Time for another KYC - 20th edition

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Next up: Game #4: Disco Elysium

My completion should take a really big hit in the next few days. My wife has got me starting Hogwarts Legacy (she’s been playing on PS5 since launch) because our secondary PS4 is downstairs so she wants to keep playing on my profile while I’m on the PS5 playing Disco Elysium so I’ll end up playing alongside so I can slowly recover my completion rate. I was going to get around to it eventually, so I’ll play a bit tonight and then bit n piece it once I move back down here. Neither one is really a quick plat so my CR will take a bigger hit than usual. If I play it enough, maybe I’ll throw a review here but I’m not planning to settle into it really until this event is over.

I will say this about Disco Elysium, when playing the game and doing skill checks, don't worry when they fail. There is so much fun and wacky dialogue in this game, just try doing what you think would be funniest and you'll be surprised by the outcome.

I really hope you enjoy it.

As a side note, my TV is currently busted so I have no idea when I will get to my next games. When I do, I'll post them if I can.

Edited by Psy-Tychist
  • Like 1

Game #6 - Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - Preview

L90f146.png

Developer: Mercury Steam

Publisher: Konami

Genre: Hack & Slash

I've played a bit of the first game and I did not like it. The combat was stiff and visually it looked on par with the first ever released God of War. I hope the second one improves on all those aspects.

The only other Castlevania game I played was Mirror of Shadows, which I actually enjoyed.

We'll see how this one turns outm but I'm not optimistic.

• Like 2

Game #7 - Mass Effect Andromeda - Preview

Lb32b8c.png

Developer: Bioware

Publisher: Electronic Arts

Genre: Action-RPG

Price: 19,99

While this game got butchered by critics on release partly due to terrible facial animations, I remain hopeful that a lot of bugs and the likes have by now been fixed.

It's a series I really enjoyed, having played all 3 prior entries. I'm also a Bioware fan, even though that team kind of fell apart over the years.

This is one of those game that is going to be somewhat of a time sink, and I hope that I still have the patience to push this one through until the end (at least at some point).

PS - Did another swap X-Com Enemy Within got replaced by Forpsoken ?.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

So, for just the second time in KYC history, I abandoned a game, 

I will never come back to this. The gameplay is just not for me. 

Thankfully you didn't earn any trophies so you can delete the profile off your account.

• Like 1

Game #8 - Beyond a Steel Sky - Preview

Lecd2f9.png

Developer: Revolution Software

Publisher: Microids

Genre: Adventure

Price: 39,99 (PS4 version only - Physical PS4 version includes both versions)

This game is brought to us, by the makers of the Broken Sword series. Apparently Beyond a Steel Sky is a sequel to Beneath a Steel Sky (which I've never played). I had never heard of that game to be fair, even though I've played a lot of point-and-click games in my time. I'm not entirely sure, whether this one also falls into that category, or if it's more of an exploration adventure game.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

So I think now; that I will exchange game number 5 "A Space for the Unbound" for "Fuga 2". Fuga 2 has also never been played by me. So without trophies. And the only thing that's good, I can use the previous save with all take over surviving twelve children.

17 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

Game #4 - Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Final Review

L827e0a.png

I played this one as well for a KYC. It was hard for me to stomach the idea of playing a game with the main focus being Chloe - one of the most repugnant characters in recent memory. But this one is actually much deeper than the first one with Max, and you can see how Chloe evolves into a prickly cactus. But, the writers of the original Twin Peaks should sue the game developers because LIS’ Rachel, is the same character as Laura Palmer. 
 It’s definitely worth sticking around to play until the end. 

19 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

Unfortunately I got sick before my trip to Atlanta so I wasn't able to play this, now I've come back and found out I have a double ear infection 1f643.png. So I've done my minimum 3 hours.

Sorry to hear that, that must suck. I hope you get better soon. :(

Going to submit my review for my current game tomorrow morning and final preview for the list. Since I accidentally platinumed two games, I had three days left over so the entire week will be nothing but that one game, so I will try to get through the first playthrough as much as possible. On one hand, the non-combat stuff is mostly fluffy point-and-click so I will pretty much not take too long there. On the other hand, the grinding combat is going to drain a lot of time.

3 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Chloe - one of the most repugnant characters in recent memory.

Interesting, I never felt that way about Chloe. We learn during the first one, she basically lost everyone she loved and that she became a rebellious teenager but I never thought she was so awful. LiS Spoilers:

Spoiler

I still killed her at the end of LiS, because I think that would be canon, not sacrificing a city for a high school relationship.

2 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Sorry to hear that, that must suck. I hope you get better soon.

Thank you! I hope so too!