Battlefield Server Tool

Hello everyone, In this post I'm going to leak a tool for battlefield: bad company 1 which can make the boosting process for this game many many times easier for boosters, this tool is used for viewing servers in real time, you can see the players in a server, the map they're on, the mode and the IP. This tool can be used to forcibly make a stable server which is key for boosting, when this server is created it will of course be empty,

Here's a small guide on how to make these "stable" servers

Trying to join a random custom game on BFBC 1 will put you into the largest stable server available, this goes for both modes, you must fill up one of these lobbies, there's very rarely more than one for each game mode, gold rush and conquest, fill up the gold rush, after this you must have one player go into an unstable server, this will be created if a player tries to join any map as there's already a full server, after you have the stable server full and just one person the in the unstable you will need the person in the unstable lobby to wait for it to crash, you will know when a crash happens because a instant black screen will occur, as soon as the server crashes another person on standby must join and create another server, as there's no active servers, one stable is full and one is crashed, BFBC 1 will create a new stable server which will be empty, now you can do whatever you want with that server. 

If there are 2 stable lobbies on the same game mode you will have to have players fill up both of the stable lobbies to create an unstable. 

GitHub link: https://github.com/KingSkovald/BFBCServerList - This GitHub page has an updated version of the tool.

Mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5u4bddlqc0grb4i/BFBCservercheckert.zip/file

VirusTotal scan results: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ad7fcbef82f101a6a525227356bcb6d8f8711600e2b0e9d0c95b1de4ce8a13dd?nocache=1

Thank you @KingSkovald for creating this tool.

Edited by Crockedized
Polishing
  • Like 4

No offense but you should release the source for your tool. No one should execute a random exe! Your tool is relying on ealist like @SH06UN5126's open source tool https://github.com/sh06un/bfbcps3-list is, and all the info that was gathered in the corresponding "Devil Dogs" thread here on PSNP.

I'm not saying that your tool isn't great or not legit (no user knows at this point and maybe it's better than the one I linked, I don't know) but just a zip containing an exe and a readme on an ad-driven hoster seems suspicious as opposed to a github link. I know from personal experience that the knowledge about the server structure and the meaning of certain server states is not easy to grasp but please go the extra mile and make your tool as safe and user friendly as possible. Everything that makes getting the platinum on this game easier is great but please be as open as possible, this will help you and your tool become prominent in the long run.

Edit: After investigating, it seems that the linked tool is @KingSkovald's tool. Can you shed some light on this mysterious upload? 

Edited by woggly4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

@MMDE and @B1rvine is this allowed under CRT rules?

It is. The underlying ealist is just showing the current server population and is completely unrelated to PSN or the user playing the game. In fact, you can't even login with an EA account that is connected to PSN. It's not interfering with the game or a game session in any way. ealist, btw, is also working as a server browser for many other EA games that don't even have a PS release. (see https://aluigi.altervista.org/papers.htm#others-net for more)

Edited by woggly4
added ealist source

44 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

No offense but you should release the source for your tool. No one should execute a random exe! Your tool is relying on ealist like @SH06UN5126's open source tool https://github.com/sh06un/bfbcps3-list is, and all the info that was gathered in the corresponding "Devil Dogs" thread here on PSNP.

I'm not saying that your tool isn't great or not legit (no user knows at this point and maybe it's better than the one I linked, I don't know) but just a zip containing an exe and a readme on an ad-driven hoster seems suspicious as opposed to a github link. I know from personal experience that the knowledge about the server structure and the meaning of certain server states is not easy to grasp but please go the extra mile and make your tool as safe and user friendly as possible. Everything that makes getting the platinum on this game easier is great but please be as open as possible, this will help you and your tool become prominent in the long run.

Edit: After investigating, it seems that the linked tool is @KingSkovald's tool. Can you shed some light on this mysterious upload? 

Hey, I've edited some stuff and put it into github with a virustotal scan, 

I got this tool from a half-Russian post on reddit recently, however I knew of it's existence for a while as the server I was boosting in used this tool and it was kept secret, I've uploaded this here to bring more attention to this

2 hours ago, Crockedized said:

Hello everyone, In this post I'm going to leak a tool for battlefield: bad company 1 which can make the boosting process for this game many many times easier for boosters, this tool is used for viewing servers in real time, you can see the players in a server, the map they're on, the mode and the IP. This tool can be used to forcibly make a stable server which is key for boosting, when this server is created it will of course be empty,

Here's a small guide on how to make these "stable" servers

Trying to join a random custom game on BFBC 1 will put you into the largest stable server available, this goes for both modes, you must fill up one of these lobbies, there's very rarely more than one for each game mode, gold rush and conquest, fill up the gold rush, after this you must have one player go into an unstable server, this will be created if a player tries to join any map as there's already a full server, after you have the stable server full and just one person the in the unstable you will need the person in the unstable lobby to wait for it to crash, you will know when a crash happens because a instant black screen will occur, as soon as the server crashes another person on standby must join and create another server, as there's no active servers, one stable is full and one is crashed, BFBC 1 will create a new stable server which will be empty, now you can do whatever you want with that server. 

