Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

This game is such an amazing love letter to martial arts films. I'm just gobsmacked on how much detail and love they put into some of these arenas. I had plowed through the first DLC when it originally came out, so I had no clue that they added even more to the Tiger Arena's on top of the new Dragon Arena's. The museum and server arenas are absolutely gorgeous. 

Big shout out to @Laozuli and @Bika-FS for posting your tips. I just started today, so they were very helpful. Please keep posting you brilliant bastards!

Like has been stated by others, the Tiger Arenas are pretty consistent in terms of difficulty, with the biggest spike in Dragon occurring on any scenario's that throw you into Master difficulty. I also wholeheartedly agree that 240 stamps won't be the problem. It sounds like the last couple batches of Dragon maps will be the biggest issue. 

Finally, I will encourage those who think it isn't possible to at least give it a shot if you like the game. Find something to connect with the game and just practice a bit. I love the art style and all of the old school references, so I think it is less a mental burden to keep playing. I'm an incredibly average gamer and was able to earn stamps in over 45 different levels today. True, I have the hardest parts of Dragon remaining, but knowing others have done it already and the fact that more strats will come out is encouraging. Also, don't stress about getting it done in the next few months. Let the badasses I mentioned above (and others like them) lead the way and develop strats for us casuals to practice 😄

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

This game is such an amazing love letter to martial arts films. I'm just gobsmacked on how much detail and love they put into some of these arenas. I had plowed through the first DLC when it originally came out, so I had no clue that they added even more to the Tiger Arena's on top of the new Dragon Arena's. The museum and server arenas are absolutely gorgeous. 

For sure, this game is a gem. I love all of the martial arts and action film references, as well as the visuals/physics and just general mechanics of the game. It's one of those games that you can feel the love put into it. The martial arts director is an actual sifu himself who created all of the moves for the game.

On an embarrassing side note, the trophy "Fighter in the Pond", which requires you to toss an enemy into a lake using the Directional Throw, made me realize (after around 80 hours of playtime) that it was even possible to do that. I just never used the Directional Throw so I didn't know you could use it to toss enemy over railings, but looking back it could've definitely come in handy on certain challenges, like Beyond the Brink where you're guarding a narrow railway up high. When a powerful enemy comes along, an Eye Strike and Directional Throw near the railing is an instant kill.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ContactMike said:

Generally speaking for the challenges, I relied on the Crotch Punch and the Palm Strike a lot.

This, specially the Crotch Punch is a game changer for me, I struggled a lot getting 3 stamps in one of the first score challenges, then I read on a youtube comment that in that challenge using Croth Punch followed by triangle is enough. I tried and the weakest mobs lose his posture very quickly with this combo and is very easy to achive the 3 stamps, I'm currently cleaning the old challenges getting better stamps, currently at 90 but I still don't complete any of the new arenas hahaha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ContactMike said:

On an embarrassing side note, the trophy "Fighter in the Pond", which requires you to toss an enemy into a lake using the Directional Throw, made me realize (after around 80 hours of playtime) that it was even possible to do that. I just never used the Directional Throw so I didn't know you could use it to toss enemy over railings, but looking back it could've definitely come in handy on certain challenges, like Beyond the Brink where you're guarding a narrow railway up high. When a powerful enemy comes along, an Eye Strike and Directional Throw near the railing is an instant kill.

Same happend for me! Once I figured out you can do that, it was a total gamechanger. 

Heights are usually your friend since you can throw enemies off for instant kills, they accidentally fall off themselves of your hits make them fall off. Even fighting on stairs pays off since if they get hit backwards, they roll down the stairs and take extra damage or die.

If there is no time limit on a level, always try to find some higher ground to fight, even small elevations work like the stage on the club level. 

Another trick I picked up that I didn't use that often before was throwing weapons or kicking them with R1. Stages sometimes give you plenty of weapons while you would only use 1 or 2 and the others are just lying around. So throw them at the tougher enemies or kick them from the ground to stun them or do extra posture damage. Usually, you just need to do a few more hit and you got the takedown already. Or better, throw the weapon, they get stunned and throw them off from a height for an instant kill. Way better then swinging your weapon around. 

For the challenges on enviromental damage, don't forget you can do a sweeping attack by running and doing triangle. They fall down and are no longer invulnerable. This works on any grunt or flashkick. Throw weapons on the other type of enemies. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I remember when I used to like this game. This DLC has sucked the fun out of it for me. I can’t even finish the first set of 5 new challenges. 

I'm truly sorry about that. I've been there before. Booting up a game that I ultimately ended up not liking a major mechanic or the DLC being fundamentally different from the main list. I don't use alternate accounts, so I've had to slog through some games that I really did not enjoy. It would probably be healthier for me if this DLC breaks my 100% streak. 

What challenge type do you like the most? For example, I like the score missions since they don't have a timer. Maybe pick a type of challenge that you enjoy and then grind most stamps from that? The first Dragon arena basically teaches you that throwing enemies off things is the way to go, so don't hesitate to spam throw. 

