Has anyone been able to appeal PSN's permanent ban?

Motik_UA

9 minutes ago, Motik_UA said:

Just been very persistent for 2 months communicating with support. Asked for a detailed review of the situation. I didn't deny anything, I acknowledged the facts. I don't know what happened and why they decided to reconsider my appeal. I cannot comment on this in any way.

So basically being persistent.
And maybe they finally realised you were not one of those annoying bots that tried to sell accounts.

But glad you got it back! Now be safe :) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

I remember one time i was playing Dead by Daylight and some guy killed themselves on hook. So i just messaged "why did you kill yourself on hook" and i got a short ban for that. 

Learnt my lesson

TBH customer support who is not aware of the context of DBD can take that statement the wrong way haha. Sorry that happened to u tho

Nice you got it back. This was in no way a bannable offense. Freedom of speech...it doesn't matter what you talk about or intended to do, the fact that no sale happened, means this should have been swept under the rug. Stuff like this is just further proof that there's a war for control over consumers...and we're losing. 

As I was reading the thread, my advice was going to be for you not stop with the E-Mails and Phone Calls. Being persistent in this situation, was very much needed...someone was bound to listen. Glad Sony actually made the right call. But definitely keep your head down from now on.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, veryrareoriginal said:

I don't even know why people bother communicating through playstation anyway.

I remember one time i was playing Dead by Daylight and some guy killed themselves on hook. So i just messaged "why did you kill yourself on hook" and i got a short ban for that. 

Learnt my lesson

In all honesty, I suspect that there was probably no human oversight on that one....

...my guess is that their software saw the words "Kill" and "Yourself" one after the other, and decided you were a no-goodnick! 😂

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 6:50 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Dude. I mentioned Sony being able to cancel your digital collection for anything you say in a pro digital thread and people were like, "huh? What are you talking about? You're crazy."

I guess once an NPC, always an NPC.

Honestly i'm so surprised that there's so many people, even in here, that went fully digital. That's something i just won't understand for so many reasons & acting like their digital libraries will last longer than physical copies is just lying to themselfs. Like i could maybe understand people going only digital if they don't really care about video games and the only ones ever they're gonna buy is a FIFA & a COD game. There's literally Nintendo that just turned off Wii U & 3DS stores, these consoles were still active 5/6 years ago. PS3 almost got its store annihilated and people somehow managed to postpone it, but x360 getting the store closed next year and that's just how it is. I'm still playing my ps2 & psp games i've got physically though!

• Like 2

this is the same company that won't let you refund a game after you download it for any reason.

They do not give a fuck about you, or your consumer rights.

I don't advocate physical copies anywhere else except for when it comes to Sony's digital store. It has to be a very desperate time for me to buy anything on their digital front.

edit: to give you an idea how much their policy sucks. I purchased the dead space remake and my game was unplayable. I made a ticket saying I wanted a refund because the game was literally unplayable. They refused and told me I needed to wait for a patch. I ended up complaining on the EA forums and the EA rep private messaged me an XBOX key so I could play it. This will be the last digital purchase I ever make through Sony. This is a bit off topic but it isn't because they are quick to ban your shit and they don't care about you what you own digital or otherwise.

Edited by YellowFever-AU

I have had a practice for a while now of not sending a single message through PSN, as it is just too risky.

Not that I would ever say anything offensive or things that are against TOS, but as there are other communication methods available, I just don't see a reason to even take the chance. If I don't send a single message, nobody can report them.

Its a shame they did this before you did anything wrong.  You were sentenced before you broke any of their EULA, I would think.  I can say Im gonna rob a bank, but until I do....

9 minutes ago, YellowFever-AU said:

this is the same company that won't let you refund a game after you download it for any reason.

I don't advocate physical copies anywhere else except for when it comes to Sony's digital store. It has to be a very desperate time for me to buy anything on their digital front.

edit: to give you an idea how much their policy sucks. I purchased the dead space remake and my game was unplayable. I made a ticket saying I wanted a refund because the game was literally unplayable. They refused and told me I needed to wait for a patch. I ended up complaining on the EA forums and the EA rep private messaged me an XBOX key so I could play it. This will be the last digital purchase I ever make through Sony. This is a bit off topic but it isn't because they are quick to ban your shit and they don't care about you what you own digital or otherwise.

We dont need to bring it up here, but go ask all of the bandcamp users with big libraries about how the feel about digital content now.  Physical = own, digital = rent.

Edited by audiopile
  • Like 1

This is one reason why I don't use mics online and I especially don't converse with people online that I don't personally know in real life. Even with text, I'm a bit weary about what I say online and I have to refrain from saying what I really think a lot of times because there's so many rules and regulations with this stuff now and I'd rather not even challenge the system. 

