Time for another KYC - 20th edition

Just wanted to let you know that I will write a combined review for my last game and my current game in a few days.

@Hemiak After reading your review of Alien: Isolation a remembered reading something about the alien AI and how it is special and found this article. It explains how the ai works and is an interesting read.

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/design/the-perfect-organism-the-ai-of-alien-isolation

8 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

Interesting, I never felt that way about Chloe. We learn during the first one, she basically lost everyone she loved and that she became a rebellious teenager but I never thought she was so awful. LiS Spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

I still killed her at the end of LiS, because I think that would be canon, not sacrificing a city for a high school relationship.

Thank you! I hope so too!

I had little empathy for Chloe in the first game bc she was a train wreck to everyone in her life and didn’t take any accountability for her actions. I chose the same ending.

This game, Before the Storm, details on how and why she built up such a hard exterior. I have much more empathy for her after playing this game, because you see her true self when she is with her best friend. When the guard is down, she is a good person. I actually think this game is better than the first one. I’m curious to see if you agree.

I know there is another LIS game out there, but I don’t believe it continues this story - is that true? 

@PerryToxtethLiS 2 is completely new characters. Pretty sure True Colors is as well. 

I also found Chloe to be annoying in the first game.

Saying she lost everyone is a stretch since she still lives with her mom, but I get that she lost her dad who was important. And then she formed this really strong bond with this other girl, and that started to pull her back out of her shell, and then that person went missing too. The second does a good job explaining her issues, but game one was just kind of obnoxious imo. 

• Like 1

Game 5

Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2

Cyber Connect

39.99 €

Fuga: Melodies of Steel -  Add on/ Deluxe Edition Upgrade € 19.99

--

----

Years later, while the children were enjoying their peaceful lives, they were all called to the capital. Lieutenant Muscat led them all into a large hangar; where they beheld the Tanaris; bigger than before.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hard spoiler. Only at your own risk and only; if you can really get excited about the second part. And only if you're interested in the story of the second!

Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 FULL GAMEPLAY CHAPTER 1 - The Devil in the Belfry [NO COMMENTARY] 

Edited by Chirithy84
  • Like 1

Game #9 - Afterparty - Preview

Le33515.png

Developer: Night School Studio

Publisher: Night School Studio

Genre: Adventure

Price: 19,99

Not sure what to expect from this. It's from the same studio that made Oxenfree, which I thought was an ok game. As far as I know, this game focuses on interacting with characters in the game and future interactions depend on your previous dialogues choices.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, slicknick3822 said:

Game #5 - Ghost of Tsushima - Final Review

L5c5e73.png

Time played: ~7h

Trophies Earned: 6/77 (5%)

I'm going to be honest, I'm not really sure how I feel about this game. I feel like I haven't even made a big enough dent to make a true judgment of the game. The game is stunningly beautiful and I love the vibrant colors. It's right up there if not better than the other top tier graphical games I've played this month like Spider-Man and Horizon. The story is intriguing but these early stages are repetitive (person is missing/captured, find/rescue them). I'm more curious as to how the story continues after this first part of the island and the island opens up. The best part of the story is the battle within Jin about following his code of honor vs going against it for the good of the country. As for the gameplay, I really enjoy the swordplay. The one gripe I have with the gameplay is that traveling seems slow, especially coming off the back of a game like Spider-Man where swinging through the city is quick. 

I think this one may be on the backburner a bit longer than the others but I do wanna get back to it but I think it will have to be at a time when I can really focus on the game.

Rating: 7/10

Current %: 68.50% (-20.20%) 

I hope you do come back to GoT. The story is stellar, and the ending made me cry (no spoilers) to the point where it actually messed me up for a few days lol. I didn't really care for the game when I started it, but as I kept playing I really got into it and by the end I understood why people like it so much. 

Game #10 - Forspoken - Preview

Lc8f4ee.png

Developer: Luminous Productions

Publisher: Square Enix

Genre: Action-RPG

Price: 79,99€

I'll anticipate my preview slightly for this game. This game may largely be known for it's massive price tag and underwhelming review scores. It's made by the same studio that made Final Fantasy XV, which I enjoyed a lot. This one looks like it could be fun, so I'm actually looking forward to it, hoping it's actually not that bad. I mean the price tag is hefty, which is why I bought a physical copy for half the price instead, it's got to be worth that right?

• Like 3

So I just realized I don’t have Ghost of Tsushima, I only have access to the free MP Legends mode, which I was pretty much never going to play even if I finished the sp stuff. So that got deleted and I need to choose something else to play. Maybe Eldest Souls, which I picked up on sale not too long ago. 

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I bought a physical copy for half the price instead, it's got to be worth that right?

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell... <_<

Anyways, since my final game now has to last a week due to some of the titles I played getting completed early, I might as put a mini-review for Persona 3 Portable so far. I have just started to explore Tartarus on my own(am at April 22), and I am following the great walkthrough here given by LuckySIime, Aridoburrito, BeforeJam, ObsiEez and yanderegogeta. Great walkthrough and lots of illustrations and screenshots to get the point across. Just defeated the first two Tart bosses and the first one did knock down Junpei because I forgot he was weak to wind. The second one kept Yukari and Junpei knocked down as I was trying to whack them with my naginata(I am going through the female route first as I have played the male route on the original game on PS2) but since I was on Beginner mode, I didn't die. Still it was annoying. I like how the clock works like an inn and heals your team for money, wish I had had that feature in the original game. xD

I'll probably just farm the floors for the next two days because I need to get a couple of rare items, though I was getting a lot of Coin Shuffle times so I am already at 30,000/50,000 yen. I am also training my Persona to learn all their moves up to Level 10 before fusing anything. Got to Level 10 and got the Persona stock upgrade. Great game so far. ;)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Arctic Cress said:

Game #3: Akiba's Beat

L02b80a.png

The annoyance in battle is Pinkun, Saki's companion thing that has one of the most annoying voices in the game, and he talks way too much in battle - about as much as a Persona navigator would. It is grating to hear his voice both in battle...and even most places outside of battle! He still talks when you're saving, when you go to shops, etc.

I see you've met one of my most hated characters in video games.

• Like 1