• Like 1

I have been reading and you leave me very worried about the difficulty of the DLC. Do you think they will be able to nerf it one day?

I'm very rusty with this game. Does anyone who has played the game after a long time have any recommendations for warming up for the dlc? I will wait for them to fix the bug trophy and lower the difficulty

17 minutes ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

For consoles we must wait, maybe due the burocracy policy for hotfixs on psn by Sony

Thanks for the info. However, I highly doubt that's the reason. It's probably as simple as having a bigger player base on PC and that the fixes needed for PC are different from consoles. They just probably prioritized fixing the PC version first and are now moving on to consoles. 

Edited by PooPooBlast

I finally unlock the dragon challenges getting 100 stamps, I suspect the counter bugs when open the dragon challenges, until now was ok, but now I have 102 and only 100 are counted, all in tiger challenges, I'm too bad right now even for a lonely stamp in the dragon ones, the difficulty is brutal.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

10 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

I'm truly sorry about that. I've been there before. Booting up a game that I ultimately ended up not liking a major mechanic or the DLC being fundamentally different from the main list. I don't use alternate accounts, so I've had to slog through some games that I really did not enjoy. It would probably be healthier for me if this DLC breaks my 100% streak. 

What challenge type do you like the most? For example, I like the score missions since they don't have a timer. Maybe pick a type of challenge that you enjoy and then grind most stamps from that? The first Dragon arena basically teaches you that throwing enemies off things is the way to go, so don't hesitate to spam throw. 

Thanks for the encouragement. I went to bed after writing this last night, and when I woke up this morning, I watched a video for the challenge I was stuck on and immediately beat it. Since then I’ve beaten several more and am making good progress on my stamps. 

Fingers crossed, I’m on my way to actually getting this done - though I'm still worried about those Dragon challenges. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

@Bika-FS  Is the 240-stamp bug specifically associated with the PS5 version due to the tracker? I see that you have the stamps on the PS4 version, so I assume that is the case, but wanted to check. 

Yeah, for me when I unlocked the dragon challenges the tracker stopped counting so I think the problem caused by the PS5 trophy tracker

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

Yeah, for me when I unlocked the dragon challenges the tracker stopped counting so I think the problem caused by the PS5 trophy tracker

Gotcha. Thanks for the fast response. I love the idea of the tracking feature, sucks to hear that it has been the cause of a few trophy glitches. 

• Like 1

For anyone interested to know in case you didn't.. on the menu screen there is a red box with two open slots in it. you can get a scroll for getting all stamps in the tiger arenas and a scroll for all stamps in the dragon arenas. 

You can get them in red for getting all 3 stamps or in gold for getting all gold stamps.

Wonder if getting both will unlock anything 🤔

Random question:

Have you guys been making backup saves prior to earning 240 stamps, or have you blown through 240 in the hope that the bug fix is retroactive?

I'm tempted to start on these trophies this weekend but don't want to nerf my save if the patch doesn't apply to saves made with the tracking issue.

9 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

Random question:

Have you guys been making backup saves prior to earning 240 stamps, or have you blown through 240 in the hope that the bug fix is retroactive?

I'm tempted to start on these trophies this weekend but don't want to nerf my save if the patch doesn't apply to saves made with the tracking issue.

I have not been making any backup saves, but then again was also one of the first to know about the 240 stamp bug. Personally I highly believe it will fix retroactive, so I am just earning as many stamps as possible.

Currently working on all 3 stamps / gold stamps and have 325 total stamps 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mangio_tanto said:

YES!
YES!
YES!
100% again!

I thought Tiger challenges were hard, but this...damn, I love SIFU so much and I wanted to beat all Dragon challenges too.
Himing Lui trial took me 4 days, but I did it. This feels not like a 100% but like a double platinum.

Listen to the wise guys before me, their hints and suggestions are so valuable for Dragon challenges.
I doubt there will be a patch with easy mode, so no other way than keep trying, learn enemies' attacks, find the best route in time trials and you can do it.
Little by little, you'll beat every trial.
Thanks to everyone that gave advices about these tough challenges, it's good when we can help each other here. And congrats to who achieved 100%, you deserved it.

Maybe I can help too.
I beat the 25 waves challenge not using weapons, and sparing all of them for final wave vs Yang. If an enemy (usually a thug) picks it up, I dodged his attacks and beat him so the weapon can fall and be used again. Yang first phase is so annoying and unpredictable, so I wait for him to come closer when near a weapon, then press R1 to kick the weapon at him, and while he is stunned doing a combo. Rinse and repeat.
Second phase is easy because he will do always the flying kick, so you know what to do.

Not trophy related, but how cool is the professional suit?

I didn't notice this. Thought about a new costume, but inside closet in Story mode there would have been hidden the requirement to achieve it, so no.
I still miss some gold stamps in Tiger trials, but if you managed to get both scrolls, let us know it. Or send a mail to sloclap, maybe they reward you with something cool.
Like a true SIFU certification :)

Congratulations!! Very well done and certainly one of th trohpies which makes you feel really good. Sifu as a whole is just an incredible game.

