Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

I didn't get a chance to try it again last night, have been a little sick and going to bed earlier--less time for games. Hopefully gonna take another crack at it tonight though.

I just wish it was easier to practice against just Yang in this challenge so I can try that method that @ContactMike mentioned. It sounds really interesting and I want to try it out, but I'm sure it will take a little repetition to get it down. I know there is literally a TRAINING mode, but in my experience, the Yang in the training mode behaves way differently than in the challenge (maybe because of Master difficulty?). Even if you set the behavior to "Aggressive" he doesn't attack as often, and he barely does his sweep.

So my best way to practice is to just keep doing the challenge. On the bright side, I can also practice the other four at the same time.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I didn't get a chance to try it again last night, have been a little sick and going to bed earlier--less time for games. Hopefully gonna take another crack at it tonight though.

I just wish it was easier to practice against just Yang in this challenge so I can try that method that @ContactMike mentioned. It sounds really interesting and I want to try it out, but I'm sure it will take a little repetition to get it down. I know there is literally a TRAINING mode, but in my experience, the Yang in the training mode behaves way differently than in the challenge (maybe because of Master difficulty?). Even if you set the behavior to "Aggressive" he doesn't attack as often, and he barely does his sweep.

So my best way to practice is to just keep doing the challenge. On the bright side, I can also practice the other four at the same time.

Try changing to Custom mode and making yourself invincible. You can take as long as you want with each boss.

I think you have to load a Master difficulty save file and then go to training to train against the Master boss versions

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ContactMike said:

I was gonna record what happens when you deviate in any way from what I'm doing here but I don't think anyone needs me to show them how aggressive Yang can be. I've tried this a handful of times to make sure I'm not just getting lucky with his attack selection or anything and it's been the same routine every time. As long as it's done just like this he stays in this pattern and is somewhat docile by comparison to what he's capable of doing. I know this isn't for everyone and better players are comfortable with being more aggressive and offensive, but this is just one way of dealing with him.

I have to thank you so much for this tip with Yang's first phase. It took me some getting used to cause I tend to pause when using triangle multiple times but eventually I got it down and then it was all about anticipating the sweep. 

I managed to get 3 stamps in all the arena challenges. That's all I wanted. As for gold stamps... f*** that. lol I'll leave that to youtubers like Djisso to do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taizuke said:

I have to thank you so much for this tip with Yang's first phase. It took me some getting used to cause I tend to pause when using triangle multiple times but eventually I got it down and then it was all about anticipating the sweep. 

I managed to get 3 stamps in all the arena challenges. That's all I wanted. As for gold stamps... f*** that. lol I'll leave that to youtubers like Djisso to do that.

I mentioned this in my last post but I realized that doing the 4th heavy attack to him is pointless and only allows him to potentially respond like he does at 0:12, 0:36, etc. It's way easier to do either 3 heavies or 2 heavies and the strong sweep + ground attack and he'll still stay in the same loop. Anyway, glad it helped and congrats on 3-stamping all of the challenges! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OSullivanJA said:

My best advice for Alternate Ending is, when you get a Focus meter, do a heavy sweep Focus attack on one of the two bosses you're facing. It keeps them down on the ground for about 10 seconds, giving you time to deal with the other one.

Played for 25 minutes after reading this and got 2 stamps. S Tier recommendation.

Two left! I'm actually dreading In It For The Long Run as I generally hate survival challenges with annoying mobs, so we'll see how it goes.

Edit: did it first try. Finished Fajar at 38 but started Yang at 28. First time ever doing the Phase 2 wall cheese and I finished at 59. My hands are shaking.

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ContactMike said:

I mentioned this in my last post but I realized that doing the 4th heavy attack to him is pointless and only allows him to potentially respond like he does at 0:12, 0:36, etc. It's way easier to do either 3 heavies or 2 heavies and the strong sweep + ground attack and he'll still stay in the same loop. Anyway, glad it helped and congrats on 3-stamping all of the challenges! 

This is something I realized almost last minute. Anything after the 4th heavy allows him to react unpredictably. So, I just stuck to doing two heavy attacks and backing out.

• Like 1

Woo! I finally got Facing Liming Hui done today! Age 41 which means two stamps! Very pleased. Huge, huge thanks to @ContactMike and @OSullivanJA for tips/videos provided. It was a huge help. Your tips/video for Yang really made a huge difference Mike. I didn't do it as cleanly as you, but I was able to lock him into that pattern and just get him on the sweeps. By the end of it, I almost had it down perfectly, but sometimes he would do a few more punch phases first before the sweep, which threw me off guard. But it was SO solid overall. I bet I could do 3 stamps if I really wanted.

But that isn't necessary, because shortly after, I got my 240 stamps and got that trophy too, finishing the PS4 stack. Now to do it all again on the PS5 stack so I can have both 100%'s again. I guess the tracking for 240 stamps still isn't fixed on PS5 yet though. Bummer.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Woo! I finally got Facing Liming Hui done today! Age 41 which means two stamps! Very pleased. Huge, huge thanks to @ContactMike and @OSullivanJA for tips/videos provided. It was a huge help. Your tips/video for Yang really made a huge difference Mike. I didn't do it as cleanly as you, but I was able to lock him into that pattern and just get him on the sweeps. By the end of it, I almost had it down perfectly, but sometimes he would do a few more punch phases first before the sweep, which threw me off guard. But it was SO solid overall. I bet I could do 3 stamps if I really wanted.

