No Trophy Deleting in PS System Update

Titanomachy_75

I can see both sides of the argument, I couldn’t really care either way. I have a few 10-20% or under which I have no interest in ever playing but I’ve came to terms with that along time ago.

If given the choice though I’d get rid of the few shovel ware platinums that I have. That’s about it.

12 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

When these are listed first thing I check is Update to trophies! And hope we can now delete games with trophies unlocked! But for 10 years and counting nothing!!! Why is Sony not giving what most people are looking for in these updates!! I mean they release awhile back you can delete games at 0% I mean this was a small step forward but nothing in many years now! Hope can we contact Sony and make this happen its going on to far now!! We need this feature now!!! 

Why do we need this feature? There's 100s of other things I'd rather Sony work on than fiddle with the trophy system?

If it has bothered you that much for 10 years, you could've just started a new account in that time where you can curate everything.

I have unobtainable trophies and I never once thought about deleting them, more about wishing the servers were online again or bugged trophies were fixed, which are issues I can take up with the devs.

4 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

I really really hope this never happens! Then everybody can easily maintain and create a 100% account… What would be the fun in that? No sir you gotta work for it! The leaderboards are already messed up with all the easy platinums. This would make even worse… 

How do you wanna work for it when Gearbox decide to make the claptrap dlc list without the dlc existing for the borderlands JP edition??? So yes im for trophie deleting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

OH YES!!! I guess 100% PS users are asking for teh beep to be removed RIGHT???? 

No one said that and it's partially a meme. But, it is certainly the case that far far more people are asking for that than the ability to fully Thanos snap earned trophies at least.

1 hour ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

come on last I heard people always saying give people options but thats not good anymore mm??

I'm a huge fan of choices and options and I'm an advocate for accessibility options etc. Also, I try to encourage the space to be accommodating to people of all types including those who are neurodivergent and/or may be sensitive to things that others are not (like some shady monetisation practices) so they can still get the fullest out of this medium and not be left behind or alienated.

However, the OCD types of which this very specific scenario effects where hiding the games is somehow 'not enough' to solve is so small and the side-effects of implementing such a choice for others outweigh any marginal benefit a few overly sensitive trophy hunters may gain (not taking into account it also takes time and resources that could be spent elsewhere in improving UI and other quality of life features...). I'll also take the time to highlight this lesser spoken of issue that can arise because it's something I neglected to think of either:

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Trophy percentages are really useful data for developers and for industry media etc.

All in all it really does feel like a situation of just 'suck it up' and 'it's a you problem'. You cannot expect everything to always adjust and accomodate specifically to suit for you, especially if it's at the cost of other people. I don't think people who ask for this quite realise that you're not truly just asking for an option as such, you're effectively asking for a sweeping change to how the trophy system inherently works in order to allow you that option, an option you effectively already have through hiding the game and it's trophies and deleting 0% lists.

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I am also a firm believer that the H on PSNP does more good than harm...

I blame people rather than the feature. It may seem kinda arbitrary but it is just factual information. The account has hidden 'x' trophies, which they have, so I kinda like that it's there. I don't hide games personally so I've never made use of the H to see how many I have hidden myself but it's a somewhat neat curiosity to see how many is under there for anyone who does have the H.

What the problem stems from oftentimes is the assumptions people make over that H. 'you totally hid games you just found too hard to finish' or 'You must have got flagged for cheating and hid them' and general derogatory 'your completion % is fake, you suck' type comments. It's like, who gives a damn why someone chose to hide a game?

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The solution to that is not asking Sony to destroy the integrity of their useful statistics to acquiesce to that false standard...

...it's to stop caring what some random internet Neck-Beard thinks of your profile.

Amen to this generally.

There's always going to be some fool out there who has issues with what you have played/haven't played/your completion%/hidden games... etc. and honestly if they care that much about a strangers videogame profile then odds are they're the ones with the problem, not worth worrying about and just let them stew in their pissy pants xD keep on having a swell time and do you.

And on a final note because it made me chuckle a little

4 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Then you would get a big blue D for deleting trophies, the hiding feature is their answer to unwanted trophy lists.

All this fuss over being able to delete on Playstation officially to avoid the dreaded H when PSNP could very well easily decide to implement a D for said deleted games anyway rendering the whole exercise pointless as people will now be complaining about the D on their profiles instead xD.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

No one said that and it's partially a meme. But, it is certainly the case that far far more people are asking for that than the ability to fully Thanos snap earned trophies at least.

I'm a huge fan of choices and options and I'm an advocate for accessibility options etc. Also, I try to encourage the space to be accommodating to people of all types including those who are neurodivergent and/or may be sensitive to things that others are not (like some shady monetisation practices) so they can still get the fullest out of this medium and not be left behind or alienated.

