NBA 2K24 Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

1 hour ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

For now yes, but we don't know if 2K will release holo to the market or as rewards, which is what happened in 2K23. Either way, this is mostly be the plat stopper for this year as there no consistent way to obtain holo card other than ripping packs which would either require spending a lot of real money or a lot of time grinding MT.

when did 2k release holo packs? This may be a trophy to ignore until they bring those holos out.

2 minutes ago, blackisrealite said:

when did 2k release holo packs? This may be a trophy to ignore until they bring those holos out.

IIRC 2K did something like this around Season 8 of 2K23, however I only played the game when Season 7 was active so don’t want to spread false information.

The trophy for winning a MyLeague championship isn't popping. I used the usual trick of making every team user-controlled and simulating the entire season. I got the one for making the playoffs, but not for winning the championship. Then I loaded that save and won the final game of the championship in-game, no simulating and it still didn't pop. The trophy is showing as 0.1% achieved on PSN (PSNP is tracking it as 0.0% for some reason) so maybe it's a little different this year...has anyone else had any luck?

On 9/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, VersusCA said:

The trophy for winning a MyLeague championship isn't popping. I used the usual trick of making every team user-controlled and simulating the entire season. I got the one for making the playoffs, but not for winning the championship. Then I loaded that save and won the final game of the championship in-game, no simulating and it still didn't pop. The trophy is showing as 0.1% achieved on PSN (PSNP is tracking it as 0.0% for some reason) so maybe it's a little different this year...has anyone else had any luck?

I can’t speak for myself, but someone has earned it according to recent earners on the leaderboard.

On 9/8/2023 at 11:50 PM, BeefExtender said:

Any word what "each minigame" is for 'True Gamer"? I'm at 80% and have no idea what the goal is. Thanks

Any luck with this, I’m at 80% to. I’m guessing I’ve gotta win a game of unlimited to get the mini game, that’s the only mode I’ve not played or won. 

26 minutes ago, JayBoyXI said:

Kinda glad there isn’t an auction house selling halos, people would have exploited this trophy to bump up the prices. 

Actually, maybe I don't mind them removing the auction house too, Perhaps this would create fair competition opportunities for everyone. I don't know how many trophies might be affected by that because I haven't started the game yet, but if the hardest trophy so far is the trophy about the (13 Holo Cards), I don't expect it will get harder as the game progresses, but for sure It is difficult currently, especially before the start of the NBA, but as we approach, for example, the middle of the NBA season, we will have a large amount of holo cards that will make the trophy much easier.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 11:50 PM, BeefExtender said:

Any word what "each minigame" is for 'True Gamer"? I'm at 80% and have no idea what the goal is. Thanks

If you haven’t done it yet, try the pick up challenge to open the door. It’s a lot easier than doing unlimited. That’s the last one I did for the trophy to pop. 

Edited by JayBoyXI

12 hours ago, JayBoyXI said:

Kinda glad there isn’t an auction house selling halos, people would have exploited this trophy to bump up the prices. 

I don’t think so, maybe for a few cards they can find/control but the supply was large enough for holo’s in past years that they couldn’t control the entire market.  I don’t think there was a filter to find holo’s specifically.  And 99% of NBA 2K players don’t care about trophies.  

Edited by djb5f

Yeah holographic cards were a lot easier to get last year, even early days. It just took a little bit of patience working auction house. This is going to be a nightmare to do no money spent, at least relatively early in the year. Packs are expensive and you would need absurd pack luck to get 13 holos - I've had quite a few "pack opening" videos on in the background while I've played and I don't think I've seen even a single holo card yet.

My plan for now is to accumulate MT and hold it. I think buying cards is more or less a trap as no money spent, it's not that hard to win your domination games even with a low-level squad and that's pretty good MT (~5000 coins per win if you get 3 stars).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VersusCA said:

My plan for now is to accumulate MT and hold it. I think buying cards is more or less a trap as no money spent, it's not that hard to win your domination games even with a low-level squad and that's pretty good MT (~5000 coins per win if you get 3 stars).

Considering that the value of cards on the player market will drop as the season progresses and the resell value is only 40%. Buying anything on it is not smart until the last season.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

So can we not get trophies in Play Now anymore? I did the requirements for the last 11 on the list in one game, and none of the trophies popped. Past 2K games, we've been able to though.

EDIT - I decided to try another Play Now, and got 10 of the last 11, didn't get enough turnovers for Net Gain to pop but everything else worked this time.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe

From what I'm reading, "Bet on Woman" for the PS5 stack is currently unobtainable because they got rid of the progression pillars in WNBA mode. It's sitting at 0.0% PSN and 0 achieved on PSNP...Probably something we should get on 2k about fixing ASAP, pretty silly to copy and paste a trophy that doesn't even apply anymore tbh.

1 hour ago, VersusCA said:

From what I'm reading, "Bet on Woman" for the PS5 stack is currently unobtainable because they got rid of the progression pillars in WNBA mode. It's sitting at 0.0% PSN and 0 achieved on PSNP...Probably something we should get on 2k about fixing ASAP, pretty silly to copy and paste a trophy that doesn't even apply anymore tbh.

The one nba 2k I want to plat and it might be unobtainable lol, such luck I have 

12 hours ago, VersusCA said:

there’s only 2 progression bars from what i’m looking at and they work the same way as last years, have you gotten those too level 10?

8 hours ago, batdslayer26 said:

got this one by doing thus mini games

Ascension

Vault

Prize Wheel

Ball Drop

never encountered the door so I guess it was not included

Which game modes give which mini games? I have two of five done according to the trophy tracker but dont remember which games modes they were from lol