Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

After Facing Liming Hui (fun fact: in Russian language Hui means dick) all others were very easy except Alternative Ending. Got Hidden Dragon trophy.

My top 3:

1. Facing Liming Hui

2. Alternative Ending

3. Fair fight

Solid 8/10 difficulty from me.

As for tips, I can't add something new. Just stick to the tips from others, they are good. I'd also suggest practicing in the last arena with unlimited lives to get better understanding.

Good luck boys, it is a trophy to be proud of.

Edited by BossMadMax
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

I think the issue most people will face, is having the patience to learn the enemy patterns

That's exactly how I approached the fights generally speaking. Just practice a boss mode over and over again and see which moves you can dodge and parry. Most importantly if you cannot see which direction you have to dodge in real time, memorize the start of attack animations so that you know "ah they're going to do this combo."

This helped me a lot dealing with kuroki. 

Fajaar was tricky though on master difficulty. I just couldn't get a read on him and I couldn't react to his leg sweeps. 

But yea overall, it's nowhere near a difficult game (not an 8/10, certainly not 10/10) that some made it out to be. I've played worse 😅. Just keep at it folks and don't get frustrated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

That's exactly how I approached the fights generally speaking. Just practice a boss mode over and over again and see which moves you can dodge and parry. Most importantly if you cannot see which direction you have to dodge in real time, memorize the start of attack animations so that you know "ah they're going to do this combo."

This helped me a lot dealing with kuroki. 

Fajaar was tricky though on master difficulty. I just couldn't get a read on him and I couldn't react to his leg sweeps. 

But yea overall, it's nowhere near a difficult game (not an 8/10, certainly not 10/10) that some made it out to be. I've played worse 😅. Just keep at it folks and don't get frustrated. 

Personally I don't consider it a hard game when you have put in time and got knowledge about the mechanics, enemies, combos etc. For new players or people who didn't really put in time will find it incredibly difficult at first. For me I would rate it as a 4/10 because It is the type of game I am comfortable with and put in a lot of time getting all stamps because I love the game, but I can also put myself in other peoples shoes and definitely believe it will be too hard for the average player and even good players to complete if the game style is not for them.

For sure the total percentage of people having this game 100% will be low, but the worst enemy for most people will be themselves by giving up too soon.

1 hour ago, BossMadMax said:

For example?

I have a few. This is just my opinion of course so you're welcome to disagree. 

In no particular order from the top of my head. 

1) DMC V. DmD and Hell and Hell difficulty were tough. 

2) Hard Reset and shadow warrior (both games are made by the same devs) and they require you beat each chapter on the hardest difficulty without dying. While you do get one life per chapter and you restart the chapter only not the whole game, each chapter can take 40-60 minutes so you still need to know the game pretty well.

3) challenges 4 and 6 in vanquish. 

-----

At the end of the day, difficulty is subjective. What you might find is easy, I might find challenging and vice versa. I didn't think the DLC difficulty was too bad even if it took me 10+ retries. I say this because the time investment wasn't too bad. I managed to beat it after 2 days of practicing the bosses (each session being about ~2 hrs btw). Contrast that with other games that require so much more which is why I reserve the 8/10 ratings or higher for those type of games especially for ones where it's permadeath. 

20 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

I have a few. This is just my opinion of course so you're welcome to disagree. 

In no particular order from the top of my head. 

1) DMC V. DmD and Hell and Hell difficulty were tough. 

2) Hard Reset and shadow warrior (both games are made by the same devs) and they require you beat each chapter on the hardest difficulty without dying. While you do get one life per chapter and you restart the chapter only not the whole game, each chapter can take 40-60 minutes so you still need to know the game pretty well.

3) challenges 4 and 6 in vanquish. 

-----

At the end of the day, difficulty is subjective. What you might find is easy, I might find challenging and vice versa. I didn't think the DLC difficulty was too bad even if it took me 10+ retries. I say this because the time investment wasn't too bad. I managed to beat it after 2 days of practicing the bosses (each session being about ~2 hrs btw). Contrast that with other games that require so much more which is why I reserve the 8/10 ratings or higher for those type of games especially for ones where it's permadeath. 

