FFXHD Sphere Grid Trophies

Even with the tonberry trick Triple AP + AP>overdrive this can take A LONG...time. I have about 70+ hours and tidus is not even half way done with all the AP im getting. I'm gonna have to give up on this as well, just dont wanna sit there forever and wait.

Yeah it took me forever to fill everybody's grid, was quite dull but I wanted this plat =p

with a total playtime of 120 hours i'm half way through with all the characters.

most of the time took me to get the 255 luck :D

now that most of the stats are maxed out, the rest is gonna be HP.

for me its great fun and i cant remember wanting a plat so much :)

so many good memories with this game on former PS 2 times... i'm really glad to have this on the 3 again :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have filled out the grid for my primary party - Tidus, Yuna & Rikku. Is it worth just going for the Penance, Nemesis etc trophies and leave the 'fill sphere grid for all characters' trophy till last?

You can do that, it doesn't change anything since you're not gonna use the others, if you want to cut down the grind you can make a different save and remove all the luck nodes, that way is much faster

• 1 month later...

Hmm, could use some advice on this trophy sett, currently to max out my party, I did a exel sheet, and made sure I had 64 of each node (exept HP and mana, at 25 nodes for 1000 mana, 35 nodes for 10.500 hp) placed, I have now almost finished luck as last to 64 nodes, any recomandations on what to fill the last slots whit? currently considering HP, as well, there are no effect of the stats over 255 right? and hopefully exstra hp orbs would boost aeons hp higher. or am I wrong about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, could use some advice on this trophy sett, currently to max out my party, I did a exel sheet, and made sure I had 64 of each node (exept HP and mana, at 25 nodes for 1000 mana, 35 nodes for 10.500 hp) placed, I have now almost finished luck as last to 64 nodes, any recomandations on what to fill the last slots whit? currently considering HP, as well, there are no effect of the stats over 255 right? and hopefully exstra hp orbs would boost aeons hp higher. or am I wrong about this?

HP, definitely, if this is still required info.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anything, the Earth Eater is the most annoying to deal with. However, instead of getting 255 Luck, I am aiming for about 100+ as apparently you do not need 255 for the Dark Aeons/Penance/Nemesis/ and Omega Weapon. I was told, that you only need 110 or so Luck which is about 23-25 Luck nodes(4*25=100) and let the rest carry over that is already on the Expert Grid. Now, Magic is not required to be maxed since all you do is physical attacks fighting each boss.

HP, definitely, if this is still required info.

If you are referring to Break HP Limit, it really is not needed. You can counter this by having Auto-Phenoix, and MegaElixers. 

Edited by x410xDragon

• 1 month later...

What I actually did was raise my luck to 255 with Tidus and just above 130 on Auron to be able to beat the dark aeons and Penance, then came back to the sphere grid and used cleared all my luck nodes, otherwise you'll suffer a lot if trying to raise all characters to a 255 luck stat.

Also hated to fight kottos so many times, specially when he would only give you the 2 spheres that were meant to be dark matter, ugh

but good luck, really simple just needs a lot of time

If you are referring to Break HP Limit, it really is not needed. You can counter this by having Auto-Phenoix, and MegaElixers. 

You can, but having BHPL turned the Nemesis and Penance fights from an annoyance into a breeze. I barely even had to use Auto-Phoenix.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shoot man, I got the plat at 160+ hours :( At least you're a FFX expert now :D

Yeah. It was because I screwed up the Tonberry farming and had BHPL on, which limited the amount of Sphere Levels I got to 20-30 instead of around 80. I didn't realise until 3/4ths through.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I probably chose the harder approach as I wanted to maximize actually useful stats with the empty nodes so I started with strength spheres (pretty easy), then defense spheres (another easy one), then magic defense (yawn) and then I started with luck which is actually pretty hard since you cannot use distill with Kottos but have to fight Greater Spheres and Earth Eaters.

Getting your luck above 230 has two advantages:

Enemies won't be able to hit you anymore as long as your evasion stats are above 30, and you'll always land critical hits on enemies.

The downside:

Greater Spheres always counter your attacks with Ultima. Ultima doesn't do much damage if you have magic defense of 255 but the animation is very long and they have about 1mio HP.

Earth Eater only counters with Flare but also has about 1mio HP.

So yes, this takes a lot of time.

Edited by sektoderselters9

• 2 weeks later...

This is my favorite game of all time but I must admit filling the sphere grids the second time around is not nearly as fun as the first. Suppose back in the PS2 era I was young and had all the time in the world! I have a very long way to go and at only an average of an hour per day played I shall be seeing this Platinum in 2016!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

All I know is on ps2, I played this with no guide, strategy book anything. And in 120 hours I had the sphere grids completed and all calm lands bosses killed.

Dunno if it's worse or if they added harder things, but it doesn't sound that long if I was able to do this in 120 without a guide as a kid 

I love this game and want the plat soooo bad, but I hate the time consuming situation doing the same thing over, and over, and over again :(

While it does get dull fast, it's not the worst grind I've ever done. With the Don Tonberry trick leveling is stupidly easy and once you're decently leveled you can defeat Kottos who gives you 40 spheres at a time. Getting luck to face the special bosses was the real tedious task. :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stupid Lulu's Triple AP weapon! I get the other 6 over and over but Lulu's :(! I've tried for over 4 hours without success. Damn lol

EDIT** Random fact: I got the weapon, just farming everything else. What surprised me it's that you can do more than a million hit with Anima's overdrive. Just discovered it, didn't know about that lool, I was shocked when I saw that many numbers lool.

Edited by lpgcavazos