If there are 2 stable lobbies on the same game mode you will have to have players fill up both of the stable lobbies to create an unstable. 

GitHub link: https://github.com/Crockedized/Battlefield-Tool 

Mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5u4bddlqc0grb4i/BFBCservercheckert.zip/file

VirusTotal scan results: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ad7fcbef82f101a6a525227356bcb6d8f8711600e2b0e9d0c95b1de4ce8a13dd?nocache=1

It's an exe, so it's not really open source. I guess you can reverse engineer it and whatnot, but people can at least self host it etc.

I do however not know how servers and lobbies etc work in BFBC1. A lot of the time with these fps games, especially on console, at least one of the players themselves host the online match, and the developer's servers mainly do authorization, stats, store stuff, and more importantly a listing tool, where players "register" their hosting of a match/lobby, with info like the players in it, where it's at, latency etc.

I don't fully understand what this tool does based on the description, but it seems it sort of functions like EA's servers with the above functionality, just using more ?force? to match people.

Is the trophy related stats kept on the client side???

I don't even know if BFBC1 servers are still up, and all this tool do is help you with match making?

Edited by MMDE

20 hours ago, woggly4 said:

When I boosted it approximately 2 years ago everyone from my group knew that I was using it, I shared it with few people who asked me directly but never posted it publicly, so I guess it has gone viral ? I don't mind that people are using it, can share the code later if anyone is interested, still have it somewhere on my laptop. I also made a slightly better version of it few months ago when I came back to finish my 10k kills. There is nothing to worry about CRT rules, the tool is not even related to trophies and doesn't do anything extraordinary.

It does pretty much same as Shogun's tool, prints output of ealist.exe command-line tool in more user-friendly way and that's it. I wrote it based on the info that @woggly4 and @SH06UN5126 provided to me back in the days. And all ealist.exe does in turn is just reading some metadata from EA legacy servers public APIs.

I also used ealist.exe while trying to find out why Red Alert 3 multiplayer didn't work properly for majority of people and probably found the reason but the truth will remain unknown forever.

21 hours ago, Crockedized said:

now you can do whatever you want with that server

until lifers or other boosters invade it in few minutes and mess up your boost of course. I was grinding my remaining kills in February this year and typically had only 1 or 2 hours at best as "window of opportunity" when no one was trying to enter servers and it was at very inconvenient time. 10-12 AM Ukrainian time was the magic zone, work days only. I had a feeling that 2023 will be the end for Bad Company after EA announced MOH shutdown at the end of 2022 and Bad Company shutdown announcement happened approximately just one month after I finished my kills grind. At this time I imagine it's even more difficult to find a time when no one is around and the only viable method will be to lock lobbies with lots of alts.

P.S.: one of the biggest myths about BC is that it can have only 1-2 stable servers at a time. Technically you can spawn as many servers as there are in EA's server pool for this game (I think it's somewhere near 50, it can also be checked via ealist.exe), but new stable server can be spawned only if there are no servers for specific mode that you are trying to enter or if there already is full stable server. It's also possible to spawn a new server with the following condition: let's say you have one stable GR server with only few people and stable CQ server with 20 players (full server is 24). If you try to join GR you will always enter that stable server with few players but if you try to join CQ lobby in a group it will put you on a new server, but you still have to do this a couple of times as this server will not necessarily be stable. The precise condition when you can spawn a new server even when the active lobby is not full while joining in a group is when the tool says Playgroup: NO for the active server. Usually it is when lobby has 18 players and more. It won't work if for example there are 2 CQ (or 2 GR) lobbies, one with 20 players and one with 16. You will always end in the lobby with 16 players (the tool will show Playgroup: NO for the server with 20 players but will show Playgroup: YES for the one with 16). Spawning lobbies like that won't be possible without alts as it's still seem to be possible to join groups only from the same network or with NAT1)

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

You think this will complicate the boosting once it's gone public?

It depends, maybe it will simplify boosting for people who lock lobbies with lots of alts but I think it will definitely complicate it for solo rangers with multiple consoles. It was difficult to find quiet time even earlier, now with shutdown announcement more people are focused on this boost. And with tools like these available to everyone even more people will start hunting for empty lobbies during quiet hours. I ran the app few hours ago and player numbers were the same as on February during same time, I guess the real shitstorm will begin in last month before shutdown.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

It depends, maybe it will simplify boosting for people who lock lobbies with lots of alts but I think it will definitely complicate it for solo rangers with multiple consoles. It was difficult to find quiet time even earlier, now with shutdown announcement more people are focused on this boost. And with tools like these available to everyone even more people will start hunting for empty lobbies during quiet hours. I ran the app few hours ago and player numbers were the same as on February during same time, I guess the real shitstorm will begin in last month before shutdown.

Your tool has been in use and has been a key part of locked lobby boosts but only a select few communities have it, it works perfectly that way, this going public could also complicate things for solo - small groups that's true, also to your previous comment, it'd be great if you could release the code for your tool, thank you Skovald

29 minutes ago, Fiercethetear said:

It seems like an absolute nightmare to boost this game

This is why I decided to give this more exposure, if used properly you'll get this game done in less than 2 weeks with an efficient locked lobby, being able to create your own lobbies is a game changer.