However, the OCD types of which this very specific scenario effects where hiding the games is somehow 'not enough' to solve is so small and the side-effects of implementing such a choice for others outweigh any marginal benefit a few overly sensitive trophy hunters may gain (not taking into account it also takes time and resources that could be spent elsewhere in improving UI and other quality of life features...). I'll also take the time to highlight this lesser spoken of issue that can arise because it's something I neglected to think of either:

All in all it really does feel like a situation of just 'suck it up' and 'it's a you problem'. You cannot expect everything to always adjust and accomodate specifically to suit for you, especially if it's at the cost of other people. I don't think people who ask for this quite realise that you're not truly just asking for an option as such, you're effectively asking for a sweeping change to how the trophy system inherently works in order to allow you that option, an option you effectively already have through hiding the game and it's trophies and deleting 0% lists.

I blame people rather than the feature. It may seem kinda arbitrary but it is just factual information. The account has hidden 'x' trophies, which they have, so I kinda like that it's there. I don't hide games personally so I've never made use of the H to see how many I have hidden myself but it's a somewhat neat curiosity to see how many is under there for anyone who does have the H.

What the problem stems from oftentimes is the assumptions people make over that H. 'you totally hid games you just found too hard to finish' or 'You must have got flagged for cheating and hid them' and general derogatory 'your completion % is fake, you suck' type comments. It's like, who gives a damn why someone chose to hide a game?

Amen to this generally.

There's always going to be some fool out there who has issues with what you have played/haven't played/your completion%/hidden games... etc. and honestly if they care that much about a strangers videogame profile then odds are they're the ones with the problem, not worth worrying about and just let them stew in their pissy pants xD keep on having a swell time and do you.

And on a final note because it made me chuckle a little

All this fuss over being able to delete on Playstation officially to avoid the dreaded H when PSNP could very well easily decide to implement a D for said deleted games anyway rendering the whole exercise pointless as people will now be complaining about the D on their profiles instead xD.

Dude if you think more people are asking for a beep to be removed then trophies your insane just stop and take the L! It seems more people are worried what other people are doing! I never hear well I or I will its you dont need it why do you want that! Thats what is wrong with the world poeple are focus on other people! focus on you! And why are you worried what other people do! lol

Totally against it for two reasons i see coming up.

First it will become hard to find cheaters who popped trophies out of order cause they will just claim to have deleted them without syncing first.

Second it will screw achievements like "fastest Plat"

e.g. STAR WARS: SQUADRONS

Take the 50 and 1000 kills in dogfights trophies.

50 can be achieved in a day, 1000 took me 2 weeks.

Now you can delete the 50 kills trophy after getting it.. And then?

Will it pop again after the next kill or at the same time as 1000 kills? This would screw with the whole system in place to make trophies pop when goals are met.

And regarding deleting whole games, we already can hide them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Are you actually kidding, take the L for what exactly?

Sounds like you're genuinely either hanging around in some kind of echo chamber a lot of the time or you're mistaking the amount you individually passionately care about the issue as reflective of everyone else. 

Yes, way more people unironically care about the beep (I don't, to clarify) than people who care about deleting earned trophies. This is a trophy dedicated website and even here it's a very small minority, let alone out there in the wider gaming community. Meanwhile the beep has dozens of posts and clips on various social media with dozens of likes and retweets (sorry, re...Xs?), forums, Reddit posts, relatively mainsteam level articles written especially to talk about it etc.

Heck, more people in the wider gaming community complain about the beep than the shovelware epidemic, even though if you were to read this forum you'd think it was the burning #1 issue on Playstation xD (for the record I think they should crack down on shovelware, I'm just using it as another example of something that seems bigger on here than it does in the wider Playstation scene)

The one major thing that off the top of my head people are calling for that outranks the beep is folders and themes which someone did mention already, that's what people are well and truly crying out for, not bloody trophy deletion lol.

Where's the data to support that a lot of people passionately care about the option to delete trophies? Where's the campaign at? It's very quiet I must say. Just because you may personally routinely speak to people about it doesn't make it reflective of the wider public. In the event I find some people who are loosely supportive to the idea of deleting incomplete trophy lists I tend to find that they just didn't know you could hide trophy lists/games and merely telling them that solved their problem.

Realistically proportionally no-one is crying out for this, that's just objective reality whether you like it or not.

Clearly you didn't read then if you think I care about what someone else does. The issue was not one of individual choice, it was that the changes required to support choice does effect other people. To want to impose these changes just so you can have an additional layer beyond hiding is rather selfish if you think about it. It's like, I don't care if you like to shit outside and don't like to use toilets, but if you're shitting on my lawn or someone elses then I'm going to take issue with it. Either get over it and learn to use a toilet or just realise that people aren't going to happily accomodate for your pooping habits.