Hell yeah! Congrats man. I was happy just to scrape by as an old man with 1 stamp at the start but the game keeps making me come back to try to improve.

55 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

But that isn't necessary, because shortly after, I got my 240 stamps and got that trophy too, finishing the PS4 stack. Now to do it all again on the PS5 stack so I can have both 100%'s again. I guess the tracking for 240 stamps still isn't fixed on PS5 yet though. Bummer.

Oh damn, long road ahead but I'm sure you'll get through it way faster this time. And yeah I was wishing they would fix it before October but not looking good.

Just a bit more about Yang: After spending some more time on it, I think your positioning might determine what attack he decides to do, too. Since I've started doing the sweep + ground attack, I've started dashing back asap after the animation ends and that seems to be the right distance. If you're standing right next to him when he gets up, he tends to do the slow, heavy punches instead. It's been a bit inconsistent, though. I've also been messing with working him into a pattern in the 2nd phase too but he seems even more wild when it comes to positioning and attack selection. I might post one last video with both phases if I get him down consistently enough.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JamesNickolaus said:

Does anyone have any tips or strategies? I can not for the life of me get past the third challenge in dragon 🙄

Try to watch some videos and try to replicate it's strategies

On my case I did that and I'm trying to 100% the PS4 version after get all the trophies (except the bugged one) on PS5 and I beat Alternative Ending and Facing Liming Hui first try with 2 stamps each, so practice makes perfect with this game.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post

AND IT'S DONE. 

Hidden Dragon has been the single most mentally stressful trophy I've earned. I've never played a game that made me think that I was such an absolute dogshit player, whilst at the same time actually encouraging me to keep playing through showing that I am actually improving.

It took me 30 hours to get the platinum at launch and do Arenas 1. My playtime is now 76 hours, so this has been an absolute struggle.

Many thanks to @ContactMike and @OSullivanJA for their videos. Those strategies are absolutely spot on. Also thanks to many others who posted here when the trophies were announced and have been encouraging throughout, such as @Warrior_of_Doom, despite the hectic backlash from some at the beginning.

Edit: forgot to mention @PaulBurgers for their strat on how to stunlock Jinfeng in her second phase. Absolute winner.

Edited by BusyFace13
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

AND IT'S DONE. 

Hidden Dragon has been the single most mentally stressful trophy I've earned. I've never played a game that made me think that I was such an absolute dogshit player, whilst at the same time actually encouraging me to keep playing through showing that I am actually improving.

It took me 30 hours to get the platinum at launch and do Arenas 1. My playtime is now 76 hours, so this has been an absolute struggle.

Many thanks to @ContactMike and @OSullivanJA for their videos. Those strategies are absolutely spot on. Also thanks to many others who posted here when the trophies were announced and have been encouraging throughout, such as @Warrior_of_Doom, despite the hectic backlash from some at the beginning.

Edit: forgot to mention @PaulBurgers for their strat on how to stunlock Jinfeng in her second phase. Absolute winner.

Congratulations and well done @BusyFace13 !! As I had mentioned in an earlier post, I do believe that most players won't get the dragon arena trophy, simply because of the spike in difficulty, but I also mentioned most people won't get it because they get discouraged too fast by setbacks. With time and practice more people will be able to get, but most people won't dedicate the time needed to understand the mechanics, enemy patterns etc.

Congratz to all of you who have achieved getting the dragon arenas done!

Finally I will again highly recommend people who struggle with this, to not give up! you will be surprised what a bit of practice will make you accomplish. I believe in all of you!

Good luck!

Warrior_of_Doom.png

Edited by Warrior_of_Doom

3 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

Have we heard anything about a patch yet, and is the PS4 version not glitched? I just hit 240 and got the trophy but I haven’t gotten it either time I’ve done that on the PS5 version. 

I haven't heard anything about a patch yet..

I would love for it to happen soon though, because I have all tiger arenas 3 stamps/gold and all dragon arenas 3 stamps/gold except for 7 arenas which I now leave until the update in case you have earn a new stamp after the update.. don't want to get all 3 stamps now in case it don't count to earn a stamp you already had

Warrior_of_Doom.png

Edited by Warrior_of_Doom

5 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Can confirm its fixed!! You just need to replay a challenge and it pops. 

Yeah, I was worried for some people at first because I thought you had to earn an extra stamp. 

It appears you need to clear a challenge regardless of stamp level. I tried just jumping off the edge of the helipad and it didn’t work. 

3 hours ago, OSullivanJA said:

I feel bad for the people who actually got it first but won't appear in the First Achievers now because they weren't there when the patch was released 😊

I relate to this so much. I was away from home when the patch dropped so I only got it about half hour ago. Hopefully it keeps me in the top 50 earners. Congratulations to everyone who’s regained the 100%. What an achievement. 

• Like 3

Oh, this is great news! I'm done with the PS4 stack and i'm on the 3rd-to-last packet of Tiger challenges right now for PS5. Got a ways to go obviously for the second 100% but I'm gonna enjoy it. All the training will make this easier the second time around. Very happy to hear it's fixed.

Edited by Veritas7Ax
  • Like 1