1 minute ago, Crockedized said:

This is why I decided to give this more exposure, if used properly you'll get this game done in less than 2 weeks with an efficient locked lobby, being able to create your own lobbies is a game changer.

Do you think locking lobbies with a lot of RPCS3 instances would be possible?

20 hours ago, Crockedized said:

it'd be great if you could release the code for your tool

Done:
https://github.com/KingSkovald/BFBCServerList

Once I found the code I recalled why I didn't want to make it public, for simplicity of usage I hardcoded username and password of account created via ealist.exe utility.

It's needed for ealist.exe to authorize in EA legacy servers to be able to read server data (it has nothing to do with EA/Origin account of course)

I published the code as is without removing it (or moving to command line arguments) cause I don't really care about that account, it's something that could be created via ealist.exe within few seconds. However last time when I tried to create a new one few months ago I received an error saying that password format is invalid no matter what I entered (special symbols, capital/non-capital letters/numbers etc), maybe EA did some changes that are causing issues for ealist.exe tool. The only problem I see is that someone can figure out how to change password for existing account or delete it (which will obviously break the tool everyone has right now) and that it will be impossible to generate a new one with ealist.exe but whatever ?

I added two versions: 2+ years old original that was available only to me and those "secret communities" lol and the updated one that I used while boosting kills on February. Never sent the latter to anyone before. It does the same thing, just looks a bit prettier (+ I removed few useless values like server IP to display only relevant information). Original is in v1 branch and updated one is in v2. Executables for both versions (and DLLs required for v2) are located in Downloads folder and present in both branches.

Some tech info:

v1 targets .NET Framework 4.6 so BFBCServerList.exe should work on any device with Windows 10 and 11 without the need to install additional software.

v2 targets .NET Framework 4.6.1 (the library I used to create console markup required .NET Standard 2.0 minimum), so on Windows 10 you'll need at least November Update (Version 1511) or any version of Windows 11.

If you try to run BFBCServerList executables Windows Defender will try to block them, "More Info > Run Anyway" is the way to go. Or of course you can compile it yourself using Visual Studio or anything else using the code from repository

Have fun ?

Edited by KingSkovald
  • Like 3

Just to be clear, this tool doesn't do anything in-game. It doesn't change the game at all. It doesn't allow you to get some in-game advantage. It's not a server. You don't connect it to your game in any way.

Then what is it?

It's a tool you start on your computer, that gives you some info about the current public lobbies. That's it.

Why is this useful? Well, there are supposedly some people who go out of their way to ruin boosting sessions etc. Generally, it is just to make it easier to arrange boosting. If you are able to use the information properly, you may find it easier to pair with the people you boost with etc.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

It's a tool you start on your computer, that gives you some info about the current public lobbies. That's it.

Correct. This tool is purely read-only.

But tbh if you'd know the game, "that's it" is not the proper conclusion. ? ealist, or any tool that's wrapping it, can save you a ton of unnecessary joining unpopulated, unstable servers, thus hours. If you want to get things done in BC1, even if it's just farming kills in a non-boosting environment, this information can keep your sanity up a little longer.

But in the end it's just that, yes: A tool to get

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

some info about the current public lobbies.

Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

i havent played in years but i was a lifer of this game for a very long time, over 1,000 hours (2,400 if i remember i dunno). this game is a mess to boost. i played for fun so i got 100k kills. the trophies were patched in later so people sometimes couldnt even pop the platinum. but the lifers scared off the regular community with their cheap antics of quick scoping. i use to have fun going one on one against some of the great players, but when everyone started quickscoping it was annoying asf and i said ok im done. there is different servers, i remember once in a while it would dump us into a japan server where every single player was asian. names i never saw before. (when you play 1000 hours you recognize whose the regulars). i always found those servers odd they seemed to be seperated or something from american ones. one time it put us in a dead server for hours i dunno why, there wa sonly 5 of us and we spent i think it was 3 hours or so duplicating mines and filling up the entire level with mines. when they exploded it knocked all of us offline, and then every ea game connected to that server i saw friends go offline playing other games. when battlefield 2 and 3 came out some sort of weird switch happened. they took down the forums and original stat website and the servers got really really clunky, especially on conquest. there was more level crashes. especially lets say oasis crates for example if you got to the 3rd section theres a high possibility the level will just freeze everyone. they started taking resources away from bfbc and putting them towards bf3 and the new stats website they made for the other games. 

anyways thats just a bunch of blah blah blah from my good days looking bad. i say if anyone can create a server for themselves then good. the lifers are bored and are like sharks. anyone they see they will go after because they are bored. they dont care if it scares people off. we use to annihilate people so bad they would rage quit and never play again. we would try to come up with our own set of mini games like knife fights or tracer dart fights just because we liked the game so much. good luck to anyone trying to finish. the servers arent ran off the people also. its ea servers. so for people who havent played if you go in you cant just create a server from your own internet connection and host. this game was really popping when it was released and filled with tons of people. 

• Like 2