No Trophy Deleting in PS System Update

Titanomachy_75

9 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

But a person that stacks regional list usually checks,double checks  and like me tripple checks a stack list before even starting it. So you have yourself to blame for it. Not rest of us.

I think you might just not be aware of this situation. Gearbox updated a game like 8 years later and added a trophy pack to the region (that was never released) when they patched it to transfer your character when the game was rereleased on PS4. They even acknowledged the situation and chose to not fix it. No amount of checking would have helped in this case. Were not talking about waiting a year or 2, but 8 years. Trying to put the blame on the player is ridiculous, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were unaware.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

8 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I think you might just not be aware of this situation. Gearbox updated a game like 8 years later and added a trophy pack to the region (that was never released) when they patched it to transfer your character when the game was rereleased on PS4. They even acknowledged the situation and chose to not fix it. No amount of checking would have helped in this case. Were not talking about waiting a year or 2, but 8 years. Trying to put the blame on the player is ridiculous, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were unaware.

But who cares ? Its 10 trophies man. Im a completionist to, why should i cry about a game i cant finnish(fuse and Kz:mercs). i dont care about a game if devs messed up. 

Annyways if sony should of fixed something its all those 0/10 in diffculty games. They should of never allowed that in the first place.

They destroyed the LB. People that are hard working for their plats and completion are run over by someone thats used 1year and they got 1000 plats. Compared to a person thats used 14years  and only has 650. Its wrong.  Or me for instance im only on 202 in 7yrs(all hard work).

Its wrong so sony implementing trophy deletion process will just make it even 10 times worse.

So im totaly against it. Even if you have 10 unobtainables or 1000, im against it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

But who cares ? Its 10 trophies man. Im a completionist to, why should i cry about a game i cant finnish(fuse and Kz:mercs). i dont care about a game if devs messed up. 

Annyways if sony should of fixed something its all those 0/10 in diffculty games. They should of never allowed that in the first place.

They destroyed the LB. People that are hard working for their plats and completion are run over by someone thats used 1year and they got 1000 plats. Compared to a person thats used 14years  and only has 650. Its wrong.  Or me for instance im only on 202 in 7yrs(all hard work).

Its wrong so sony implementing trophy deletion process will just make it even 10 times worse.

So im totaly against it. Even if you have 10 unobtainables or 1000, im against it.

I agree with you, shovelware should never have been allowed to exist on PSN. In fact, it got so bad Sony had to change the PS5 store to hide it. However, that really is a different topic.

It's perfectly fine if you do not want the system or choose to not use it if it existed. It doesn't impact you in any sense. Someone deleting a game off their profile does not undo any of your hard work or mine. I've been playing since 2008 (15 years). Me removing a game has no impact on your profile and doesn't change the fact I have completed over 500 games.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 4

Rather than adding a delete feature

Sony should improve how the hidden feature work

Games should be allowed to be hidden but once hidden, users don't see the trophies or game, kinda like the game library hidelist

BUT

Once the the user restarts the game, the trophy list is then brought back out of hiding along with the game showing on their gamelist

I think this way people cannot abuse deleting games just to reload a save to be on a fastest leaderboard(as some had brought up)

Now I do not say here but just leaderboard in general because Sony doesn't care about PSNP

Though PSNP do have the infamous "H" to show people, user has hidden stuff..maybe PSNP need to improve, and change that and only mods see it

But maybe its not possible? because its outdated software, like how our profile border color cannot be changed because it was in a way linked to PS3 software

• Like 4

Maby it's just a ploy (Insert DEMON face here). They know how OCD we are, and it will get us to keep buying DLCS, playing a game that maby a micro transaction can get you that trophy easier, ext... It's all about that money money baby, and letting you delete stuff isn't going to score them anything. Just the way of the world unfortunately. ? 

4 hours ago, Helyx said:

Is that why you made a new account last year?

One of the reasons yeah… Couldn’t get it on my old cause of server down games and im enjoying the Hunt way more, now that i also have a 100% acoount ?

Edited by SaiyanSenshi

21 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

And hope we can now delete games with trophies unlocked! But for 10 years and counting nothing!!! Why is Sony not giving what most people are looking for in these updates!!

I think you grossly overestimate the amount of people who want this. It would utterly destroy rarity. I think it would be a huge mistake for Sony to implement deleting trophy lists.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Viper said:

God, considering how people absolutely lost their minds on here about Shovelware being the worst thing they've ever seen in the exitance of humanity, I can only imagine how insane this place would get with all the people that would delete things until they had 100% profiles. 

That's what keeping tabs are for!?

19 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Most people? Almost no-one is asking for this.

I mean... they already have features for this... like hiding trophies/hiding games. For the vast majority of the playerbase on PlayStation this 'issue' has been more or less solved already if it even was an issue for anyone, and you can delete 0%s that you've never played.

