Has anyone been able to appeal PSN's permanent ban?

Motik_UA

There are times when support doesn't want to deal with it. My first and last offence.

I spent over 10 years on the platform playing on ps3, then ps4 and now 2 years on ps5. This is my first warning and it is indefinite. I have 3100+ platinum prizes to my credit.

I have called support, they see this and are very happy but refuse to help me. I tried to explain it in a letter everything as it was nothing to hide, I was polite and asked to treat me not biased, I said that I will not do it again.

I was chatting in a closed private chat room with my friends and we started talking about exchanging games, I said I could let you play for a small fee but no one agreed. That was my fatal mistake.

I agreed that I broke the rules, I asked Sony to cut it down to 3-6 months, or however long it sees fit, but I got a scripted phrase.

I'm thinking of creating a petition on change org, but will other users sign it? After all, I am a criminal? 

I want to apologise in advance if I have offended anyone, I am not unique, I am a regular user. I just want a fair consideration of my appeal, after all there was no sale, we only discussed this topic. Should this conversation be punished so harshly?  

I'm prepared to be punished, but I don't want it to be so severe because I've never given a reason for it before. 

Edited by Motik_UA
  • Like 1

What do you mean by "closed private chat room"? A PlayStation party, or Discord group? Was your chat moderated by Sony? I personally think it's a harsh to do this. They are too strict sometimes. Rules and guidelines are in place for the good of all I guess, but there are certain considerations to take into account sometimes too. One of my best online friends lost his account due to using a 3rd party piece of software on his main account. That makes no sense to me at all. They didn't even give him a warning. Just banned him. Really unfair IMHO. He supported Sony by buying a lot of their games etc.

Edited by TheDarkKratos

I don't really think Sony was randomly listening to your chat. Someone in that party reported you, which prompted Sony to use the chat recording to confirm it.

This is sadly why you should always refrain from saying anything that can get you banned on PSN. I don't really think what you said should warrant a ban in any way shape or form if it really was a first offense. From what I have heard though, once you get a perma-ban, it is all over.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

What do you mean by "closed private chat room"? A PlayStation party, or Discord group? Was your chat moderated by Sony? I personally think it's a harsh to do this. They are too strict sometimes. Rules and guidelines are in place for the good of all I guess, but there are certain considerations to take into account sometimes too. One of my best online friends lost his account due to using a 3rd party piece of software on his main account. That makes no sense to me at all. They didn't even give him a warning. Just banned him. Really unfair IMHO. He supported Sony by buying a lot of their games etc.

I think someone's been snitching on me.  I mean, we know who it is, but we can't prove it's envy. I know there are rules, and I agreed to them. What I can't understand is why, if this is my first warning, it's so harsh. It's not like I'm a scammer, I pay Sony a lot of money all the time.    

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I don't really think Sony was randomly listening to your chat. Someone in that party reported you, which prompted Sony to use the chat recording to confirm it.

This is sadly why you should always refrain from saying anything that can get you banned on PSN. I don't really think what you said should warrant a ban in any way shape or form if it really was a first offense. From what I have heard though, once you get a perma-ban, it is all over.

Yeah, it was definitely a snitch. I made sure to avoid the psn chat room. I'm still hoping it's not perma-ban. I still get push notifications on my phone, my profile is open to all members. They say it's because the account has to go through several stages of 7 days, 30 and 60 before it is banned. 

Clearly someone reported you as I don't think Sony amuses themselves randomly listening in to chats.

2 lessons, choose your friends wisely, and always watch out to what you say in a chat, friends or no.

That being said, apart from the money side which sucks big time, alot of those plats you mention are shovelware with all due respect... so nothing a good turbo controller and a few weeks of investment can't fix 😉

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Selling access to 3,000+ games to god knows how many different people. You don't think Sony would care about $10,000+ (likely 5 times that) in lost revenue while this guy makes money?

No, there was a token price of no more than a couple of cups of coffee that was rejected because they're hardcore players. 

39 minutes ago, Motik_UA said:

I'm thinking of creating a petition on change org

dawg im gonna be fr this will do nothing at all to help you, also what did you even get banned for it should tell you what you did since it has to be extreme to get banned permt he FIRST TIME like ive been banned twice for swearing and thats just been for a month/ 14 days 

12 minutes ago, colia100 said:

Clearly someone reported you as I don't think Sony amuses themselves randomly listening in to chats.

2 lessons, choose your friends wisely, and always watch out to what you say in a chat, friends or no.

That being said, apart from the money side which sucks big time, alot of those plats you mention are shovelware with all due respect... so nothing a good turbo controller and a few weeks of investment can't fix 😉

It's not about platins, yes 90% of it is "press x". i'm not worried about trophies at all, it was a disease i couldn't get rid of. it's about time and money invested in the account.

9 minutes ago, willows_blessing said:

dawg im gonna be fr this will do nothing at all to help you, also what did you even get banned for it should tell you what you did since it has to be extreme to get banned permt he FIRST TIME like ive been banned twice for swearing and thats just been for a month/ 14 days 

My official version of the infraction is "Using PlayStation Network to attempt to sell items, accounts, or services."

and yes. I've never received a single warning before. 

Edited by Motik_UA
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Selling access to 3,000+ games to god knows how many different people. You don't think Sony would care about $10,000+ (likely 5 times that) in lost revenue while this guy makes money?

Would they care? Sure.

Is it ban-worthy to just make the inquiry? No.

A ban shouldn't happen for just making an offer. If they had evidence that this was going on, then sure he broke TOS and deserves the ban if money was exchanged for a game and it was reported with actual evidence of the monetary exchange. And yes, technically just asking violates TOS, but it is dumb.

This is probably going off-topic, but users should be able to do what they want with their games. Take a look at Steam and how they handle it. You can authorize other users to play your games, obviously, it is reserved for family and friends. Why isn't that on PSN? They are your games and you should be able to share them with others if you want.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Motik_UA said:

My official version of the infraction is "Using PlayStation Network to attempt to sell items, accounts, or services."

yeah thats bannable and directly loses sony many, like many perma ban cases its "i was negligent and didnt think things through and got punished for it" you probably wont get unbanned, time to either move away from gaming or start anew bc you wont get the account back 

6 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

A ban shouldn't happen for just making an offer. If they had evidence that this was going on, then sure he broke TOS and deserves the ban if money was exchanged for a game and it was reported with actual evidence of the monetary exchange. And yes, technically just asking violates TOS, but it is dumb.

I'm willing to provide them with a bank statement.  It's not a problem, there was no transaction. Yes I exchange games with others, but in return I get games too.