Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

12 minutes ago, PaulBurgers said:

She is indeed super annoying. I struggled with her too. I did find a pretty easy way to defeat her second phase. Trip her and pummel her while she is on the ground. Once you get up do a back step and charge your back fist. The moment she goes to attack strike her and knock her on the ground again. Just keep doing this until you beat her. 

Thank you for the fast response! I may try this tonight.

To clarify, I do the standard two punch ground pummel, then after the animation of lifting her up, immediately do the steps you outlined. Does she consistently stay close enough to hit, or does she sometimes use her Spiderman powers to run away?

17 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Thank you for the fast response! I may try this tonight.

To clarify, I do the standard two punch ground pummel, then after the animation of lifting her up, immediately do the steps you outlined. Does she consistently stay close enough to hit, or does she sometimes use her Spiderman powers to run away?

You are welcome! 

Yes, you are correct. I found this to work 90% of the time. Save a focus for the start of the second phase and use the eye strike one. throw her and then press triangle. You will knock her on her feet and then you can start the steps I mentioned. Using this method I was able to make quick work of her. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iamthedotcom said:

Is there a specific distance I need to stand from Jinfeng to bait her into doing the more consistent combo? 

One easy way to deal with her is to run as far away a possible from her and make enough distance where she can't hit you. let her swing her weapon so you can see exactly how far it reach. then when you know the distance. stand at the edge of her reach, dodge her first 2 swings which will always be dodged by pressing left or right (doesn't matter which) move back out of her reach, go back to dodge the first two swings again..do this to fill you focus bars and easily take her out

Warrior_of_Doom.png

Edited by Warrior_of_Doom
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

It is so amazing to see all of you making such good progress @ONUOsFan @AlvinoMartin @Steven-Spiegel @OSullivanJA

I have no doubt in my mind that you will all achieve your goal and beat every dragon challenge. keep up the good fight!

Warrior_of_Doom.png

Thanks, today after a lot of tries I pass Alternative Ending challenge, with only a hit until die, is a tricky challenge for sure, now the grind for the last one, I don't know how many hours of training I'm gonna need.

13 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

It's amazing that you really only left 2 challenges and never know this trick, is what I use to deal with all the mobs besides grunts, some enemies after a parry or evade have an open that you can punish with two heavy attacks, followed by a throw, chasing kick, low kick and floor punch, is very useful, even with bosses (only can do one heavy, and Yang cannot be throw so don't try that on him)

Thanks. I’ll see if I can master this combo - it sounds like it would be very helpful. 

I only have the last challenge left now. I’m just really struggling with learning the new patterns for Fajar and Jinfeng. Sean I have down pretty well. Kuroki I’ve never been good at, and I’m still not. In a couple of hours practicing yesterday, the best I’ve done is Jinfeng’s second phase. 

I never thought I’d be saying this but I’ve joined the ‘Hidden Dragon’ club.

‘In it for the long run’ was the first one I managed to crack at the age of 62 (70 for one stamp). I found this one the easiest of the three and were it not for the fact that I’m absolutely God awful at Yang I think I could have brought that age down considerably.

‘Alternative ending’ gave me a fair bit of grief and I kept finding myself facing off against Sean and Fajar with just a smidge of health… as soon as I was able to get to them with a better health bar it was game over and I narrowly missed three stamps by 4 seconds.

Finally came the biggest test of the lot (in my opinion) ‘Facing Liming Hui’. This challenge kicked my arse for days. The majority of my lives were lost to Sean, which is quite ironic as he is widely considered the easiest boss on Master difficulty. I finally managed to get the lucky run this evening. I finished age 75 one punch away from death. Relieved is not the word. I can’t see myself putting this game down any time soon so I’m gonna dive back in and try and improve upon some stamps… maybe not the aforementioned levels, as I value my sanity. Thank you guys for all your help, it’s been awesome watching so many of you master this game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CraigyCX said:

I never thought I’d be saying this but I’ve joined the ‘Hidden Dragon’ club.