Being a New Jersey native, I say stuff about every 3 sentences that would get me banned from most online platforms. All it takes is one snowflake getting offended and reporting you or some algorithm filter watching everything everybody says picking up something that may be against the ToS and you're done, especially with Sony and their digital Nazi regime they have going on.  

As cliche as it is, if you have nothing good to say, it's best not to say anything at all. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, YellowFever-AU said:

While I’d love to know what you mean by Dead Space being “unplayable” and my eyebrow’s somewhere near the ceiling at this story, it’s not really relevant to the topic at hand.

So far as your “consumer rights,” your rights are laid out in the EULA. You can dislike those terms, you can think they need changing, but you have agreed to them (whether because you actually read them and agree, or because you mashed the X button to skip the screen is irrelevant.) Further, singling Sony out in this context when the EULA is pretty much boilerplate for most online stores is an interesting choice.

Lastly, yes, the agreement states that once you download a game, you’re S.O.L. In my own experience, however, that’s not always the case. I bought Darkest Dungeon some time ago, had installed it (but had not started it.) Then they put the Complete Edition on sale for less than the DLC or base game. I figured “couldn’t hurt,” messaged them and said “Hey, I know what the EULA and terms of use say, and that’s cool and all, but I just saw the Complete Edition went up for cheap only a little after I bought it, is there any way I can refund the base version? If not, no big deal, I can just buy the DLC, but figured I’d ask.” Ten minutes later my refund was processed and I was buying the Complete Edition. Anecdotal? Yes. But it does run counter to your story.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ashande said:

While I’d love to know what you mean by Dead Space being “unplayable” and my eyebrow’s somewhere near the ceiling at this story, it’s not really relevant to the topic at hand.

So far as your “consumer rights,” your rights are laid out in the EULA. You can dislike those terms, you can think they need changing, but you have agreed to them (whether because you actually read them and agree, or because you mashed the X button to skip the screen is irrelevant.) Further, singling Sony out in this context when the EULA is pretty much boilerplate for most online stores is an interesting choice.

Lastly, yes, the agreement states that once you download a game, you’re S.O.L. In my own experience, however, that’s not always the case. I bought Darkest Dungeon some time ago, had installed it (but had not started it.) Then they put the Complete Edition on sale for less than the DLC or base game. I figured “couldn’t hurt,” messaged them and said “Hey, I know what the EULA and terms of use say, and that’s cool and all, but I just saw the Complete Edition went up for cheap only a little after I bought it, is there any way I can refund the base version? If not, no big deal, I can just buy the DLC, but figured I’d ask.” Ten minutes later my refund was processed and I was buying the Complete Edition. Anecdotal? Yes. But it does run counter to your story.

For starters, remove the "" from consumer rights. We have clear and strong consumer rights laws here in Australia. Just because you agree to something doesn't make it acceptable/legal. They are breaking consumer law by not allowing a refund on a purchase that is faulty. Dead Space PS5 was not as advertised prior to the first patch release and in any other physical/online store (besides third-party dodgy key websites) I'd be able to get a refund. I could have even charged back on my card and won but PlayStation are so petty they ban your entire account for flexing your consumer rights here. I've also accidentally purchased the wrong DLC for portal quest and they refused to refund it because I had downloaded it (not played it). 

Anyway, enough of the derail but I will never purchase digital from Sony again until they catch up with the rest of the industry and stop their anti-consumer and illegal practices on their digital store.

Edit: infact they've already been sued for millions by our consumder rights arm. I should really file a report against them .

Sony fined $2.4 million in Australia for its PlayStation Store refund policy | VG247

Edited by YellowFever-AU

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

Can you clarify one more time what you didn't deny? What facts did you acknowledge?

I may have misspoken. I meant that I told my view of the situation as it was, I did not deceive anyone and did not make up stories.  

3 hours ago, YellowFever-AU said:

Before I got the ban, I made several purchases of indie games and renewed my ps+ subscription for 1 year. I asked for a refund because it was not 14 days after the purchase and I did not run them.  I was refunded in full.  Maybe they should have a strong reason to refuse you.   

3 hours ago, IDiivil said:

I have had a practice for a while now of not sending a single message through PSN, as it is just too risky.

Not that I would ever say anything offensive or things that are against TOS, but as there are other communication methods available, I just don't see a reason to even take the chance. If I don't send a single message, nobody can report them.

I was chatting with a guy on reddit. He told his story, he was banned for giving the address of a mental hospital in response to an insult. just the address and nothing else.  So they can get him banned for even saying the word black. 

38 minutes ago, Motik_UA said:

I told my view of the situation

I'm extremely interested to read the conversation (even if it's not in English). Would you kindly provide us with the actual conversation in whole (your remarks, as well as their replies)?

• Like 1