Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

I am on my fifth time through this second DLC, and I think Inner Demons is now by far the worst challenge. Alternative ending and Facing Liming Hui have become pretty easy now, with as much practice as I’ve had. 

Edited by ONUOsFan

2 hours ago, ONUOsFan said:

I am on my fifth time through this second DLC, and I think Inner Demons is now by far the worst challenge. Alternative ending and Facing Liming Hui have become pretty easy now, with as much practice as I’ve had. 

I hear you. I just went through Arena #2 a second time for the PS5 stack and I weirdly rediscovered how tough/annoying What's Cooking is. I beat that one in like three tries on PS4, but this time, I was struggling. The thing that is annoying about is it feels like so much of it is out of your control. You can't defeat the enemies, so you basically have to do crowd control, but keeping control over so many AI opponents isn't easy, and it often comes down to dumb luck, AKA the AI being stupid long enough for you to capture.

So that one frustrated me for a few minutes. But overall, it's not too bad, and yeah, Facing Liming Hui felt a tiny bit more trivial on the second go In fact, all the practice I got from the PS4 stack helped me beat it first try this time. So glad I got it done on both stacks to get both 100%'s again. Another overwhelming thanks to those who contributed in this thread!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jvella7 said:

Thanks to everyone in this thread, the tips and videos are incredibly helpful. I got the platinum last year on the easiest difficulty and I was absolutely terrible at the game. The first DLC was a serious challenge for me but slowly I learned some of the game mechanics and managed to get through it. When I saw the initial comments on the difficulty of the 2nd DLC I seriously doubted my ability. However, I follow the tips in here and slowly learned the dodging mechanics and began to understand the opponents attacks. Fair fight was the first major difficulty spike but after numerous hours I overcame that. Then alternative ending.... after the first hour I generally thought it was impossible. But I persevered and eventually made small but steady progress. I finally accomplished it after a few days but the amount of learning gained here helped significantly on Facing Liming Hui. After a total of 55 hours on the 2nd DLC alone, from an absolute beginner I've just achieved the 100%. Incredibly satisfying game! If you commit the time and are willing to learn, the 100% is doable!

Congrats, I feel the same at the begining, I plat and 100% the first DLC in 25h, I ended the second DLC at 65h, 40h only that second DLC, almost the double of the base game + first DLC...

After that I 100% the game on PS4 (with its longer load times...) in 20h, when you understand the mechanics and the moveset of the enemies is much easier, I manage to do Alternative Ending and Facing Liming Hui first try the second time!

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 5:54 AM, Fr_0zt said:

I did it on the first challenge of that map.  Block, then square + X and direction of throw, it was pretty easy tbh.

I just returned from a month long trip and just started on Arenas 2. I have a question about throwing and can't seem to do it easily or consistently.

@Fr_0zt said that it is an easy block, then Square+X. I don't believe this is true. Don't you need to get the enemy into a stun state first?

Blocking is not enough. Do you mean Avoid (enemy then goes into slow motion) or parry? Even that is not enough. After a successful avoid, don't you need to follow-up with a Triangle to stun then throw?

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help and tips on how to throw consistently. Also, is it possible to throw the fat guys? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, vinster said:

I just returned from a month long trip and just started on Arenas 2. I have a question about throwing and can't seem to do it easily or consistently.

@Fr_0zt said that it is an easy block, then Square+X. I don't believe this is true. Don't you need to get the enemy into a stun state first?

Blocking is not enough. Do you mean Avoid (enemy then goes into slow motion) or parry? Even that is not enough. After a successful avoid, don't you need to follow-up with a Triangle to stun then throw?

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help and tips on how to throw consistently. Also, is it possible to throw the fat guys? Thanks.

The directional throw is one of the most useful moves for the arenas and therefore it’s definitely worth mastering.

The easiest way to execute it is on a stunned enemy as you mentioned. There’s a few ways to achieve this such as throwing a weapon at the enemy, charged backfist and using a focus attack. 

In general combat you can pull it off by avoiding, pressing square to attack and then utilise the throw. If you successfully perform a parry you will open up the stun window I mentioned above and you can then throw. 

1 hour ago, vinster said:

They do get staggered as I blocked and then I can throw them in any direction.  Maybe it was a perfect block? 

22 hours ago, jvella7 said:

Thanks to everyone in this thread, the tips and videos are incredibly helpful. I got the platinum last year on the easiest difficulty and I was absolutely terrible at the game. The first DLC was a serious challenge for me but slowly I learned some of the game mechanics and managed to get through it. When I saw the initial comments on the difficulty of the 2nd DLC I seriously doubted my ability. However, I follow the tips in here and slowly learned the dodging mechanics and began to understand the opponents attacks. Fair fight was the first major difficulty spike but after numerous hours I overcame that. Then alternative ending.... after the first hour I generally thought it was impossible. But I persevered and eventually made small but steady progress. I finally accomplished it after a few days but the amount of learning gained here helped significantly on Facing Liming Hui. After a total of 55 hours on the 2nd DLC alone, from an absolute beginner I've just achieved the 100%. Incredibly satisfying game! If you commit the time and are willing to learn, the 100% is doable!

Congrats you absolute legend!!! I wish I could march you around the various forums spreading both your positive attitude and perseverance. The amount of people who were screeching about it being "iMpOSsiBLe" was bewildering. I assume that anyone who played the game, enjoyed the game. Who the hell can't find a few dozen hours to play a gorgeous game that many of them platinumed twice? And if they don't have that kind of time to invest, then WHY POST HERE TO COMPLAIN? 