‘In it for the long run’ was the first one I managed to crack at the age of 62 (70 for one stamp). I found this one the easiest of the three and were it not for the fact that I’m absolutely God awful at Yang I think I could have brought that age down considerably.

‘Alternative ending’ gave me a fair bit of grief and I kept finding myself facing off against Sean and Fajar with just a smidge of health… as soon as I was able to get to them with a better health bar it was game over and I narrowly missed three stamps by 4 seconds.

Finally came the biggest test of the lot (in my opinion) ‘Facing Liming Hui’. This challenge kicked my arse for days. The majority of my lives were lost to Sean, which is quite ironic as he is widely considered the easiest boss on Master difficulty. I finally managed to get the lucky run this evening. I finished age 75 one punch away from death. Relieved is not the word. I can’t see myself putting this game down any time soon so I’m gonna dive back in and try and improve upon some stamps… maybe not the aforementioned levels, as I value my sanity. Thank you guys for all your help, it’s been awesome watching so many of you master this game. 

Congrats!

When/if I finish, I will keep playing also, because I have 5 more chances to get the game back to 100%. I did both console versions on three different profiles. 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warrior_of_Doom said:

It is so amazing to see all of you making such good progress @ONUOsFan @AlvinoMartin @Steven-Spiegel @OSullivanJA

I have no doubt in my mind that you will all achieve your goal and beat every dragon challenge. keep up the good fight!

Warrior_of_Doom.png

I just got it! 😮‍💨 it took a few days of practicing and I had to cheese Fajar phase 1 and Yang phase 2 by getting them to wall jump at me constantly but I got there in the end. And I already think I can improve upon this but not tonight.

To anybody else doubting they can do this: you absolutely can. I'm by no means an expert. You just have to learn a few decent tricks for each boss and practice them. 2 days ago I wasn't able to get passed Jinfeng phase 1. 

Think I might put together a simple combo/pattern guide tomorrow

• Like 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:30 AM, Warrior_of_Doom said:

Well done @PooPooBlast and @BossMadMax 

I think the issue most people will face, is having the patience to learn the enemy patterns.

When you understand the moves the difficulty is honestly quite easy.

So I strongly recommend anybody who struggles to keep going an don't be discouraged too fast

It doesn’t seem to be a matter of patience for me. I just CAN NOT LEARN THE F-ING PATTERNS no matter how many times I try. 

I need one of those videos like people did for Sekiro, where it slows everything down and repeats it so that you can actually learn to recognize them. Trying to do it while playing is not working for me at all. 

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OSullivanJA said:

I can try and put together a video of how I did it. It's not going to be pretty but it worked for me. I'll summarize each phase first though in case it helps.

Fajar Phase 1 - Cheese it. When he goes kick, kick, sweep or kick, kick, roundhouse, it's near impossible to predict and you just have to get lucky (there is some pattern of when he'll sweep or not but let's not deal with that). So take luck out of it and hug the wall and keep your distance. He'll jump off the wall and you can dodge and punish and back away. When you get enough focus, use an Eye poke, Palm Strike, Chasing Trip Kick, Ground Pound to do extra damage.

Fajar Phase 2 - A bit less cheesy. Be ready to use a charged back fist whenever he does the move where he turns his back and spins around and slashes. You can catch him before his first slash when he's still in the air and punish him. You don't have to have it fully charged and you can't be too far away or you won't catch him. When he disappears and jumps out for a slash, you can punish that like in phase 1.

Sean Phase 1 - Dodging is key. He normally opens with a sweep, which is really telegraphed. When swings his arms over his head and goes for the sweep. Dodge up and punish. Another combo he does is where he swings around in a big circle for three hits. Dodge all of these and punish.

Sean Phase 2 - A lot like phase 1. If you get phase 1 down, you can do this easily. There's just an extra time where he might mix in the sweep but if you've started to recognize it, you'll get this.