So, this 3 games you think harder? So what about 9/10 or 10/10 in you opinion?

I can tell about vanquish, when I did it on Xbox 360 both missions were much easier. 4th maybe 3rd try, 6th took me about 3-4 hours legit. But if we talking about using cheap tactics (like we all did in Sifu), there is infinite emp grenades glitch. 

Next, if you really like the game, there is no such thing as difficulty. I got all stars in trials in Mirrors Edge, I did everything in Metal Gear Rising Revengeance (I mean much, more than trophies, including some wr), which platinum rating here is 9/10 and a lot in others games, but I like them very much so for me it is easy as pie. That's why those who really loves to play Sifu will not find it hard at all.

In the end we are talking about middle gamer who don't want to master Sifu and he wants just this trophy. And this game from this point is hard.

Edited by BossMadMax

48 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

So, this 3 games you think harder?

Yep, my opinion. 

48 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

So what about 9/10 or 10/10 in you opinion?

I can't say I have ever platted a 9/10 or a 10/10 game 😅. But if I had to choose what games are an 8-9/10, max Payne and Wolfenstein II deserve those because of perma death. A 10/10 game to me is something like crypt of the necrodancer. Something that a few in the world can only accomplish. 

51 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

Next, if you really like the game, there is no such thing as difficulty. I got all stars in trials in Mirrors Edge,

I agree because I enjoyed mirror's edge a lot and I even got 99 stars despite it not being required for the trophy. 

52 minutes ago, BossMadMax said:

In the end we are talking about middle gamer who don't want to master Sifu and he wants just this trophy

Fair enough. I wouldn't put myself through it though if I wasn't enjoying the game but I acknowledge not everyone is the same. I bailed out on a lot of easy games simply because I wasn't having fun. 

Anyway, back to Sifu... fine, I won't give a rating but to those who are reading this, just know that it's very much so doable. You'd be surprised how much easier it becomes if you go to practice mode and put in the effort. However, if you expect to just pop in, play the DLC and have a quick turnaround, then you're not going to have a fun time. 

On 9/18/2023 at 2:28 AM, AlvinoMartin said:

Im currently 32/45 on dragon arenas. Hoping they patched the bug on stamps soon tho. 

Now I'm 38/45, I'm terrified by the last 5 challenges, but until here, the most difficult set so far was the first one, maybe I'm more used to the game and mechanics now, but the spike difficult between tiger and dragon challenges was insane in that moment.

Wish me luck with these last challenges!

1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Now I'm 38/45, I'm terrified by the last 5 challenges, but until here, the most difficult set so far was the first one, maybe I'm more used to the game and mechanics now, but the spike difficult between tiger and dragon challenges was insane in that moment.

I feel the same way. The first Dragon arenas beat me senseless until I got used to the game again. Now I've 2 left (Alternate Ending and Facing Liming Hui) and they're a struggle but I'm improving each time. Hopefully I'll be able to beat them in the next day or two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Ok, so I’ve made a ton of progress since I last came here to complain, but Fair Fight is kicking my ass. As long as I’ve spent playing this game, I’ve never been able to get my brain to recognize and avoid sweep attacks, and that’s all this challenge is. 

And, naturally, I beat it right after complaining. 

Do we know if the patch will fix the 240 bug retroactively? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

And, naturally, I beat it right after complaining. 

Do we know if the patch will fix the 240 bug retroactively? 

We don't know yet, I hope so because I didn't make a backup.

A little bit of progress today, only 3 challenges left, Alternative ending, In it for the long run and, obviously, Facing Liming Hui, I think I start by In it for the long run and after Alternative ending, I'm open for tips on how handle this final test.

My most hated boss is Yang, and is it present of all three challeges...

Edit: I'm at Kuroki at age 20 on In it for the long run and I'm getting nervous, Kuroki and Yang can easily hit me until I hit 75 from 20 hahaha.

