Delisting notice

fbdbh

I know this is a far-flung idea... But if we can get in contact with the developers, maybe we can encourage them to change how the trophies work once the servers do go offline. The devs from Jump Force did it, now that game can be completed with a 100% score, even without the servers being active. I'm willing to try to reach out to them this weekend. If more of us do so, we may find some sort of luck. It seems kind of wasteful for companies to take our money and we can't even complete our games without being rushed or not at all in a lot of cases. 'm not saying it'll work, but if no effort is put in then how can we really know?

Also, I haven't played this in five years, any tips on how to boost or grind? Can you get trophies in private matches or whatever? Is it possible to even get the platinum in the 17/18-month period? 

A few starter points could really help me back in again since it's been quite a few years. 

Thanks! 

Edit: I just sent the developers and e-mail about how I felt about the choice, and how it'll affect the trophy system on PlayStation and XBOX. And asked them if they can consider adjusting the achievement system once the servers go off, just like how Jump Force did by another company when that happened. I'm waiting to hear back now. 

Edited by Evil25Illusion
Update:

23 minutes ago, Evil25Illusion said:

I know this is a far-flung idea... But if we can get in contact with the developers, maybe we can encourage them to change how the trophies work once the servers do go offline. The devs from Jump Force did it, now that game can be completed with a 100% score, even without the servers being active. I'm willing to try to reach out to them this weekend. If more of us do so, we may find some sort of luck. It seems kind of wasteful for companies to take our money and we can't even complete our games without being rushed or not at all in a lot of cases. 'm not saying it'll work, but if no effort is put in then how can we really know?

Also, I haven't played this in five years, any tips on how to boost or grind? Can you get trophies in private matches or whatever? Is it possible to even get the platinum in the 17/18-month period? 

A few starter points could really help me back in again since it's been quite a few years. 

Thanks! 

It's a nice idea but the difference here, is Friday the 13th is online only when it comes to the trophies so to make everything work in the existing and very limited offline mode, would be a lot of work and cost a fair bit as well so wouldn't be worth their time or money to do it. Jump Force got away with it, because only a few trophies and a specific online mode were affected by the server closure so changing the requirements for those trophies to work in the remaining online mode wasn't hard.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's a nice idea but the difference here, is Friday the 13th is online only when it comes to the trophies so to make everything work in the existing and very limited offline mode, would be a lot of work and cost a fair bit as well so wouldn't be worth their time or money to do it. Jump Force got away with it, because only a few trophies and a specific online mode were affected by the server closure so changing the requirements for those trophies to work in the remaining online mode wasn't hard.

Fair enough! 

But I'm still giving it a try, and I'll let you guys know what happens. 

14 hours ago, Evil25Illusion said:

Thanks! 

Edit: I just sent the developers and e-mail about how I felt about the choice, and how it'll affect the trophy system on PlayStation and XBOX. And asked them if they can consider adjusting the achievement system once the servers go off, just like how Jump Force did by another company when that happened. I'm waiting to hear back now. 

They won’t do a thing. There’s no chance of them reducing the numbers for achievements/trophies. One of the lead devs is also working on Texas Chainsaw which has 1983 matches required. Far less than this does theoretically and basically said they won’t change any achievements lengths-wise from complaints as they want their 100%’s to be ‘difficult to obtain’. All your email is likely to do is make the dickhead change it to 10,000 games required as Jason :’) 

15 hours ago, Oberlin1694 said:

They won’t do a thing. There’s no chance of them reducing the numbers for achievements/trophies. One of the lead devs is also working on Texas Chainsaw which has 1983 matches required. Far less than this does theoretically and basically said they won’t change any achievements lengths-wise from complaints as they want their 100%’s to be ‘difficult to obtain’. All your email is likely to do is make the dickhead change it to 10,000 games required as Jason :’) 

I never said reducing. I said "change". 

And that's fine, but nothing gets done unless people actually voice their opinions and concerns over things. 

And nah, I disagree with that. 

Feel free to disagree. I'm still waiting to hear back. 

And regardless of the outcome, effort was made on my part. 

8 hours ago, PakaloloPlant said:

Took me 90 plus hours to platinum the game for those thinking to grind it. I boosted the play 1000 matches as Jason and Counselor on private due to being way quicker lol

This ain't even that long of a grind, right now I'm (according to PS5's time tracker) grinding Injustice 2 for 105 hours with no end in sight.