Kuroki Phase 1 - This is the only one where I think there's a tricky combo you might not be used to. She has a couple of different combos and you can ignore nearly all of them, except for two, by keeping your distance. When she goes Low, Mid, Low, Mid, you can punish this combo. After the first mid, do a Snap Kick followed by a Crotch punch. That's Up, Up, Heavy followed by Up, Up, Light. When you do this right, you jump over the second low and hit and under the second mid and stun her.

By the way, if Up, Up, Heavy/Light is too tricky for you, Down, Down, Heavy/Light might be better. If you're close enough to her it still works.

Here's a clip from Djisso's Master Kuroki strategy video - https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxu1HZHx8UOiECXYpGEJKyNyry-U518QAW?si=z6aqzIY7P6daCQj_

The other combo to watch out for is where she spins her blades around and comes rushing at you. Keep tapping block to parry these until she gets to the end of it. When she gets to the end I usually dodge down because I can't get the timing right to parry all of these. Hitting most of these parry's will do a lot of structure damage and it's hard to avoid anyway. 

Any other combo she does, you can ignore and keep your distance.

Kuroki Phase 2 - When she comes running at you, when she's about the distance away from you that you would be at the start of a 2D fighting game like Street Fighter, do a crotch punch (Up, Up, Light) to interrupt her. She'll back off and not do her killer combo. If she runs in again, crotch punch again.

If she jumps in the air to throw her kunai, catch them and throw them back.

When she does her pose where the light flashes and she dashes in, dodge down when you see the flash and punish. Sometimes she fakes this and does another one, just don't panic. You have time to dodge down again and punish the fakeout too.

Jinfeng Phase 1 - If you're good at parrying, then parry but otherwise just learn the dodge timing. After her third hit, rush in and hit her. Keep a middle distance away. Not too far, not too close. If you get caught by the sweep, DON'T GET UP. She'll bonk you on the head but if you stay on the ground, it won't hit you.

Jinfeng Phase 2 - Very similar to phase 1. Watch out for when her weapon glows and she swings it at you because she'll pull you in and hit you. It takes a bit of practice for both of these phases but when I decided to dodge rather than parry, I faired much better against her.

Yang Phase 1 - For this, you have to resist the temptation to hit him when you think you can. Do a combination of dodges and parrys when he's attacking. It's very obvious when he's going for a sweep so dodge over this and punish. For some of his other combos, if you try and hit everytime you think you can, he'll parry and punish you. So just back off a bit. Don't be aggressive. Give him little taps every now and then. Practice this by using the training mode after switching to a Master difficulty save file.

Yang Phase 2 - Oh the tension! I was 75 going into this and had half health. So I did the same strategy as Fajar Phase 1. Walk away from him and hug the wall. When he jumps off the wall, dodge and punish. It's slower than Fajar's one but you can get it.

This is great - thank you so much for taking the time to put it together. I tried the wall kick method last night for Fajar but was having a hard time with the timing. I’ll get that down, though. For Kuroki, staying away was my strategy during the main game, and I think I had it in my head that I needed to be more aggressive here, but that was definitely making it harder on myself. I had already started dodging Jinfeng instead of parrying and it was helping a lot. Haven’t even had a chance to try Yang yet. 😬

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the tips, I still don't try the last challenge, I put the modifier of max health for training and I was thinking, wow this is easier than I thought or I'm a real Sifu? Then I realize that I had to activate master difficulty too... 🤣

Edit: Yeah baby! I'm a real Sifu! After my mistake I did a proper training, and after that, on my first real try I finish it at age 65, all this tips and training worth it, at the beginning of the DLC seems impossible to get this trophy, but with perseverance everyone can do it!

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

Got to her at 35 with three full focus bars and finally beat her, barely. Yang killed me in about ten seconds. 

What I did for Jinfeng was a mix of parrys and dodge, trying to stay away and get used to her rhythm, when is high I try to parry, and only avoid the sweeps to recover posture and running to her, if I have a focus bar, eve, heavy, throw and floor punch, if not, heavy heavy heavy and run away, in second phase I'm also dodge her grab attack, if you are in a certain distance is easy to see if gonna be a grab.

