Fall/Winter 2023/2024 Backlog Challenge

50 minutes ago, CurseBanette said:

One last thing: for personal reasons, my profile is momentarily private, so you have no way to check and confirm I actually made all this progress. It's ok if it rightfully does not count for this challenge. I remember this topic to be fun, so that's why I decided to come back and share at least some of my recent experiences.

I wouldn't say I don't believe you, I was more looking at the fact you'v played Bayonetta 4 times?! Is that auto-pop surely or why would you do the same game 4 times LOL

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Heather342 said:

Persona 4 Arena is the main reason why I haven't taken part in this backlog challenge for about a year 😅. I dedicated so much time in 2023 to try and finish it, made some progress but still have a long way to go. I'm at 332/390 combos, and my best score attack run I got to round 11 with my first character. I'm doing it without using pause exploits, to try and better read the opponent. It's super satisfying that I can see the progress I'm making each time, even if it is super slow. I know I'll get there eventually if I keep at it 😁. And over the past 12 months I've grown to love score attack, even if it does kick my ass, I find it quite fun lol 🤣

i have been wondering about persona 4 arena i saw it a few times on sale i am doing dragonball xenoverse 2 trying also for z rank and getting all the skills those are random drops but overall dragonball xenoverse 2 is really fun and lots of things to do though even after the platinum trophie wich i unlocked  it 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I wouldn't say I don't believe you, I was more looking at the fact you'v played Bayonetta 4 times?! Is that auto-pop surely or why would you do the same game 4 times LOL

ahahah I understand why you would say that XD. No autopop, for real. Playing the same game 4 times? Wrong. 5 times actually. First time was for xbox 360. Also, keep in mind that Bayonetta's platinum requires 3 playthroughs: normal, hard and climax difficulties. Now, given I also got the 1000/1000 for xbox 360 around 12 years ago, it is correct to say I played the same game 15 times XD. Guess I like the game that much. Not to mention it is an easy and fast platinum. At least to me. Less than 11 hours for my ps3 run, so not a problem to me to play it again and again.

Playing the same game multiple times is a practice I have been doing since I was 6 years old with my ps1. Long before trophies existed. Now I even get rewarded by trophies for playing the same game XD. I love stacking, I even have 6 platinums for Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! and 3 for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 just to name a few others.

53 minutes ago, maxfighter23___ said:

i have been wondering about persona 4 arena i saw it a few times on sale i am doing dragonball xenoverse 2 trying also for z rank and getting all the skills those are random drops but overall dragonball xenoverse 2 is really fun and lots of things to do though even after the platinum trophie wich i unlocked  it 

Damn, Xenoverse 2 I did not like it and I am currently sitting at a measly 7%. I even included the game for this challenge lol. In any case, I am totally willing to give it a second chance. In due time. No point in playing with negativity.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, CurseBanette said:

ahahah I understand why you would say that XD. No autopop, for real. Playing the same game 4 times? Wrong. 5 times actually. First time was for xbox 360. Also, keep in mind that Bayonetta's platinum requires 3 playthroughs: normal, hard and climax difficulties. Now, given I also got the 1000/1000 for xbox 360 around 12 years ago, it is correct to say I played the same game 15 times XD. Guess I like the game that much. Not to mention it is an easy and fast platinum. At least to me. Less than 11 hours for my ps3 run, so not a problem to me to play it again and again.

Playing the same game multiple times is a practice I have been doing since I was 6 years old with my ps1. Long before trophies existed. Now I even get rewarded by trophies for playing the same game XD. I love stacking, I even have 6 platinums for Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!! and 3 for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 just to name a few others.

Damn, Xenoverse 2 I did not like it and I am currently sitting at a measly 7%. I even included the game for this challenge lol. In any case, I am totally willing to give it a second chance. In due time. No point in playing with negativity.

Dude you evidently have more spare time than me 🤣, good going.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heather342 said:

Persona 4 Arena is the main reason why I haven't taken part in this backlog challenge for about a year 😅. I dedicated so much time in 2023 to try and finish it, made some progress but still have a long way to go. I'm at 332/390 combos, and my best score attack run I got to round 11 with my first character. I'm doing it without using pause exploits, to try and better read the opponent. It's super satisfying that I can see the progress I'm making each time, even if it is super slow. I know I'll get there eventually if I keep at it 😁. And over the past 12 months I've grown to love score attack, even if it does kick my ass, I find it quite fun lol 🤣

XD. I see you are using Chie as your avatar! I tell you this: Chie was my easiest character to complete score attack with! First try too! I feel like she has the strongest auto combo and her instant kill is very reliable. But for novices I say Kanji is the easiest one. His grab loop is very effective. I might be able to complete score attack with Kanji without pausing. Then again, actually doing it is a completely different story lol. Naoto is another very good character thanks to her Hamaon super. Taking down the opponent without even letting him/her to awaken is so useful. Very reliable instant kill too. When you will complete score attack once, you will realize that also Akihiko, Yu, Elizabeth and Labrys are fairly easy characters to complete. Score attack battle #11 without pausing method is impressive. If I remember correctly, it's the battle vs Labrys? Her red axe is too powerful. 1 auto combo into her super is all she needs to win the round lol. If you get the platinum without pausing in score attack, then huge congrats. But, I do not think it's worth it. I do not mean to scare you, but I feel like it's fair to give you a warning. I assume you know the last opponent is Elizabeth. The other 12 opponents before her, they are all strong, there's no denying that. However, compared to Elizabeth I feel like they are just 'comfort zone'. I am not trolling. One simple combo with Thanathos is all she needs to put you in near KO range. Her SP automatically regenerate too quickly to the point she can just spam her supers. Getting spammed by Hamaon and Mudoon is not that funny lol. And once she awakens, she can fully heal herself very quickly qith Diarahan and spam Ghastly Wail which will directly KO if it grabs you. And if she wins a round, she can even use her Instank Kill. Not common, but it happens. It happened to me lol. Contrary to her normal counterpart, her instant kill only needs you to hit her once instead of 3 times, making it a very reliable instant kill and that means you should attack Elizabeth only when it is 100% guaranteed you will damage her or else she will just take her instant kill win. And there is no way to properly practice vs boss characters since they are not playable. I love score attack too, but it's a very unfair mode. Pause spam means fighting fire with fire. Oh yeah! I even learned a lot thanks to pause spamming. In brief, it made me realize stuff I was not seeing when playing legitimately and that knowledge made me better for all fighting games. So, the more reason I suggest you to use it. But keep in mind that it's still not a guaranteed method and might take some time to get used to, but it's very effective once learned. 332 combos is a solid result. If you have not done already, Akihiko has the easiest combo challenges, followed by Shadow Labrys and Labrys. Their completion can give you a boost in morale. Best wishes for your Persona 4 Arena platinum journey!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

One week until the spring signups begin. :yay: 

I was on the fence about joining, but I think I'll jump in again. Only this time with a much smaller list. For the current challenge - bar getting The Order 1886 done, I don't think i'll have time to knock Dishonored 2 or Spider-Man 2 down 😅. The new Cult of the Lamb DLC is taking way longer than I anticipated, it's great, but the grind is real!

Looking forward to the Spring event!

• Like 4