NGS1 Tips and Tricks (Supplement)

this seems like a good guide/ tips and so on. not many people put down things like this and it is really annoying when no one does this stuff as i much rather people make small hints and tips then guides that can be flawed or not updated in god knows how long.

• Like 1

While Inazuma is pretty good, Inferno can also be a lifesaver and it will be your main nimpo throughout 3/4 of the game, so i would advise upgrading it as soon as possible. Even then, chances are you'll also have enough jewels of the demon seal to upgrade Inazuma as soon as you get it anyways (if you skip Ice storm, as you should). I would also suggest going back to Muramasa after getting the last scarab during chapter 18 for the Dark Dragon Blade, this weapon can hit as hard as a low health UF and it'll be a great help, especially on very hard/ Master Ninja difficulty.

On 02/05/2023 at 0:56 AM, Edusbr said:

While Inazuma is pretty good, Inferno can also be a lifesaver and it will be your main nimpo throughout 3/4 of the game, so i would advise upgrading it as soon as possible. Even then, chances are you'll also have enough jewels of the demon seal to upgrade Inazuma as soon as you get it anyways (if you skip Ice storm, as you should). I would also suggest going back to Muramasa after getting the last scarab during chapter 18 for the Dark Dragon Blade, this weapon can hit as hard as a low health UF and it'll be a great help, especially on very hard/ Master Ninja difficulty.

I rarely used Inferno outside of some key fights on Master Ninja difficulty. At level 1 it was more than sufficient for me. When I played through the game on Very Hard difficulty I didn't have enough JOTDS to upgrade both ninpo's so I decided to upgrade Inazuma instead. On Master Ninja difficulty I missed a few scarabs because I was playing through the game using muscle memory so I didn't have access to the Dark Dragon Blade until the final chapter.

Are you sure the Dark Dragon Blade with equipment is as strong as low health UF with accessories? I only used a handful of primary weapons on Master Ninja difficulty (Dragon Sword/True Dragon Sword, Dabilahro, Flail and UF) and that was enough to get through it without too many problems.  

6 hours ago, LancashireLad87 said:

I rarely used Inferno outside of some key fights on Master Ninja difficulty. At level 1 it was more than sufficient for me. When I played through the game on Very Hard difficulty I didn't have enough JOTDS to upgrade both ninpo's so I decided to upgrade Inazuma instead. On Master Ninja difficulty I missed a few scarabs because I was playing through the game using muscle memory so I didn't have access to the Dark Dragon Blade until the final chapter.

Are you sure the Dark Dragon Blade with equipment is as strong as low health UF with accessories? I only used a handful of primary weapons on Master Ninja difficulty (Dragon Sword/True Dragon Sword, Dabilahro, Flail and UF) and that was enough to get through it without too many problems.  

I used it all the time. If you're going for MN rank you'll get more essence than you can spend, so i used to buy a lot of elixirs to spam inferno during tough fights. That's because during very hard, all ninpo related stuff are scarab rewards, so if you weren't collecting them you wouldn't have enough to upgrade both ninpos. During Master Ninja though, all JOTDS are on the same spot as they were on normal, so you can have them both maxed out during chapter 15 (the same chapter you get Izanuma). The Dark Dragon Blade has some attacks that can hit as hard as a low health UF, not all of them. Unfortunatelly you'll only get this weapon during the last chapter, so if you manage to get there already, chances are you don't really need the dark dragon blade, but it does make things easier, especially the Ishtaros boss fight where you can keep using wall attacks and charge your UT when she's spinning and let go at the same moment she lands, if it connects, it's almost half of her health bar gone. I would recommend getting all scarabs, they aren't hard to get and the rewards are well worth it. Also, not sure if this is commom knowledge, but you can get the Dabilahro during chapter 7 if you backtrack to the great plaza after getting the incendiary shurikens from the glass case, you can clean the catacoms really fast with it. 

Ishtaros has another opening when she raises her leg to stomp on you. It's a two-hit strike in about 1 second, first with the knee then with the foot. Block the knee to have your guard broken then dodge her foot and she will be momentarily off balance. She uses this attack frequently if you stay toe-to-toe with her. 

Also, I would add for fighting multiple knightmares use the lunar staff's counter-attack only. It's the only weapon and method I've found fast enough to fight them while evading the explosions they cast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...