For Yang in the end was easy for me the first phase, only do dodges and when the time slows, heavy heavy heavy and repeat, always wait him to attack, if he back down, prepare to dodge the sweep and punish, in this way is very easy and in the second phase, lure him to the walls and make the @Bika-FS tactic. For me works fine dodge, heavy, light, light, hevay and run away tonforce his jump again.

This guide of Djisso is more or less what I explain, in master difficulty is almost the same.

Good luck and with practice your gonna get it!

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Thanks for all the tips, I still don't try the last challenge, I put the modifier of max health for training and I was thinking, wow this is easier than I thought or I'm a real Sifu? Then I realize that I had to activate master difficulty too... 🤣

Edit: Yeah baby! I'm a real Sifu! After my mistake I did a proper training, and after that, on my first real try I finish it at age 65, all this tips and training worth it, at the beginning of the DLC seems impossible to get this trophy, but with perseverance everyone can do it!

Well done!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

What I did for Jinfeng was a mix of parrys and dodge, trying to stay away and get used to her rhythm, when is high I try to parry, and only avoid the sweeps to recover posture and running to her, if I have a focus bar, eve, heavy, throw and floor punch, if not, heavy heavy heavy and run away, in second phase I'm also dodge her grab attack, if you are in a certain distance is easy to see if gonna be a grab.

For Yang in the end was easy for me the first phase, only do dodges and when the time slows, heavy heavy heavy and repeat, always wait him to attack, if he back down, prepare to dodge the sweep and punish, in this way is very easy and in the second phase, lure him to the walls and make the @Bika-FS tactic. For me works fine dodge, heavy, light, light, hevay and run away tonforce his jump again.

This guide of Djisso is more or less what I explain, in master difficulty is almost the same.

Good luck and with practice your gonna get it!

I took some time to practice Yang and got to his second phase for the first time this morning, but I can’t seem to get him to wall jump in practice, so I’m not sure if I should try to learn it for the first time when I’m 75. 😂

at least I feel like I’m making progress, slow as it is. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I took some time to practice Yang and got to his second phase for the first time this morning, but I can’t seem to get him to wall jump in practice, so I’m not sure if I should try to learn it for the first time when I’m 75. 😂

Try to do the boss fight in the tiger challenges as a training, I had also problems luring him into the wall the first time, the strategy is stay into the wall and wait until Yang approach the wall too, then go away and wait until he jumps. Then repeat

6 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

The fact that you are making it to Jinfeng with pretty good age/resources means you are making great progress. Strangely, she was also my problem and was keeping me from beating that challenge. I eventually had to say f*ck it, and I spent like 30 minutes just walking her around the arena, not engaging in any way to get a really good sense of her speed and range. It was boring as hell, but spending that much time just watching her swing really helped keep my nerves calm and gave me a much better sense of when I could parry some blows, etc. 

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 1

Well, I’ve just reached a new high and a new low at the same time. 

I got to Yang at age 30. Yay!

I had probably my worst performance against him ever and didn’t even get 1/3 of the way through the first phase before I failed the challenge. 🤬

Edited by ONUOsFan

20 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Well, I’ve just reached a new high and a new low at the same time. 

I got to Yang at age 30. Yay!

I had probably my worst performance against him ever and didn’t even get 1/3 of the way through the first phase before I failed the challenge. 🤬

Exact same thing again. Unbelievable. All of a sudden I can do nothing with Yang. 

So I guess the stamps trophy is not glitched on PS4? Working on that stack first myself, so at least I can get that done. I'm in the last 2 packets of challenges and I know the hardest ones are coming.

Edit: Yup, just reached Alternative Ending and holy hell. Fighting two bosses at once with one life is just unfair lol. I need to read through this thread again to find some tips.

Edit 2: And yeah, this is where I face my first real bout of adversity in this set of arena challenges. The other ones leading up to this were tough but this is like going from a 5/10 to an 11/10 in difficulty spike. I can't beat Jin Feng + Kuroki without losing about 3/4 of my health. This is gonna be crazy hard and I'm getting frustrated easily.

Edited by Veritas7Ax