No Trophy Deleting in PS System Update

Titanomachy_75

Reading through all this, there's another instance where I think it would be reasonable to allow for list deletions below a certain threshold (let's say 4% completion, cause it's an arbitrary number I just picked): PS3 games without a cross-platform counterpart or PSN+ access. I only say this because PS3's aren't made anymore and when the last few finally burn out, that's that. Unless full backwards compatibility finally happens (unlikely, so far) or a legal alternative is made (also unlikely, but sudden thought, a PS3 Mini would be neat), there's no going back. And yes, I fully acknowledge this is a special snowflake argument. You were there, you started whatever game, you got X% and should have to live with it. Doesn't change that this might become more of a question or a straight up requested feature as time does it's thing.

All things being equal, I think most of use would prefer backwards compatibility.

• 2 months later...

I just want to delete duplicated trophies (PS5 and PS4) or a way to merge them, or at least hide them for everyone (including our own trohpy list).

Sooner or later they will release a Skyrim or The Witcher 3 for PS6 8K edition and here we go again, a 3rd fucking trophy list in your profile, maybe you want to platinum again but first delete the old PS4 trophies of the same game or PS Stars missions.. like Sea of Stars, needs trophies for the PS5 version.

Edited by DarkBlood-ARG

On 8/2/2023 at 3:01 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

There is a pretty sizeable contingent who mislabel common perfectionism or atelophobia as "OCD" - and seem to think one is the other, simply because one can be a part of the other.

Atelophobia can often be one way in which obsessive compulsive disorders manifest...

... but it is just that - one of the symptoms - never the only one, and rarely the most debilitating one.

I suffer with OCD and it's annoying and can be upsetting when so many throw that word around like it's nothing.

I feel that if any of these people actually had OCD. Then the feeling of absolute dread among other things. Would have made them create a new account.

I really envy the people that just don't get or understand what OCD is. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/27/2023 at 6:15 AM, DarkBlood-ARG said:

I just want to delete duplicated trophies (PS5 and PS4) or a way to fuse them, or at least hide them for everyone (including our own trohpy list).

Sooner or later they will release a Skyrim or The Witcher 3 for PS6 8K edition and here we go again, a 3rd fucking trophy list in your profile, maybe you want to platinum again but first delete the old PS4 trophies of the same game or PS Stars missions.. like Sea of Stars, needs trophies for the PS5 version.

I wish there'd be little duplicate lists. I'm fine with Remastered or Remake lists (I wish they were all slightly different to add more challenges/tasks) but yeah, when you have, let's say, LEGO 2K DRIVE which releases on both PS4 and PS5, it should be one list only.

Merging already existing lists would be cool, but undoable unfortunately.

• Like 1