It's a very small number of people, predominantly 100% completionists who use THIS site that seem to still have issue with not being able to delete trophies and much of it is because hidden trophies gives people a 'H' on their PSNP profile.

My experience is that I've been hearing about deleting lists ever since I started frequenting PST.

And it's definitely not just completionists but just about everyone that is bothered by getting an unwanted label.

19 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

Also literally no one cares about others' lists. who even checks others' "history"? it's not even a real representations, as some play games on other platforms, and again multiple accounts.

I can only speak for myself, but I often find inspiration from what others play and complete. As self-centred as I am, I like to check upon others between games to see what they've been up to. Only a complete narcissist stick to himself.

18 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The problem is that the person that hides it can still see it on their own account.  They know it's still there.

That's pretty much the issue. I would personally never find peace if I had to hide something from others. Getting that label might be necessary for the site to function as it is, but it's of course not helping the ones  afflicted by it.

17 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's more that i think sony's servers aren't designed with the level of functionality like ms' servers.

Yep, that's also what I recall being the main issue.

17 hours ago, Craggle95 said:

This cured my OCD. You are a miracle worker 

Haha, indeed. If it only was that simple.?

16 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Why would you delete trophies??

Mostly due to psychology, I reckon. The grass is always greener on the other side. But even if they would be able to, I doubt they would find peace.

12 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Literally the only reason anyone would want this change, is because a small (and rapidly shrinking) minority of fart-sniffers have campaigned relentlessly to convince people that having a little blue "H" on their profile on third-party, non-Sony-affiliated sites like this one, singles them out as some kind of pariah.

Fart-sniffers? The unnecessary labeling aside, it shouldn't be very hard to understand that people normally don't appreciate being singled out - objectively speaking, of course.

10 hours ago, FlashbekBR said:

EDIT: People are really bringing OCD into discussion? I mean, it's a serious condition. Seek help. The system does not need to be "fixed", you do.

Seek help? Too late for that!?

10 hours ago, monteblommie said:

It's really not the end of the world to not have 100%

Why, yes it is.?

8 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Are you actually kidding, take the L for what exactly?

Sounds like you're genuinely either hanging around in some kind of echo chamber a lot of the time or you're mistaking the amount you individually passionately care about the issue as reflective of everyone else. 

Yes, way more people unironically care about the beep (I don't, to clarify) than people who care about deleting earned trophies. This is a trophy dedicated website and even here it's a very small minority, let alone out there in the wider gaming community. Meanwhile the beep has dozens of posts and clips on various social media with dozens of likes and retweets (sorry, re...Xs?), forums, Reddit posts, relatively mainsteam level articles written especially to talk about it etc.

Heck, more people in the wider gaming community complain about the beep than the shovelware epidemic, even though if you were to read this forum you'd think it was the burning #1 issue on Playstation xD (for the record I think they should crack down on shovelware, I'm just using it as another example of something that seems bigger on here than it does in the wider Playstation scene)

The one major thing that off the top of my head people are calling for that outranks the beep is folders and themes which someone did mention already, that's what people are well and truly crying out for, not bloody trophy deletion lol.

Where's the data to support that a lot of people passionately care about the option to delete trophies? Where's the campaign at? It's very quiet I must say. Just because you may personally routinely speak to people about it doesn't make it reflective of the wider public. In the event I find some people who are loosely supportive to the idea of deleting incomplete trophy lists I tend to find that they just didn't know you could hide trophy lists/games and merely telling them that solved their problem.

Realistically proportionally no-one is crying out for this, that's just objective reality whether you like it or not.

Like I stated in a reply above, people have wished for deletion of trophies since time immemorial and the evidence can be found on most trophy sites if you look carefully enough. It mostly died down after Sony gifted us 0% deletion and no further pushes seemed effective.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 2

There would be at least one really good reason to implement this. Bullshit situations like Borderlands PS3 japanese version, where Gearbox made the error to update the trophie list with the 4th dlc without ever releasing it. As a completionist this is just a nightmare, i mean i had a close call with the game remnant where the dlc subject 2923 had a bugged trophie, nearly ending my 100% acc..

Server closure, bugged trophies after update, trophies lists which require both the digital and physical version of games and all those trash time limited trophies (looking at you nba 2ktrash) would be no problem anymore. It would made at least my life and many other completionist life way easier.

2 minutes ago, RGCommander said:

No, so many people are not requesting this feature. I, for one (and many others based on the posts) don't want it. I can think of at least 10 things I want before "I can't 100% this list it must be removed!" comes up on my list.

Agree, if anything breaking a 100% trophy card is a blessing in disguise - they just don’t know it yet..  Freedom.  

