FFXHD Sphere Grid Trophies

I'm going to be getting this game sooner or later and was wondering what it means for the two trophies that say "Complete the Sphere Grid for one character" and "Complete the Sphere Grid for all main characters"? Do you just have to learn all the stat gains and abilities for each character or do you literally have to highlight (color) every line on the grid? I understand they introduced an expert sphere grid and a standard sphere grid. Which one should I use to earn these two trophies?

I know what a sphere grid is. I owned this game for the ps2. But I have no idea what exactly it means by "completing!" Any insight would be appreciated ^_^.

I actually just got those myself. And let me tell you, its grindy as hell.

At first I thought filling in every line was the requirment, however that not the case. You need to activate every single node on the grid. That also means that you need stat spheres that can fill in every empty node with a value for a stat. 

Even using some of the fastest farming and grinding tricks, It still took a bit over an hour per character to max out a grid after filling in the empty nodes.

• Like 1

Like others have said, you have to activate all of the nodes. Meaning that empty nodes have to be changed and then activated with something like an HP Sphere or Strength Sphere. The expert sphere grid has fewer nodes by about 50, so the expert grid will be quicker, especially once you activate all of the empty nodes. 

I did it back on the PS2, that means I can do it again! Using different Ap and Gil exploits reduces the grind significantly, and what is more, making those trophies sure is helpful in your preparation for facing Penance :)

Having said that, this plat is really time consuming, at this rate I won't be playing X-2 in a while lol 

• Like 1

When I played this when I was younger, I never had much of a clue as to how this system worked, I just went with whatever and hoped for the best, haha.

This time around, I'm going to probably spend 5+ hours devoted to farming for AP and such. I'm gonna fill that damn thing out if it kills me :]

• Like 1

When I played this when I was younger, I never had much of a clue as to how this system worked, I just went with whatever and hoped for the best, haha.

This time around, I'm going to probably spend 5+ hours devoted to farming for AP and such. I'm gonna fill that damn thing out if it kills me :]

^This, only without the killing myself part ;)

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Take that 5 and make it 15-20 then you got yourself a filled grid ;)

• Like 2

I've nearly maxed out a few characters in the game but I keep running out of spheres to power up the nodes (power, mana, speed). Does anyone know a quicker way to get them other than grinding against normal enemies for ages?

Go to the monster arena and buy a bunch of distillers for the type of sphere you want to farm.

Start a battle with the area creation Kottos, and toss the distiller. Beat him to get 20 of that type of sphere normally, or 40 with an overkill (you may occassionally only get 1 or 2. This will be because the boss dropped a rare item that was changed by the distiller)

That's the fastest way to farm spheres in game.

• Like 1

Go to the monster arena and buy a bunch of distillers for the type of sphere you want to farm.

Start a battle with the area creation Kottos, and toss the distiller. Beat him to get 20 of that type of sphere normally, or 40 with an overkill (you may occassionally only get 1 or 2. This will be because the boss dropped a rare item that was changed by the distiller)

That's the fastest way to farm spheres in game.

You actually don't need to buy distillers, just use the extract skills. They're basically the same thing + do damage.

You actually don't need to buy distillers, just use the extract skills. They're basically the same thing + do damage.

^This, plus the Don Tonberry + Comrade Overdrive mode + Overdrive -> AP weapon ability trick , and you'll be done with the Sphere Grid in no time ( a couple of hours at most ). Adding in Triple AP and Triple Overdrive can speed things up even more.

Just finished Wakka and Yuna, if Tidus been the main one( the first all level up)

Now Lulu and Rikku, then auron and Kimahri.

Does anyone know any good guides for recommended ways to travel along the sphere grid or for stat maxing? I never put much deep thought into it when I was playing on PS2 and I'm finding it a bit overwhelming to work with.

The Don tonberry method is the faster way I know of. You can always level everybody up in Omega ruins, but don't forget at least triple AP weapons.

Edited by Marcelo

• 2 weeks later...

Even with the tonberry trick Triple AP + AP>overdrive this can take A LONG...time. I have about 70+ hours and tidus is not even half way done with all the AP im getting. I'm gonna have to give up on this as well, just dont wanna sit there forever and wait.