Edit2: Jingfeng at 20, I had to take pauses... But this is still first try

Edit3: I manage to get to Yang at age 21, I'm so nervous, I hope I manage to get to phase 2 and try the strat from Bika

Final update: i get to the second phase at age 35 or so, but Yang dont jump any single time, so destroys me... I had to start over...

Final update 2: At the second try, after practice a little bit the strat in the tiger challenge, I finally did it, woth age 32, quite good!

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 4

Ok, I’m down to two challenges left. No need to guess which they are. 

Can someone tell me how the heck this guy manages to sweep these bosses right after throwing them like this? Every time I throw it sends them too far away, and the sweep rarely ever works for me to begin with. 

1 hour ago, ONUOsFan said:

Can someone tell me how the heck this guy manages to sweep these bosses right after throwing them like this? Every time I throw it sends them too far away, and the sweep rarely ever works for me to begin with. 

If you press triangle right after a throw your character will do that sweep. It's called "Chasing Trip Kick". It also works with "Palm Strike". 

Hopefully that answers your question.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Taizuke said:

If you press triangle right after a throw your character will do that sweep. It's called "Chasing Trip Kick". It also works with "Palm Strike". 

Hopefully that answers your question.

That is genius. How have I played this game so long and never figured that out? 🤦🏼‍♂️

17 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Good luck bro for real!! Havent got the cahnce to play again. But yes. Especially dewling eith fajar challenge break my spirit before i knew he can be thrown from second story cus ive tried from the top floor he couldnt be thrown and he got life steal so.. and yes. We def got the hang of it more and more

8 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

That is genius. How have I played this game so long and never figured that out? 🤦🏼‍♂️

I was wondering this as well. lol

Believe me, this game finds ways to still teach us something every step of the way. I know for sure I still have much to learn despite being halfway into the dragon Arenas.

6 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

It's amazing that you really only left 2 challenges and never know this trick, is what I use to deal with all the mobs besides grunts, some enemies after a parry or evade have an open that you can punish with two heavy attacks, followed by a throw, chasing kick, low kick and floor punch, is very useful, even with bosses (only can do one heavy, and Yang cannot be throw so don't try that on him)

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I use this so much my recordings get repetitive 😄

It absolutely demolishes Jinfeng's structure in particular. Dodge, Palm Strike, Chasing Trip Kick, hold circle to pound on the ground. Or even better, if you've a focus bar, Eye poke, Palm Strike, Chasing Trip Kick, Ground Pound. You can throw in a sweep at the end instead of the Ground Pound if you get bored of doing the same move over and over 😋

I beat Alternative Ending yesterday (my time was 5:02 😤) so I just have Facing Liming Hui left.

Edited by OSullivanJA
typo
  • Like 1

I've now beat every challenge except the last one. Well technically, I've also skipped the one where you have to throw the person in the mountain lake for a trophy. I'm holding back one challenge (and trophy) in case that somehow helps register stamps after they fix the bug. 

I've practiced Facing Liming Hu for three hours. Strangely enough, I'm struggling to beat that jerk of an old lady with the bag/chain of infinite speed and distance. I don't know what elder god she prayed to in order to throw the bag 30 meters within a fraction of a second, but I'm convinced it violates the speed of light and plan to do the math 🙃

I can make it to her with about two to three deaths consistently, but then I get wrecked enough by her that I go into the Yang fight with about one death too many. During my first hour, I magically made it to Yang and had him down to two hits in his final phase and choked it away. Didn't do that well again for the next two hours. Hoping after sleeping on it, I will be able to beat it the next time I play. 

Is there a specific distance I need to stand from Jinfeng to bait her into doing the more consistent combo? 

32 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Is there a specific distance I need to stand from Jinfeng to bait her into doing the more consistent combo? 

She is indeed super annoying. I struggled with her too. I did find a pretty easy way to defeat her second phase. Trip her and pummel her while she is on the ground. Once you get up do a back step and charge your back fist. The moment she goes to attack strike her and knock her on the ground again. Just keep doing this until you beat her. 

• Like 1