What Games Do You Have Pre-Ordered?

Parker

• 2 weeks later...

I almost take it that a lot of people buy their games off websites that deal with limited editions...it must be nice to have that kind of money to spend on things like that. >.<

Sadly the only thing I have pre-ordered is for next month. Is Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy; thankfully it the launch edition but nothing fancy like I have seen other players getting.

108656_bonusLG.jpg

This is my first game being pre-ordered that actually comes with a bonus that isn't DLC, so it will be a game that I keep instead of trading it in like all my past retail games.

• Like 1

I feel that pre-ordering is an abhorrent practise, so I don't. Before I realised just how silly it was to do so, I had pre-ordered Halo: Reach, Splatterhouse, and Halo 4.

I agree. Now I don't pre order any games anymore. Unless the game is reviewed a week or two before the game is released.

I agree. Now I don't pre order any games anymore. Unless the game is reviewed a week or two before the game is released.

Even then I would suggest not doing so. Review copies do not inherently represent the quality of the final product. Things may seem fine for a preview copy, online play might work as intended, but upon release the game, online play as well, could be utterly broken.

Short list, as I think I've pre-ordered only 4 games. I don't normally pre-order and games I tend to buy at launch often don't have pre-order available. 

Digital: 

DuckTales - Because I played DuckTales on NES a lot. 

Castle of Illusions starring Mickey Mouse - As I thought by pre-ordering it, they might remake Quack Shot too. 

Retail:

The Last of Us Ellie Edition - I paid 10 euros more than customers who placed order on following day. Package was damaged a little and arrived late. While everyone else was busy playing the game, I had to wait until next week. Never pre-ordering from that store again.

Drakengard 3 Collector's Edition - Shipping was excellent, but European edition doesn't include the game, so, yeah. Been collecting dust.

edit: I had completely forgotten about kickstarting. Shantae and World End Economica coming for Vita.

Edited by theJJ88

Even then I would suggest not doing so. Review copies do not inherently represent the quality of the final product. Things may seem fine for a preview copy, online play might work as intended, but upon release the game, online play as well, could be utterly broken.

I never play online games so there is no problem for me. The only game I pre ordered this year was The Witcher 3. And that was after I saw most of the awesome reviews it got. Like 10/10 on Gamespot amd 9.3 on IGN.

I never play online games so there is no problem for me. The only game I pre ordered this year was The Witcher 3. And that was after I saw most of the awesome reviews it got. Like 10/10 on Gamespot amd 9.3 on IGN.

It doesn't just apply to online games, but to all games. Pre-ordering any game is a rather silly thing to do, but I digress.

Right now, Tales of Zestiria. I don't often pre-order, but also did with Lightning Returns, Xillia 2, and FFX & X-2 HD for PS3.

It doesn't just apply to online games, but to all games. Pre-ordering any game is a rather silly thing to do, but I digress.

If this is how you think, why bother with this thread? Kinda sucks if you came into it just to flame people about their personal choices... Edited by Trialia_X
  • Like 1

Right now, Tales of Zestiria. I don't often pre-order, but also did with Lightning Returns, Xillia 2, and FFX & X-2 HD for PS3.

If this is how you think, why bother with this thread? Kinda sucks if you came into it just to flame people about their personal choices...

I haven't once flamed anyone for their decision to pre-order. All I've done is express my opinion on pre-ordering and state what games I had pre-ordered in the past.

Edited by Bubblegum

I only did it because it was a game I was sure I was gonna get because of the reviews and I saved 10% by pre-ordering. I only pre-ordered it 3 days before it came out.