11 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Agree, if anything breaking a 100% trophy card is a blessing in disguise - they just don’t know it yet..  Freedom.  

You know I have two with 100% profiles and sometimes I think how long can they(or anyone who actually has one) keep it up.

Seems pretty stressful to do for over ten years.

Mind you they're beastly gamers so I can't imagine they will be breaking there's anytime soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

You know I have two with 100% profiles and sometimes I think how long can they(or anyone who actually has one) keep it up.

Seems pretty stressful to do for over ten years.

Mind you they're beastly gamers so I can't imagine they will be breaking there's anytime soon.

Not everyone with a 100% acc has that kind of a mindset. If they willingly avoid playing games because of certain trophies it is clearly their own fault. I play the games i want to play but at the same time i want to keep my 100%. It is not that hard to understand really.

• Like 1

Just now, Laxus-0 said:

Not everyone with a 100% acc has that kind of a mindset. If they willingly avoid playing games because of certain trophies it is clearly their own fault. I play the games i want to play but at the same time i want to keep my 100%. It is not that hard to understand really. 

I'm not saying that like it's absolute.

Just in my experiences and in most cases with trophy hunters I've talk with personally. They get fairly stressed out(100% account or not) but the ones with perfect profiles seem especially like that.

If you been handling it well and don't use a alt account to boot then my hats off to you good sir.

19 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

The problem is that the person that hides it can still see it on their own account.  They know it's still there.

We're talking serious level of OCD (not taking a jab at anyone - I actually started a new account due to a couple of server shutdowns that I couldn't complete in time.  Now I have 3 unobtainables I would delete, but meh, I outgrew it)

Please dont throw around the word OCD because that has nothing to do with OCD. People use the word like its something to be proud of. Mis-informed people think OCD means having things tidy or neat or it involves their whole trophy list habits. Please educate yourself what OCD is. Its super insulting when people throw around the word particularly on this site like its a “fun” thing to have. Its not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Finalcorehearts said:

Wait..you can still hide them from your profile so whats the issue?

Ppl can't look as perfect as they want is more or less the issue.

Think of a canvas with the most symmetrical shape and the most perfect blend of colors.

Then in the most upper left hand corner, is a tiny peice of dog shit(the blue H) 

1 hour ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I think the request of trophy deletion comes from the need to appear in a way we normally can't be or maybe the idea of of what we see as perfection.

I gonna come off old but I'm noticing a big problem(yes I said a problem) with the generation I come from is this ambition to be perfect(Mine is based on childhood trama, what's yours? )

So we see are profile's as a way to project this idea of ourselves out into the world.

And not let us or other ppl see spots of failure, or times when we couldn't be bothered to care about something.

I have two friends on PSN who both have 100% accounts both are great btw at games.

But they both suffer from the whole needing to be perfect mentally.

I love those guys but they do tend to let trophies decide what and how they play games(sometimes out right avoiding some) 

That's why I don't personally want to ever see a trophy feature that lets you Prema delete your trophy list's.

It sorta is just giving ppl(including my monkey brain) to fall for this fake since of perfection.

Using alt account's already kinda does that, but ya know 1f605.png

I see my gaming history as my straight up honest gaming self and interests.

If I put a 1% game on there and didn't quite feel like going for the plat(hey Strange Brigade) or a game that's legit unobtainable(oh look Wanted Dead1f620.png)

I know I'm not trying to win the losing battle of being someone I'm not, a person who doesn't mess up ever.

Maybe that was too deep, it's just video games bro. 1f643.png

To begin with, I'm not in the camp of hiding anything, but I certainly understand that many who are don't necessarily like being marked for it.

I always appreciate when people discern their motive as that often translate into a genuine conversation, so props for that. For me, it's not so much about perfection, but rather building a profile that, when looked upon in its entirety, brings me satisfaction. Unfortunately, that platou is not easily found, thus you find yourself in a never-ending spiral that is extremely hard to break free from.

Personally,  I enjoy reading posts such as yours the most, so no, I don't think it was too deep. If anything, more of that is what's needed.?

45 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Please dont throw around the word OCD because that has nothing to do with OCD. People use the word like its something to be proud of. Mis-informed people think OCD means having things tidy or neat or it involves their whole trophy list habits. Please educate yourself what OCD is. Its super insulting when people throw around the word particularly on this site like its a “fun” thing to have. 

Just because OCD goes beyond cleaning/tidy (germs) and obsessing over a "perfect" trophy list doesn't mean those aren't in the ballpark.  Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior.

Nobody said it was fun, so if you get insulted by that, it's because you're trying to make it insulting.  Maybe view the poor guy freaking out on the Friday the 13th thread over them breaking his %100 list for an example of how it can affect something as simple/meaningless(to some) as a trophy list

• Like 1