No Trophy Deleting in PS System Update

Titanomachy_75

1 minute ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Just because OCD goes beyond cleaning/tidy (germs) and obsessing over a "perfect" trophy list doesn't mean those aren't in the ballpark.  Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior.

Nobody said it was fun, so if you get insulted by that, it's because you're trying to make it insulting.  Maybe view the poor guy freaking out on the Friday the 13th thread over them breaking his %100 list for an example of how it can affect something as simple/meaningless(to some) as a trophy list

Its true that perfectionism can be a part of ocd but perfectionism or having the need to have things a certain way isnt ocd in itself. Clearly you dont know what ocd is otherwise you wouldnt have phrased it the way you did.

It is insulting because ive seen alot of times where people describe their perfectionism as having ocd. Dont confuse the two.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Are you actually kidding, take the L for what exactly?

Sounds like you're genuinely either hanging around in some kind of echo chamber a lot of the time or you're mistaking the amount you individually passionately care about the issue as reflective of everyone else. 

Yes, way more people unironically care about the beep (I don't, to clarify) than people who care about deleting earned trophies. This is a trophy dedicated website and even here it's a very small minority, let alone out there in the wider gaming community. Meanwhile the beep has dozens of posts and clips on various social media with dozens of likes and retweets (sorry, re...Xs?), forums, Reddit posts, relatively mainsteam level articles written especially to talk about it etc.

Heck, more people in the wider gaming community complain about the beep than the shovelware epidemic, even though if you were to read this forum you'd think it was the burning #1 issue on Playstation xD (for the record I think they should crack down on shovelware, I'm just using it as another example of something that seems bigger on here than it does in the wider Playstation scene)

The one major thing that off the top of my head people are calling for that outranks the beep is folders and themes which someone did mention already, that's what people are well and truly crying out for, not bloody trophy deletion lol.

Where's the data to support that a lot of people passionately care about the option to delete trophies? Where's the campaign at? It's very quiet I must say. Just because you may personally routinely speak to people about it doesn't make it reflective of the wider public. In the event I find some people who are loosely supportive to the idea of deleting incomplete trophy lists I tend to find that they just didn't know you could hide trophy lists/games and merely telling them that solved their problem.

Realistically proportionally no-one is crying out for this, that's just objective reality whether you like it or not.

Clearly you didn't read then if you think I care about what someone else does. The issue was not one of individual choice, it was that the changes required to support choice does effect other people. To want to impose these changes just so you can have an additional layer beyond hiding is rather selfish if you think about it. It's like, I don't care if you like to shit outside and don't like to use toilets, but if you're shitting on my lawn or someone elses then I'm going to take issue with it. Either get over it and learn to use a toilet or just realise that people aren't going to happily accomodate for your pooping habits.

THIS!! ☝️????????

Definitely against it, there are next to no benefits to it really, and I am saying that as someone who wouldn't exactly enjoy getting an unobtainable on his profile, but the risks far outweigh whatever tiny benefit there may be. There are WAY too many "got hacked", "bro/son/buddy/drunk me" deleted savefiles or posted bad things stories that would quickly turn into "X deleted all my trophies" stories, not to mention how a buggy system could, well, bug out too and end up erasing years of work just because some people who can't manage their obsession refuse to hide a game they can't be bothered to complete after starting it.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Its true that perfectionism can be a part of ocd but perfectionism or having the need to have things a certain way isnt ocd in itself. Clearly you dont know what ocd is otherwise you wouldnt have phrased it the way you did.

It is insulting because ive seen alot of times where people describe their perfectionism as having ocd. Dont confuse the two.

I probably only suffer from a mild variant and it's mainly orderliness and cleanliness that's the problem for me. Everything in my home has to be ordered in a certain way, placed together with specific distances in-between. I can also wash my hands a little too much and I need to clean my apartment excessively if to be satisfied with the result.

For example, I use a yardstick to confirm that everything from my furniture to my chinaware is perfectly centered in relation to each other. Simply trusting my eyesight is not enough as that only causes further anxiety since I have to know it's placed accordingly. When cleaning the floors, I like to use a towel and wipe it manually in a structured way, often changing the water as the idea of rubbing dirty water around is disgusting.

My older half-brother when younger suffered from having to count his steps as soon as he got off the schoolbus and if he miscounted, he had to walk back and start from the beginning. When it was at its worst, he would often be home late and completely exhausted. I highly suspect I've gotten some of this from my mother's side, as there isn't a trace of this in my father.

I'm fully aware that the true victims of OCD have it far, far worse. I agree that it's generally an expression that's getting used a little too carefree, but I think I'm qualified - if only ever so slightly.?

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Clearly you understood the explanation of the post and are just looking to pick an argument.

Get over yourself ?

Kbai

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I would also like to follow this up by saying that the biggest difference between Perfectionism and ocd is that one is something you willing choose to do and the other is one you legitimately can't control.