When I got every stamp in the game, I will let you know there are any in game awards or secrets tied to it.

Warrior_of_Doom.png

• Like 2

I just finally got into the dragon challenges. First set really caught me by surprise. Was really struggling there. Then I realized for some challenges, like Crackdown for example, it's easier to just run away to the higher level and throw everyone off the ledges.

So little "tricks" like that can help. That said, I really need to up my game and try to get better at the enemies that give me the most trouble. I've always been terrible at the "dancer" enemies, the female enemies that use their legs a lot, mostly from the second level of the main game. Then the taller female enemies from level four also give me a hard time. Just timing parries/dodges has been tough for me with them, and I'm still not great at dodging low attacks.

Oh well, slowly but surely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I just finally got into the dragon challenges. First set really caught me by surprise. Was really struggling there. Then I realized for some challenges, like Crackdown for example, it's easier to just run away to the higher level and throw everyone off the ledges.

So little "tricks" like that can help. That said, I really need to up my game and try to get better at the enemies that give me the most trouble. I've always been terrible at the "dancer" enemies, the female enemies that use their legs a lot, mostly from the second level of the main game. Then the taller female enemies from level four also give me a hard time. Just timing parries/dodges has been tough for me with them, and I'm still not great at dodging low attacks.

Oh well, slowly but surely.

I struggled a lot when try to  beat the first dragon levels, in the end I got all 15 stamps before move on to the second stage, as you said if possible trow enemies from height works like a charm, and for the kick ones, the crouch fist when they are moving followed by a trow and triangle and finish with a floor takedown works very well.

Heck yea! Got all the Sifu DLC trophies minus the 240 stamps one (bugged for everybody). 

That final challenge was no joke, with most of it dying from Jinfeng... A lot of good tips were given here by some folks. I'd like to give some of mine. 

Generally speaking, after dodging, you can follow it by triangle, triangle, throw, then triangle again for the knockdown and holding circle for downed punches to maximize damage.

Another tip is sometimes after a dodge and a follow-up attack, you'll hear like a snap sound and this indicates you've temporarily stunned your enemy. Now would be a good chance to do the triangle, triangle, throw move followed by square for the flurry punch move and then throw again and triangle for the knockdown to maximize damage. You can do two followup moves essentially because the enemy is stunned. 

As for bosses

-----

Jafar: arguably gave me the hardest fight 😂. I just cannot see his leg sweeps no matter how hard I focus. I found sticking to the walls helped with dodging his jump attacks in his first phase. For his second phase, holding triangle and releasing it just before he does his jump attacks with his sword helped me defeat him easily. 

Sean: easy peasy lemon squeezy. Never died once. Just be careful of his leg sweeps attacks. 

Kuroki: I drilled the hell out of her attack patterns and she became a peace of cake imo. I died once because I had a lapse in judgment remembering which attack pattern she was going to do. Can't say much about her first phase except just dodge dodge dodge.

For her second phase, it's way easier. A few tips. When she's running at you, you can hold square to attack her once she gets close which pushes her back to prevent her from doing her close up attacks as it's tricky to know when she'll do the jump attack or the leg sweep attack. Another tip is when she jumps into the air and throws her kunais, you can catch them and throw it back at her when she's running towards you which will stun her a little for follow up attacks. 

Also, her charged attack where she enters into the stance and lunges at you, this can be parried if you time it right. I found this to be better than dodging it as this breaks structure. 

Jinfeng: most annoying boss! (Imo). Just drill the hell out of her attack patterns and stay up close in her personal space and breath down her neck. One interesting thing though is I found a potential exploit which I haven't gotten to consistently work or replicate. See the video below and read the video description for more info. But in short, you can essentially stun lock her under the right conditions during her second phase.

Yang: surprisingly yang was one of the easiest. In his first phase, just deflect everything and dodge occasionally to restore your structure. Another thing you can do is to parry his flurry punch move and follow it up immediately by holding triangle to drop him on the floor and punch him again. It also deals a lot of structure damage. Yang also sometimes starts to back up in which he's waiting for you. Punch him but immediately dodge backwards twice as he'll throw out two gut counter punches and this opens him up for attacks. Finally, yang likes to do some sweeps and you can anticipate it because he dodges backwards a great distance before he throws it out.

For his second phase, you can do the same as above but now you have to watch out for his sweep attacks mid combo. You can see it coming if he starts his attack with a mid kick whereby the third will be a leg sweep. Also, try to stick close to the walls because now yang will do a jump attack which is easily telegraphed. 

----

Anyway, hope this was helpful in a way. Good luck to all 👍

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 4

I've done Facing Liming Hui too at 65. Most difficultirs came from old woman. I was 26 when entered, ended when I was 56. Overall took me maybe 20+ tries. In my opinion it is 8/10 difficulty. Not impossible or that hard when it seemed in the beginning. 

Now I have to do all other arenas, because I wanted to clear hardest one first.

Edited by BossMadMax
  • Like 3