Might as well get this one too.

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Amalrik69 said:

Does it make the platinum easier then ?

Not really, since you have to grind 1K games on each side anyway. It does allow you to do all the kills right off the bat, but you get the ability to do those within the early part of the grind anyway (I did some of this on Xbox, if you look and see I'm at 0% here)

12 hours ago, Amalrik69 said:

Does it make the platinum easier then ?

This is more of a yes and no scenario.

Yes as in you’ll now be able to have all the kills available, which will allow you to work on A PhD in Murder trophy because you need to perform all of the Jason / weapon specific kills, which were originally locked behind certain player level progress. You’ll obviously still need to do the environmental kills as well. But don’t worry about Part 4 & 5 Jasons, as they were added in as free DLC and don’t count.

No as in despite getting instantly updated to max level, you still need to worry about the long haul that is 1,000 Jason matches. Regardless if this new update existed or not, the 1,000 Jason match grind is inevitable.

1 hour ago, ISAMU_MkII said:

The game is cheap and with those updates make attempting, but those 1000 matches that is killing. If they get rid of this thing with new update... many would reconsider going the Platinum.

It's really 2K, since you need 1000 as a counsellor, and 1000 as Jason. It's a truly mind numbing grind. I've sone about 100 each on Xbox (And I'm done, life is too short), likely won't bother with even that on PS4. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It's really 2K, since you need 1000 as a counsellor, and 1000 as Jason. It's a truly mind numbing grind. I've sone about 100 each on Xbox (And I'm done, life is too short), likely won't bother with even that on PS4. 

2000 matches?

How people can develop a game and include such a dumb trophy/achiev like that?

Don't worth it.

If they remove with a patch I'll reconsider, otherwise pass.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ISAMU_MkII said:

2000 matches?

Don't worth it.

that's just for yourself game can have up to 7 other players with a chance to play as Jason so unless your playing with one person boosting every match switching between Jason and counsellor (this is not taken into account all the trophies 2 of them need 8 people to boost to get them) its 4000 matches minimum as both of yous will need both trophies if you have an alt account with other TV then best way of doing it is boosting that 

2 hours ago, ISAMU_MkII said:

2000 matches?

Don't worth it.

To be fair, this is the type of game you were meant to play over a long period of time, and not to be done all at once. 

Because in the grand scheme of things, 2000 matches aren't a lot. I probably did triple that in games like TF2 or Overwatch or Paladins, and in MMORPGs I remember the game counting me doing 5000 dungeon runs. But this was in the span of years. 

Friday the 13th came out in 2017, so that's 6 years, which means you "could've" done more than what you need, but now that's shutting down it does look like it's a lot, because you need an insane amount of matches in about a year and a half rather than years.

Not saying that 2000 matches are excused, but it's that type of game where you're expected to play for such a long time, 2000 matches would eventually come about. But not everybody played all the time so that's where we are! I'm not excused either mind you!

I can see its major issue being that you have 1/8 chances to be jason, and that could be a slog.

Edit: yep, I have over 10k matches in Overwatch, and that's in 6-7 years.

Edited by Darghel
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Darghel said:

To be fair, this is the type of game you were meant to play over a long period of time, and not to be done all at once. 

Because in the grand scheme of things, 2000 matches aren't a lot. I probably did triple that in games like TF2 or Overwatch or Paladins, and in MMORPGs I remember the game counting me doing 5000 dungeon runs. But this was in the span of years. 

Friday the 13th came out in 2017, so that's 6 years, which means you "could've" done more than what you need, but now that's shutting down it does look like it's a lot, because you need an insane amount of matches in about a year and a half rather than years.

Not saying that 2000 matches are excused, but it's that type of game where you're expected to play for such a long time, 2000 matches would eventually come about. But not everybody played all the time so that's where we are! I'm not excused either mind you!

I can see its major issue being that you have 1/8 chances to be jason, and that could be a slog.

Edit: yep, I have over 10k matches in Overwatch, and that's in 6-7 years.

I agree with you this game was meant to be played for years 

I actually like this trophy list I enjoy long multiplayer grinds expect when I'm so many hours in and my progress gets deleted but I guess that's just luck of the draw   

• Like 1