Final Title Update announced - 75! New challenges.

damcrac5

Sloclap has announced their "Final Title Update" in a new video posted on YouTube.  In it, they announce 75 new challenges. That is 30 more new challenges than the first Arenas Update and brings the total to 120 challenges.  Scheduled release is in September of 2023.

My guess is that they will include new DLC trophies similar to the first DLC list. I know I'll struggle to start, but hopefully they aren't any more difficult than challenge #45.  My only frustration will be relearning combat mechanics, but once I do, I'm sure I'll enjoy my time in this free content update. 

How are you guys feeling about this just coming off the previous update?

Video inside spoiler tag below!

Spoiler

• Like 1

Looking forward to this.

I have long since forgotten how to play this game, and was hesitant to jump back in for the previous dlc since relearning the game sounds daunting to me. Knowing that this will be the last update makes me excited to jump back in whenever it releases, knowing that I won't have to relearn this game again in the future.

1 hour ago, Gonzo7166 said:

Looking forward to this.

I have long since forgotten how to play this game, and was hesitant to jump back in for the previous dlc since relearning the game sounds daunting to me. Knowing that this will be the last update makes me excited to jump back in whenever it releases, knowing that I won't have to relearn this game again in the future.

If you got the platinum on the original difficulty or higher, the first dlc pack shouldn't be a problem. Short little challenges that are fun to race through. 

46 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Assuming there will be trophies? Then I'll wait until it's released to play it.

They have done multiple title updates without trophies but did with this last one. So I'm leaning yes to trophies, but there is a chance there won't be. I'd agree that if you want 100% of the trophies, wait it out until this gets released. 

12 minutes ago, damcrac5 said:

If you got the platinum on the original difficulty or higher, the first dlc pack shouldn't be a problem. Short little challenges that are fun to race through. 

They have done multiple title updates without trophies but did with this last one. So I'm leaning yes to trophies, but there is a chance there won't be. I'd agree that if you want 100% of the trophies, wait it out until this gets released. 

I'll just wait for good measure. I have a bunch of other things I can do first anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope they don't add more trophies to this final update. If they do I hope it'll be easier than 45# because I'm still stuck on that, waiting for the new update. 

It seems that the challenges will be different as there's a new seal with a dragon instead of a tiger. 

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

I don’t know if you guys have seen this second trailer for the update but the silhouettes of all 5 bosses standing together on the skyscraper facing down the protagonist implies that will be the final challenge. 

I’m guessing it will involve fighting them one after another with the same health bar, I can’t imagine they would make you fight multiple bosses at the same time  

19 hours ago, FullMetalSarok said:

I don’t know if you guys have seen this second trailer for the update but the silhouettes of all 5 bosses standing together on the skyscraper facing down the protagonist implies that will be the final challenge. 

I’m guessing it will involve fighting them one after another with the same health bar, I can’t imagine they would make you fight multiple bosses at the same time  

I did not see it until now but I think you are right. Some kind of roulette of combat. It shows combat against large groups of enemies as they add bosses. Whether it's all 5 in the same challenge, I am really dreading additional trophies.  It was already tough enough facing the last boss by himself..

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Don't think so, normally new throphies sync on psn a day before the update but lets wait until the dlc arrives. 

The devs said on twitter its available at 15.00 CET. They did also post a small snippet that you can play as Yang in a few challenges, which is pretty cool.

14 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

There are 10 new achievements for Xbox version it seems. 

https://www.exophase.com/game/sifu-xbox/achievements/

I guess they'll also be added to PS.

Well spotted! Hmmm they do look doable on a first glance. No gold stamps needed but only clear requirements. 

The 240 stamps might be tricky if there is not much leeway. The custom mode and modifiers do look interesting, maybe it makes things easier. 

21 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Well spotted! Hmmm they do look doable on a first glance. No gold stamps needed but only clear requirements. 

The 240 stamps might be tricky if there is not much leeway. The custom mode and modifiers do look interesting, maybe it makes things easier. 

I believe ther was 45 challenges in the first pack, plus 75 here. Means that you need to average 2 stamps per challenge to get to 240.  That will make this much harder to achieve. Real question is if the trailer with all the bosses together is a thing, such as fighting them one after another until they are all defeated. 

• Like 1

Argh. Doesn't look easy at all. Yeah, that 240 stamps will prove challenging.

Also, I never could master throwing - that will make the heliport arena throw all enemies out a pain.

Who knows how straightforward the remaining new trophies will be. To top it off, I need to do it for both the PS4 and PS5 version.

Maybe some tips will start pouring in on how to do them as more people attempt them. Sigh, shakes fist at the devs... I won't support you after this game!

• Like 1

I'm getting so pumped! This is one of my favorite games from the last few years, so having new trophies gives me a reason to come back to it. I'm glad they didn't put any ridiculous gold stamp requirements. I feel like it is incredibly fair to set the bar at a two stamp average. Some of the challenge types/modes click with me more than others so having the flexibility to one stamp some things is a nice way to balance the challenge. 

Edit: Just checked my trophy list on my PS5 and the new DLC pack has been added. Strangely, it hasn't been added to my PS4 stack. 

Edited by iamthedotcom

3 hours ago, vinster said:

Argh. Doesn't look easy at all. Yeah, that 240 stamps will prove challenging.

Also, I never could master throwing - that will make the heliport arena throw all enemies out a pain.

Who knows how straightforward the remaining new trophies will be. To top it off, I need to do it for both the PS4 and PS5 version.

Maybe some tips will start pouring in on how to do them as more people attempt them. Sigh, shakes fist at the devs... I won't support you after this game!

My dude, the update is free. You liked the game well enough you literally played it twice. Why are you mad now? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fr_0zt said:

I can already tell A LOT of people won't get 100% back, me included.  Some of the modifiers are straight up unfair.

I'll try but it looks like it'll be another L on my list. 

After looking, might have to agree with you lmao, I have other games to play and this won’t help my stress 

• Like 1