(FIXED) 2 Platinums (PS4&PS5) Currently Unattainable - What do we know?

Fyrwurm

I saw that another post (autopop) began discussing this issue, but then took a left turn. I decided to create this thread for any updates on any patches, DLC, etc. that might address the issue.

For those unaware, if you play through the game on one system (PS4), you will not be able to obtain all trophies (:bronze: On Guard:bronze: Feed The Beast, :platinum: The Grand Custodian) on the other system (PS5). I am not sure if these are affected (:silver: Armed and Dangerous:silver: Quartermaster:silver: Suit Up!:silver: Creature Comforts:silver: Deathtrap).

I really enjoyed this game and would have considered picking up some of the DLC cosmetics for a second run, but not being able to obtain the trophies as I go is disappointing.

The only update I have found related to this is on the Meet Your Maker forums:

https://forums.bhvr.com/Meet-Your-Maker/discussion/372015/feed-the-beast-achievement-unobtainable

Other sources:

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n23250/meet-your-maker-unobtainable-platinum (cannot delete the save because it is on the server)

Edited by Fyrwurm
  • Like 2

Have you tried playing this game on both a PS4 and ps5 simultaneously? obviously it's too late if you've already got the trophy, but for those of us that haven't, I wonder if this dualpopping strategy would work. it's worked for Worms Rumble and Babylon's Fall 

• 3 weeks later...

Only the "On guard" trophy (and so the platinum) can't be obtained on both ps4 and ps5 !

For "Feed the beast", just complete an other level with the chimera and trophy will unlock just fine, even if it's over level 2 ^^

We can only wait and hope for a new defensive weapon coming soon to upgrade it and finally get the "On guard" trophy a second time on PS5 (+ platinum ^^) ... or a patch checking if you already did it on the only defensive weapon in the game, and autopop trophy like it does for the suit trophy ^^

• 2 weeks later...

I got Dress for Success (fully upgrade 1 suit) on the PS4 version last night, then I logged on to the PS5 version today and it popped when I talked to the Suits Advisor. Does this mean the "issue" with On Guard (fully upgrade a defensive weapon) has also been fixed and both platinums can now be obtained? Can anyone confirm they've legitimately popped it on both versions?

Edit: Just realized it's probably just the suit. My other trophies, like ranged and melee weapon, didn't pop.

Edited by MattPieti

On 16/06/2023 at 10:51 PM, MattPieti said:

I got Dress for Success (fully upgrade 1 suit) on the PS4 version last night, then I logged on to the PS5 version today and it popped when I talked to the Suits Advisor. Does this mean the "issue" with On Guard (fully upgrade a defensive weapon) has also been fixed and both platinums can now be obtained? Can anyone confirm they've legitimately popped it on both versions?

Edit: Just realized it's probably just the suit. My other trophies, like ranged and melee weapon, didn't pop.

I got the suit one auto-pop on ps5, but it's the only one sadly, so we need a new defensive weapon to get the trophy a second time (or a patch making the trophy auto-pop like for the suit)

Wait and see ^^

Hopefully i wont be stuck like for Worms Rumble because of crappy dev who dont care about people playing their game twice >_<

The trailer for the Dreadshore update just came out and unfortunately the new weapon is another gun. Unless they update it so that the trophy unlocks when you open the weapon menu with the shield already upgraded, the trophy will still be unobtainable.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Has anyone attempted to see if they have patched auto pop for this. 

I was thinking of playing ps5 version as I'm almost done w ps4 side of things.

I really enjoy the game and even w.o an auto pop. Would enjoy being able to get plat. On both systems.

On Guard still can't be obtained on both versions.

On 13/07/2023 at 7:37 AM, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Unfortunate. - guess we wait for a 2nd defence item to be added then.

Yeah looks that way, they know about it as I spoke to them in email, they said just keep a eye on forums, I'm sure they will add one as they have added a few bits in recent update, lets just hope a defence weapon is next.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2024 at 6:22 AM, SuchRemorse said:

Has this ever been patched? I got the plat on ps5 and I really enjoyed the game. I would like to play again. I would play the ps4 and get another platinum if it's possible. If it's not then I'll just stick to the ps5 version. 

They have added a second defense weapon so I managed to get both Plats. Not sure if other trophies are now broken 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SuchRemorse said:

Other trophies broken??? How so... And which ones? Because I didn't even start a second playthrough. I don't wanna Start this if I can't complete it. 

Am in the same boat as urself

On 2/12/2024 at 11:40 PM, SuchRemorse said:

No issues with anything else? Everything works fine?

That was the only one that was not attainable. I still need to do a run with my friend for the co-op trophies, but On Guard was the only blocker to the platinum.