF 1, BF V or BF 3/4?

Im asking seriously, what do you find so good at it? From my point of view, the whole charm of BF was destruction and levolution.

2 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

All Battlefield games (4, Hardline, One, V) have multiplayer trophies.

But the Battlefield 1 online trophies are easy (I'm only talking about the Platinum, DLC trophies are a very different story) and the multiplayer is very fun, cinematic and visually impressive. I would recommend trying it.

L3851fb.png

The two Modern Warfare remasters and the first remake are really fun and have single-player platinums.

Lae1292.png

L718e57.png

L0cf211.png

Thanks mate, I had no idea these existed gonna put them in my wishlist, I really suck at these modern FPS games, I love the classics such as Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake and Hexen etc...

Really wish they would port Hexen it was so unique and fun, thanks again.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2023 at 5:41 PM, AtotheMtotheZ said:

It has almost no destruction. How can this be better than BF 1, BF V or BF 3/4?

Im asking seriously, what do you find so good at it? From my point of view, the whole charm of BF was destruction and levolution.

I just really enjoy it. I think the maps are great and have been improved. The large number of players, and going from large vehicle based action, to right indoors shooting all in the same match. Sometimes you can get a great vantage point and see the whole battle going on around you, I really do think it’s great fun. There is less destruction I agree, but not really something that bothers me to be fair. 

I've really enjoyed most of the BF games you mention, not played 1 though. But played BFV as a warm up to this game before release and did enjoy it, but those older games just seem smaller, with less focus points. I’m not saying they are bad, just I think that’s the difference to me really enjoying 2042. Not massive keen on the WW stuff either though, so preferred BF4 previously. 

Also, I’m no expert at these games either and not very good! My KD ratio is shocking, so I honestly just play for the fun of it, and having a good time with mates online. 

5 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Is BF2042 doable solo? I just want to play on my own without the need of boosting sessions because of a hard challenge or something.

Thank you!

depending on your region, definitely (because of HZ/Some are dead basically; NA and EU excluded). you'll have a bad time doing extracts with randoms so i recommend at least getting a full squad to do those. the rest is pretty easy, just a little grindy.

Edited by mecanicwars_
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 11:02 AM, Sunnyburrito said:

Thanks mate, I had no idea these existed gonna put them in my wishlist, I really suck at these modern FPS games, I love the classics such as Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake and Hexen etc...

Really wish they would port Hexen it was so unique and fun, thanks again.

You should give Prodeus a try if you haven't already!

40 minutes ago, rdhight said:

You should give Prodeus a try if you haven't already!

I have never heard of this game until now, looks really awesome, like a mix between classic Doom and modern FPS I'll add to my wishlist, thanks a lot for telling me about it.

• Like 1

On 13.3.2023 at 7:01 PM, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I cannot believe people actually still play with Crossplay on. Guess I'm just getting as many trophies as I can in bots and quitting this lol

Me neither. Crossplay is the first thing I turned off before even entering any game.

41 minutes ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Essentially it comes down to PC having a huge advantage. Crossplay wouldn’t be bad between consoles though but this game does not have that (unlike some of the other MP games).

what's the arguments for this? 90% of PC players don't play shit lol (+ Aim Assist is just a legal lock on)

• Like 1

@Dangisuckatgamin I haven't played BF2042 yet, so I really can't judge, and was wondering if you had any specific complaints.

Do you even know if console players are matched with keyboard and mouse PC players, and not only those using a controller? I tried googling it but couldn't find any specifics on how crossplay matchmaking works.

I play Apex Legends (Respawn/EA) regularly with crossplay on and never had any issues. And Apex is a way more competitive and skill based game.

Even if Battlefield's balancing isn't as good, does it really matter that much? It's a casual team based shooter with quick respawns where personal performance shouldn't matter. Just play the objective and stay away from that one opponent who's on a never-ending killstreak.

• Like 1