They need to stop the DLC

DeidaraSasori

45 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Anyone else fed up with the 2-3 release of new batch of trophies per year? Its even more annoying considering you need to wait 10 weeks (8 by paying) to complete the campaigns.

Honestly I don't even know how this game is still alive it just gets worse imo. Hopefully Balders 3 will make it dead

What's the deal with the 10 weeks? I haven't played the game yet but I've considered it a few times

49 minutes ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Im a completionist do you know what that is? Cuz it doesnt look like it. And no one likes time-gated trophies. 

if having a 100% profile is important to you, and this game messes it up with timed trophies, you can either play it during the duration it needs to be done, or hide the game to keep your 100%

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Unfortunately, when you are that consistent in keeping your 100% profile you pretty much have to accept any kind of Trophy the developers may come out with, including oddly designed DLC Trophies, like these.

That's why I think that 100% profiles are more trouble than they're worth.

It totally is. Only game I really keep up to date with is Dead by Daylight. Otherwise I just play whatever I feel like and have cared less to get 100% on my profile.

1 hour ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Anyone else fed up with the 2-3 release of new batch of trophies per year? Its even more annoying considering you need to wait 10 weeks (8 by paying) to complete the campaigns.

Honestly I don't even know how this game is still alive it just gets worse imo. Hopefully Balders 3 will make it dead

So like maybe? Right? I feel like the frustration is coming from not having a perfect trophy list?

But it does seem like this is a problem with expectations. For example, it is unclear if it is a realistic expectation that a game (that is online) to not have regular updates and dlc (+ trophies). If your goal is to have a perfect trophy list then it might be better to avoid online games as they usually have more complex and grind-related trophies (e.g., final fantasy 14 requires you to be a consistent savage raider). Unironically (or perhaps ironically), those regular updates that seem to lead to your frustration are (probably) what keep that game alive.

Now, not knowing much about Neverwinter, yes I agree time-gated trophies are very frustrating. Maybe keep that game on the back burner and play it when you know the trophies are accessible?

-F

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeidaraSasori said:

Im a completionist do you know what that is? Cuz it doesnt look like it. And no one likes time-gated trophies. 

Have you even played NW? Or you just came here to be toxic?

I'm something of a completionist and have also played Neverwinter (for about 700 hours) so, just listen. 

I think it's actually cool that the devs keep updating it and providing new content to unlock. That's valuable for all sorts of reasons. Do I think it's a good game? God no. I'd rather eat glass than play another minute of that game.

This could just be a learning experience for you. Sometimes games (especially F2P things) are continuously updating with new content. Take the time to make sure a game clicks with you before investing more time than you're willing to happily give. Otherwise, you may just start being miserable and hating the grind, which just isn't the healthiest way to go about it.

To answer your question, yes I'm fed up with it. Should they stop? Nah. Not until they want to. Hope this helps.

• Like 2

I get the annoyance with the time-gates trophies. For those who don't know: At some point, campaigns started to have a limit on how much campaign-currency can be earned per week..  This means trophies for finishing X campaign will often take about two months of dailies to finish.

As for new trophies: No, that is something the developers actively promised and they are keeping their promise. This game lives off new content and while I find it annoying that their have been at last two major system overhauls so far, still getting new story content is a great thing, especially seeing how the game is free. Of course, the game being free is the main reason for new content,  they need to keep their customers buying Zen. That is something you could have known beforehand, though. It's not like it's  a brandnew game and this is a surprise.

Other games you might keep away from if 100% is that important to you, because they probably all still have years of DLC trophies coming:

Gems of War

Minecraft

Genshin Impact

Tower of Fantasy

However, you seem to be save with Star Trek Online and No Man's Sky, despite continued updates.

• Like 4

Im glad they mostly only add time gated trophies to the game now. i find it kinda relaxing loging into the game one evening in the week to get my weekly cap done and then leaving it again.

What strikes me more are the trophies that are gated behind getting absurdely high GS. Currently im only missing the newest campaign trophy and also the trophies for master zariel and master temple of spider:/ for zariel i read a while back they want to rework it and add it to rtq, hope this makes the trophy obtainable in the normal version as well like they did for keldegonn, but not sure if i will get mtos... im currently at 63k and not sure if i will ever get strong enough to do it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Namenloser1990 said:

Im glad they mostly only add time gated trophies to the game now. i find it kinda relaxing loging into the game one evening in the week to get my weekly cap done and then leaving it again.

What strikes me more are the trophies that are gated behind getting absurdely high GS. Currently im only missing the newest campaign trophy and also the trophies for master zariel and master temple of spider:/ for zariel i read a while back they want to rework it and add it to rtq, hope this makes the trophy obtainable in the normal version as well like they did for keldegonn, but not sure if i will get mtos... im currently at 63k and not sure if i will ever get strong enough to do it

Yeah mtos is really hard. I paid 1M ad to get carried but I had 77k IL and didn’t do that bad. But you’re right I would rather have these campaign trophies than the master ones, although I would prefer the normal over campaign cuz you can get it done regardless your IL

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2023 at 5:33 PM, DeidaraSasori said:

yes lmao.

Neverwinter taught me a difficult lesson to never play games on release, and wait at least half a year - ideally a couple of years for all DLCs to drop, to make sure they don't add some ridiculous requirements for 100% later in the game's life, and to never start another MMO on my completionist account. 

Edited by EmperorElfenSky
  • Like 2

So you are pissy because the developers keep supporting the game across so many years, according to you they should stop because it's ruining your sugar made 100% completion...

......... when you think the entitlement couldn't get much worse.

I'll never understand this mentality.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Given the majority of people don't care about trophies, they could support the game without adding any more of them.
So while yes, it is a bit entitled, it's not as entitled as you make it out to be imo. 

Also, it's not "supporting the game" when the majority of the updates consists of new ways to juice the playerbase for money.

On 8/28/2023 at 1:03 PM, DeidaraSasori said:

Yeah mtos is really hard. I paid 1M ad to get carried but I had 77k IL and didn’t do that bad. But you’re right I would rather have these campaign trophies than the master ones, although I would prefer the normal over campaign cuz you can get it done regardless your IL

I wouldn't mind campaign based/time gated trophies either, it's the master dungeons that require a whole team of end-game characters that bother me. 

Luckily as namenloser said, they seem to have stopped doing that, and I hope it stays that way. 

Edited by EmperorElfenSky
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 8:04 AM, Jozivader said:

Good news, cryptic studios had a bunch of layoffs... hopefully this trash ends soon

With the quality of the new MMOs coming out and Baldurs Gate 3 release I don’t see any reason to play this at all, even if you’re a diehard DND fan. Not to mention the devs made it super pay to win and without substance, just grind 24/7 or swipe your CC.                        The way you put it though made me laugh but yeah I don’t get why people defend this game and say it’s “entitled” when the game is objectively mid to say the least and if you think otherwise you haven’t played MMOs since the 2010’s. Even Metin 2 has better gameplay loop… 

Edited by DeidaraSasori