Has anyone been able to appeal PSN's permanent ban?

Motik_UA

2 minutes ago, Motik_UA said:

I'm willing to provide them with a bank statement.  It's not a problem, there was no transaction. Yes I exchange games with others, but in return I get games too.      

you will not get unbanned for this, you directly broke the tos "there wasn't a transaction" but then you directly after say that you got games too (a literal transaction) sony dosent want to lose money however little ammount so any mention or intent to do this would get a ban i think a perma is extreme but its their platform ig

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Selling access to 3,000+ games to god knows how many different people. You don't think Sony would care about $10,000+ (likely 5 times that) in lost revenue while this guy makes money?

I was thinking that if I was making 10k+ I wouldn't care about the account. 😃

2 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

This might also be somewhat off-topic, but it's essential to understand that when you purchase games, you don't technically own the software outright. Each game you buy typically includes an End User License Agreement (EULA), which you are expected to review, though most people skip this step.

Within the EULA, it explicitly outlines what you possess. You have ownership of physical items like the plastic disc, manuals, and the box that came with your game. However, you don't own the software itself; instead, you hold a license that permits you to utilize that software.

The same principle applies to digitally distributed games, such as those available on platforms like Steam, GOG, Ubisoft, and Origin. In these cases, you don't own the software either; you have a license to use it.

If we are going into a digital only future then Sony and everyone else needs to change their tos and how they handle digital items. 

You are allowed to sell a physical game that you bought so how is that any different? 

Sure the OP broke Sony's rules but it's not like he committed theft. He paid for his games like everybody else. I feel bad for the op, not for his lack of taste in games (well I also feel sorry about that) but because he lost access to 3000+ games. 

So yeah the future of digital "ownership" looks bright indeed.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, RetroFeniks said:

Yeah unfortunately this is a closed case for Sony, they won't give you your account back because even if no "sale" was made, you had the intent to sell/loan out your account according to them. 

I'm guessing you already went this route as well? https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/account/appeal-suspension-psn/ 

Not really. I don't have this feature in my local support.  The first thing I did was write to the mail and got a response in 5 minutes. it feels like it was a bot.

Account temporarily blocked
Dear Stepa!
Your account has been permanently blocked
For more information, please see the account suspension letter we sent to your email address.
We block accounts only after a thorough review of all the circumstances by our moderators.
Best regards,
PlayStation Support

The next day. I wrote to UK support. as support in my country is not clear to whom it is subordinated now. not so long ago it was supervised by the Russian office. now it seems to be Polish. (there is now only telephone support).  But UK politely asked me to contact local support.  I dialled in the telephone mode. There they don't even see the reason for the ban, only the term from their word permanent. 

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

Y'all can't openly talk about selling access to your digital games on Sony's own platform and not expect to get reprimanded.

All talks of game sharing, logging into each other's accounts, passwords and login emails should be done off PSN. Use Discord, email, text whatever.

This

dont talk about robbing the bank inside the actual  bank

cover your tracks and use other / better means of communication that arent directly linked to the source

ever since 9/11 all these companies have been cracking down on their security via their chat logs

Activision / blizzard and even psn was a major violator when it came to not securing communications between player to player

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Sure the OP broke Sony's rules but it's not like he committed theft. He paid for his games like everybody else. I feel bad for the op, not for his lack of taste in games (well I also feel sorry about that) but because he lost access to 3000+ games. 

I'll admit I do have some taste. But it's more of a trophy disease. I have worthy projects. Like the latest Diablo 4. But okay, that's really not the point. It's about the library of games that were collected by cities.  And not those petty quick games that I made a separate account for. 

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. you make a lot of sense. 

17 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

If we are going into a digital only future then Sony and everyone else needs to change their tos and how they handle digital items. 

You are allowed to sell a physical game that you bought so how is that any different? 

So yeah the future of digital "ownership" looks bright indeed.

Wouldn’t he still have access to those 3,000+ games using a new/alternate account on the same PlayStations?  I know he is missing the profile with the high plat account mostly but I think he’d still have access to whatever content he bought?

3 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Dude. I mentioned Sony being able to cancel your digital collection for anything you say in a pro digital thread and people were like, "huh? What are you talking about? You're crazy."

I guess once an NPC, always an NPC.

I know right. It amazes me how chill people can be about a digital only future when things like this can happen and if you're really unlucky, poof, your entire collection is gone. 

Just now, djb5f said:

Wouldn’t he still have access to those 3,000+ games using a new/alternate account on the same PlayStations?  I know he is missing the profile with the high plat account mostly but I think he’d still have access to whatever content he bought?

How? He would need to to sign into his account to be able to download the 3000+ games he bought. If he's banned he can't do that.

As long as the games are on his playstation then yes he can still access them with a new account. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I know right. It amazes me how chill people can be about a digital only future when things like this can happen and if you're really unlucky, poof, your entire collection is gone. 

How? He would need to to sign into his account to be able to download the 3000+ games he bought. If he's banned he can't do that.

