Server Shutdown in June 15th

Ghost-Zeus514

31 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea that would be nice but highly doubtful. Was gonna start last week but weather got hot and I'm not using multiple consoles at same time, room be like sauna lol. Oh well. 

Not very productive auto boosting when it comes to this game.

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

I can't even remember how this game works, is it one of those where you need active players? 

Yeah idling won’t do anything as it’s a 4 player coop shooter

you can solo the maps if you’re decent enough but a team makes it far easier

Not to mention some trophies tied to being in a syndicate with people

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Yeah idling won’t do anything as it’s a 4 player coop shooter

you can solo the maps if you’re decent enough but a team makes it far easier

Not to mention some trophies tied to being in a syndicate with people

Unless you are level 30 you will struggle to solo anything. 

The shield and dart combo with a maxed shotgun and backfire is essential. 

Even now and players have reached CEO today and will soon. Awesome awesome!

There are many reasons to dislike EA and the big 3 publishers- EA has the better side of things when it comes to server closures. Syndicate sales should have had this game offline within the first year.

Anyone always hear a child’s voice when it’s the same complaining language over and over? Just saying. It follows every game of theirs.

• Like 3

Well… I just turned off the PS3 now and I’ve been helping other players with the co-op mode all day.

Today is Monday, June 19, 2023 at 23:25 UTC+2 and I confirm that the servers still run perfectly.

Just hurry up if you still have something to finish the online trophies, because the closure can happen at any time…

• Like 2

The servers are officially down. There is the single player for those who did the coop trophies and those who are interested in playing the single player, but the platinum is now unobtainable. Any who puts the game onto their trophy list will only be able to earn the offline stuff from now on. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Desavenencia said:Finally, Matt!! Good news here! (=

Today I was helping Demon to get everything he was missing and he already has 100% of the cooperative mode.

Fortunately, EA didn’t close the servers on the scheduled date of June 15, since as of June 19 the servers are still open and working perfectly.

☆☆

As for the bad reputation of EA in general terms... although it’s true that they have always done many questionable things, Mirror’s Edge and Syndicate are two of my favourite games from the PS3 catalog.

I continue to play solo private games in expert difficulty throughout the nine missions and it never bores me. And when I want to change the pace, I join public games and help all kinds of players.

As you and I have already talked about, the Syndicate multiplayer reminds me of my good times helping hundreds of players in the cooperative modes of Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

A real shame that Syndicate ceases to exist forever as soon as the servers are closed, but I will always remember it with affection.

Awesome news for Demon! I forgot to message you earlier about his progress - the Wall on the co-op menus mentioned you two were playing a lot the past two days. What a success story and thank you for being the man with the help 8))

I helped a little in public games. Often players kicked me. So sad 8(

Thats great again to hear how much you loved Sybdicate! <3 I’m still surprised so many people get over the freezes and issues the game has and still speak highly of it. Not many games can pull that off.

hopefully we can enjoy another co-op game together as much. When there is a game like that, trophies take a backseat hehe

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MATTKBAN said:

Awesome news for Demon! I forgot to message you earlier about his progress - the Wall on the co-op menus mentioned you two were playing a lot the past two days. What a success story and thank you for being the man with the help 8))

I helped a little in public games. Often players kicked me. So sad 8(

Thats great again to hear how much you loved Sybdicate! <3 I’m still surprised so many people get over the freezes and issues the game has and still speak highly of it. Not many games can pull that off.

hopefully we can enjoy another co-op game together as much. When there is a game like that, trophies take a backseat hehe

It has been a real pleasure for me to help so many people in Syndicate. An excellent cooperative mode to which I have had the privilege of being able to play and take with me very good times, friendships and memories. Yours between them, Matt! =)

And, as I already said minutes ago in your dedicated Discord server:

What a bad thing to start the day… ?

I would have liked to do one last pass through New England, my —Mirror’s Edge like— favourite mission. Running, sliding, executing and shooting frenetically…

At least I am relieved to know that yesterday I was playing all day until late at night. I’m going to miss this game a lot... as well as Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, Killzone 2, Ace Combat Infinity… and a few more games of which I keep very good memories playing online.

☆☆☆
Rest in peace, Syndicate.
February 21, 2012 - June 20, 2023

As you say in the last paragraph of your comment, hopefully we will meet again in another cooperative mode that is, at least, a tenth of how good Syndicate was.

I’ll be starting the single player in Binary Domain this morning, to try to fill the gap that Syndicate has left... So, if you feel like it, we can soon experience the cooperative mode in Binary Domain together for the first time, Matt! :highfive:

Edited by Desavenencia
BB Code issues… as usual writing from the phone…
  • Like 1