You can at some point probably develop some kind of psychological dependence on earning trophies but at that point that isn't ocd either.

We don't say overachiever's are ocd(I hope) or say a drug abuser is ocd.

I've been diagnosed with Asperger so I probably have some mild from of ocd and adhd considering Asperger and them have some kind of overlap.

Tho I would hardly consider myself to have them because I don't personally see much effect from them(or at least not in very negative ways) 

Ppl who have full blown ocd I really feel for, they have it rough.

Some have a hard time even functioning in the world or struggle greatly.

Ok that was needless, post over.

But just food for thought.

14 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Not to end up derailing too far down the OCD and other such conditions hole but if there's one pet peeve I have these days is that people self-diagnose and diagnose others with so many conditions and mental health issues simply because they have 1 or 2 reasonable 'quirks' that may be related or assumed to be part of them. 

There is a pretty sizeable contingent who mislabel common perfectionism or atelophobia as "OCD" - and seem to think one is the other, simply because one can be a part of the other.

Atelophobia can often be one way in which obsessive compulsive disorders manifest...

... but it is just that - one of the symptoms - never the only one, and rarely the most debilitating one.

I had seen this thread and thought they had removed the ability to remove 0% lists for a minute, did not open it and expect the usual from people wanting to remove entire lists etc. It would need lots of work for them to do it like triple passwords and things you need to confirm via your phone or gods knows what else I mean I doubt this thing would be secured, so you should probably be happy it is not a thing imagine losing everything I think then you would be moaning at Sony that you want it all back and them having big issues in doing so.

I might be wrong but I'm almost positive Sony already addressed this around the time they implemented the ability to delete 0% lists.

Some folks on twitter were were asking to be able delete partially completed lists and Sony responded saying that wasn't going to happen, because to do would undermine the integrity of the trophy system.

Edited by GezB-686
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, GezB-686 said:

I might be wrong but I'm almost positive Sony already addressed this around the time they implemented the ability to delete 0% lists.

Some folks on twitter were were asking to be able delete partially completed lists and Sony responded saying that wasn't going to happen, because to do would undermine the integrity of the trophy system.

Yes this and thankfully so:
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/03/why_will_ps4_firmware_update_250_restrict_trophy_removal_to_titles_at_0_per_cent

There is already a hide function that people can use.

The ability to delete trophies manually makes about as much sense as the ability to add trophies manually. 

• Like 2

In my old dumb days I'd want the ability to delete whole trophy lists too. But as I am now about six profiles later (and kinda regretting it) and no longer seem to care as much because I'm an old fart now, I'm glad this isn't a thing. It would mean I gave up my old lists ultimately for no reason, and it's just utterly pointless. Don't put trophies ahead of the games. Use the 'hidden' feature (I recently tested it out and I think I might go back to using it. I thought maybe people might think I'm a cheater but now I remember - I don't actually care what people think; it's for my eyes only) because it works great in conjunction with the trophy advisor if you're like me and sometimes struggle with deciding what to work on next. You don't need to finish every game 100%. It's what you've ACHIEVED and if you've only got 12% you only got 12%. 

On 02/08/2023 at 3:36 PM, JohnCenaSong- said:

Not to end up derailing too far down the OCD and other such conditions hole but if there's one pet peeve I have these days is that people self-diagnose and diagnose others with so many conditions and mental health issues simply because they have 1 or 2 reasonable 'quirks' that may be related or assumed to be part of them. 

I find it quite disrespectful to those who have to live with such things day to day to see folk casually say 'omg I'm so totes OCD', 'lol that's my ADHD speaking', wow, aren't you so quirky and different xD same with anxiety and depression, particularly as someone who has suffered with depression myself. And the amount of times I see people claiming other folk of being narcissists, sociopaths or psychopaths too...

Nowadays the latest trend I tend to see is just overusing and mistakingly using the term gaslighting but at least that's not pathologising people lol. Sometimes they're just phases, the latest buzzwords to use. I'm probably like 6 months behind on what the actual latest trends are though because, well, that's just what happens when you're out of touch like I am xD

Oh my, forgot to take your meds today??

On 02/08/2023 at 4:01 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

There is a pretty sizeable contingent who mislabel common perfectionism or atelophobia as "OCD" - and seem to think one is the other, simply because one can be a part of the other.

Atelophobia can often be one way in which obsessive compulsive disorders manifest...

... but it is just that - one of the symptoms - never the only one, and rarely the most debilitating one.

Funny thing you brought that up. I've always been impairing myself as if I don't think I can do something that's up to my own - or others - standards, I refrain from doing it altogether - trust me, the cost has been high.

And look, I understand that these topics are sensitive and people can be annoyed over mislabeling - and rightfully so - but it's not like all people will lay themselves entirely naked here for everyone to see - meaning you don't exactly have all the puzzle pieces either.

Hopefully I didn't step on anybody's toes too much; it certainly wasn't my intention.?