As long as the games are on his playstation then yes he can still access them with a new account. 

Wont they lock him out of his licenses though and theyll be a pad lock on everything?

1 minute ago, Property_Damage said:

Wont they lock him out of his licenses though and theyll be a pad lock on everything?

I'm not too sure. When you boot up a game with an alternative account it doesn't run a check if you have the license to use the application or not. 

I don't see why that would be any different even if you're banned. Because you can still be offline and boot up the games.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Ah yes, true, they’d already have to installed.

A far as risk with digital content, it is so minimal a risk, I don’t think it is a big deal.  Unless you are a risk taker who does things clearly against the terms of service.  There is similar risk with physical games.  They could be stolen, broken, burn up in a fire, etc.  Like with digital, it is minimal risk and one we accept.

There are only a handful of games I keep going back to to play regularly.  For the overwhelming majority, when I am am done with the game, I am done.

I see a lot of folks talking about how to hide the activity, talking about how unfair it is that your library can be stripped, talking about the evils of a digital future… and yet I see very few pointing out that there are clear rules laid out, and the simplest way to avoid negative consequences is to… you know… follow the rules.

You can dislike the rules, you can campaign for them to be changed if you truly feel they’re an issue. But just ignoring them (if not flaunting them) and then being butthurt when it blows up in your face and somehow painting the rulebreaker as the innocent victim is a odd way to go about things… though it seems to be the standard in a lot of places these days.

TL;DR - FAFO is real. If folks stopped fucking around, they’d stop finding out.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: So far as a “right to sell your games, digital or otherwise,” I don’t necessarily disagree… but that doesn’t appear to be what OP was doing/intending on doing. Unless I misinterpreted it, it was less “yeah, I don’t need Jumping Taco anymore, you can have the license” and more “hey, anyone want access to my games?”

Edited by Ashande
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

This might also be somewhat off-topic, but it's essential to understand that when you purchase games, you don't technically own the software outright. Each game you buy typically includes an End User License Agreement (EULA), which you are expected to review, though most people skip this step.

Within the EULA, it explicitly outlines what you possess. You have ownership of physical items like the plastic disc, manuals, and the box that came with your game. However, you don't own the software itself; instead, you hold a license that permits you to utilize that software.

The same principle applies to digitally distributed games, such as those available on platforms like Steam, GOG, Ubisoft, and Origin. In these cases, you don't own the software either; you have a license to use it.

You are correct, and I understand this, the problem is that it needs to be changed. Obviously, easier said than done, but to my knowledge (and feel free to correct me). The EULA was struck down in the EU many years ago: https://www.destructoid.com/eu-court-rejects-eulas-says-digital-games-can-be-resold/#:~:text=The ruling applies to all,games%2C they have every entitlement.

The issue here is that while you have the right to sell digital games (in the EU) they are not forcing the companies to actually provide a way to do this for consumers.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ashande said:

I see a lot of folks talking about how to hide the activity, talking about how unfair it is that your library can be stripped, talking about the evils of a digital future… and yet I see very few pointing out that there are clear rules laid out, and the simplest way to avoid negative consequences is to… you know… follow the rules.

You can dislike the rules, you can campaign for them to be changed if you truly feel they’re an issue. But just ignoring them (if not flaunting them) and then being butthurt when it blows up in your face and somehow painting the rulebreaker as the innocent victim is a odd way to go about things… though it seems to be the standard in a lot of places these days.

TL;DR - FAFO is real. If folks stopped fucking around, they’d stop finding out.

EDIT/ADDENDUM: So far as a “right to sell your games, digital or otherwise,” I don’t necessarily disagree… but that doesn’t appear to be what OP was doing/intending on doing. Unless I misinterpreted it, it was less “yeah, I don’t need Jumping Taco anymore, you can have the license” and more “hey, anyone want access to my games?”

I posted twice in here so far. My first was saying he has nobody else to blame but himself. My 2nd is saying this is exactly why digital only is anti consumer. 

This was definitely his fault, however, this is the perfect reason why we shouldn't be ok with all digital. You don't own anything if you are all digital. If you say anything they don't like, gone is your whole collection. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I'm not too sure. When you boot up a game with an alternative account it doesn't run a check if you have the license to use the application or not. 

I don't see why that would be any different even if you're banned. Because you can still be offline and boot up the games.

I mean it has to check. I'm pretty sure if you delete main acc form the console previously downloaded games will get blocked at some point.

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I posted twice in here so far. My first was saying he has nobody else to blame but himself. My 2nd is saying this is exactly why digital only is anti consumer. 

I'm very certain that less options for the consumer is always worse (unless thing taken from consumer is dangerous or something) so I can't belive anyone would defend digital only as pro consumer thing

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Kolm said:

What did you do to get it back? 😮

Just been very persistent for 2 months communicating with support. Asked for a detailed review of the situation. I didn't deny anything, I acknowledged the facts. I don't know what happened and why they decided to reconsider my appeal. I cannot comment on this in any way.