Dude you just made my point ...You are worried about other peoples profile! IF you dont what to use it dont move on! ANd about the beep I know you are not serious so, Yeah! Nobody even knew about the beep till it was mention in the update! Most people were like oh that beep ... mmmmm ok sure whtever! lol Answer me this why you worried about what people do with their profiles answer me? Should you worry about you and onlu you! mmm

I've thought about this a few times as I have a couple lists I'd like to delete from my profile, mainly music games like Guitar Hero that are now unplatinable or sports games that I hate but I used to play with friends when they came over to my house, way before I became a trophy hunter.

But hiding them is the best option for all the reasons mentioned already, it perfectly serves the purpose. Who cares about that little H on your profile anyways.

AFAIK it only allows you to delete games with 0% trophy lists and, in my opinion, that's the way it should be.

I'm still confused about why anyone would hide or delete games they didn't 100%. It doesn't matter how it "looks", you and everyone in the trophy hunting community will know it's not real...

The only thing worse than striving for perfection is the pretence that something is.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SaiyanSenshi said:

Then everybody can easily maintain and create a 100% account… What would be the fun in that? No sir you gotta work for it!

Is that why you made a new account last year?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Demanding "Trophy Deletion" functionality, in addition to the already available "Trophy Hiding" functionality, is the very definition of caring what other people think, or caring what others do.

It's a change that would only affect people engaged on third-party sites like this one, and would have zero impact on anyone else, as they don't care anyways.

It is, therefore, a desire born entirely out of an unhealthy level of caring about what other people think.

Literally the only thing it would change, is stop a blue "H" from appearing on profiles that want to remove games....

....and would no doubt necessitate the immediate introduction of an additional, new symbol to denote deleted trophies.

It would not affect the wider gaming community at all, since they don't give a fig about trophy completion...

... would do irreparable harm to the hobby of trophy hunting, since every third-party site would need to update their systems to accommodate it (or, most likely, simply ban anyone who did delete earned trophies - given that some sites ban people for even hiding trophies currently)...

... and would remove all useful functionality that trophies provide to devs as trackers of broad player data.

I'm pretty sure devs have their own way of viewing this information outside of trophies. Not saying that trophy data isn't also useful data, but it is heavily skewed when talking about PSN. For instance, if a game has an MP and SP, if you just try a game of the MP, and earned a trophy, you skewed all of the SP trophies. Devs also always like posting crazy stats like, players have died X times, played X hours, etc. so they definitely can track data in some form. I doubt any of them are basing decisions on trophy info, outside of deciding on future trophy lists of course.

On the point of the trophy sites needing to update, that's not a problem Sony would care about, thus it isn't a factor. That said, how exactly would a site even know you deleted the trophies? My understanding is that it can track Hidden trophies because they are still attached to your profile and the stats are still there. If they were deleted, this shouldn't be the case. I'd assume the moment the trophy is deleted the site would update it and simply rotate the order for your earned trophies, i.e. you deleted number 5876, so now number 5877 becomes 5876 if that makes sense. That doesn't work with Hidden trophies because it is still there.

I feel like people confuse the point of wanting to delete games with caring about what others think. I genuinely don't give a shit what another person thinks, but would like the feature to get rid of games that are simply not possible to 100% on my profile. Obviously, that's just how I would use it, but everyone's account is their own and they should have control over what information is on it.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 3

Adding a feature that does nothing at all but give delusional people the feeling they have a 100% profile, eventhough they don't have at all. Why should Sony care to implement a function which would only benefit 3rd party sites ? It's all made up and every metric on this site is either flawed or can be tempered with.

Edited by I-Kami-I
  • Like 1

Thank God for that, the instant Sony will make that a feature, you’ll get an explosion of petty folks hacking accounts  in order to remove people from having those trophies.

Hell, someone could even monetise this, perhaps some folks with too much cash on their hands aren’t happy that a platinum is becoming not so rare, and so they pay up people in order to remove achievers 

Edited by farradono

4 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

How do you wanna work for it when Gearbox decide to make the claptrap dlc list without the dlc existing for the borderlands JP edition??? So yes im for trophie deleting. 

But a person that stacks regional list usually checks,double checks  and like me tripple checks a stack list before even starting it. So you have yourself to blame for it. Not rest of us.

Only trophy hunters stacks regions. Unless you live in that region ofc.

Rest of the community should not suffer because you didnt check the list. It will totally destroy LB, Average rarity, and milestones. Especially milestones. And whats the point comparing each other if everyone has 100%completed profile?

I have fuse, killzone mercenary and problobly elder scrolls online that i prob will never see 100% and honostly i am totally fine with it. 

Its my fault i didnt prioritise fuse and kz:mercs. Rest of the comunity should not suffer because of it.

I am totally 100% against trophy deletion. Deleting 0% is fine. Doesent make an impact, but 1% will.

• Like 2