I was particularly galled at people who want to keep a 100% profile, but suggested this was their stumbling block? I've hunted trophies for 15 years, I do not play on any alternate accounts, and I play games that I enjoy (minus that bit where I went off the rails for a hot second :), I blame long games like PoE and Fortnite as sending me down the dark path). So I can speak quite passionately about trying to keep a profile at 100%. There are no online trophies that force you to play anytime soon, there are no longer any glitched trophies. This game should not be your stumbling block. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE /rant over. 

@ContactMike - Just watched your most recent video. MY GOD. That would have helped me so much in Yang first form. I barely made it through by allowing Yang to abuse my corpse until he got tired. Then cheesed the second phase by walking about three paces off the wall in a clockwise fashion causing him to do the wall-kick thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fr_0zt said:

They do get staggered as I blocked and then I can throw them in any direction.  Maybe it was a perfect block? 

When you say 'blocked', do you mean holding down L1 button during enemy combos or tapping L1 button as each attack is about to land?

18 hours ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I hear you. I just went through Arena #2 a second time for the PS5 stack and I weirdly rediscovered how tough/annoying What's Cooking is. I beat that one in like three tries on PS4, but this time, I was struggling. The thing that is annoying about is it feels like so much of it is out of your control. You can't defeat the enemies, so you basically have to do crowd control, but keeping control over so many AI opponents isn't easy, and it often comes down to dumb luck, AKA the AI being stupid long enough for you to capture.

So that one frustrated me for a few minutes. But overall, it's not too bad, and yeah, Facing Liming Hui felt a tiny bit more trivial on the second go In fact, all the practice I got from the PS4 stack helped me beat it first try this time. So glad I got it done on both stacks to get both 100%'s again. Another overwhelming thanks to those who contributed in this thread!

YES! What’s cooking is awful every time. 

On 10/2/2023 at 10:01 PM, ONUOsFan said:

The player-character guys that have the Juggernaut moveset in Inner Demons always throw me off. I'm never expecting those moves from anyone but the big guys.

and What's Cooking was pretty rough. I couldn't get closer to 10 seconds away from 3 stamps for a while, but one time I just got lucky with the enemies staying stationary for a bit. Timely bottle tosses and directional throws are important but there's definitely a bit of a luck factor.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2023 at 10:41 PM, MrJAMBA said:

Can anyone explain to me why Yang is different in training versus his "Alternative Ending" form?? I'm trying to practice for him.. In practice I can knock him down after every parry, but in the arena it's not working... 

The best way to practice each level is to apply modifiers to the level such an infinite lives. That way you can get familiar with the opponents attack patterns. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jvella7 said:

The best way to practice each level is to apply modifiers to the level such an infinite lives. That way you can get familiar with the opponents attack patterns. 

Ohh nice, I didnt think of that. I eventually beat Alternative Ending, but I'm working on the last one. I'll give that a shot, thanks!

Just finished both stacks and it's really not as bad as the initial posts made it seem. To anyone who is discouraged or on the fence, I highly encourage you to give it a try and keep practicing. Most of the arenas can be cheesed if it has a pit, you just have to keep throwing enemies in it. 

Fajar phase 1, Koruki phase 2, Yang phase 1 and Yang phase 2 can all be cheesed. You will no hit them every time if you know how to cheese them. You can youtube them, or go through the posts on this thread

Sean phase 1 and 2 only has one bad low move only, but its still the easiest boss imo. The low move has a big charge up so you can tell it when hes about to do it.

Jenfeng is a bit problematic, especialy in master. But my trick is to just tank her, if you keep your distance she does her 50 50 low or high which always confuses me. Just keep rushing her and stay on her face and her moves are more easy to dodge and read. Always keep hour fully charged three focus bars for her, shes the weakest boss with the lowest health.

The most problematic for me was fajar phase 2 and koruki phase 1. I saved my health bars on the other bosses and just took all the hits on both of these.

Overall brilliant game, loved it and the dlc. Highly recommend 10/10

• Like 3

Just got my 100% back and this one forces you to git gud. It is doable, but it took me many nights of practice on a number of challenges. Alternate Ending and Facing Liming Hui were far and away the two most difficult. Facing Liming Hui has a number of well known cheeses that I highly recommend taking advantage of.

Facing Liming Hui:
Fajar phase 1 - Cheese his wall kick: Dodge the kick, hold light attack, light attack push (fwd/dwn/fwd square), chasing trip sweep, ground punish. Repeat.
Fajar phase 2 - Cheese any of his opener attacks which can be interrupted by the hold triangle attack, then punish. Don't overcomplicate this portion of the fight, keep your distance when necessary.

Sean phase 1 & 2 - Easiest boss IMO, just have to learn him. He telegraphs his ground sweep with just enough time to see it and react.

Knife girl phase 1 - Have to find those openings to get in there and up-up-triangle over her sweeps, then hold square to get under her overhead sweep. From there she's stunned and you can trip her up and punish. I prefer to run from her spinning chasing attack, which elsewhere you can punish but in this fight I find it best to stay away from it. 

Knife girl phase 2 - I found doing chip damage to be the easiest. Catch and release knives back at her. If she's charging you, up-up-triangle kick is an easy disruptor. Dodge her star eye attacks and punish. Be patient and play the long game.

Jinfeng phase 1 & 2 - It took a lot of practice to get good at granny's master move set, but once i learned to always anticipate for the overhead pound by dodging right it made life easier. If she does the ground sweep instead then there's still time to react to it. Come in with bars loaded for special attacks which refill quickly by dodging. Some ppl focus on parrying her, i'm not good enough for that but i could reliably dodge and fill my meter to punish her that way.

Yang phase 1 - I finished at age 75, with 3/4 of a health bar left, my heart was about to pump out of my chest. I found stepping back (R2) in combination with directional stick + L1 parries was most effective for me. Don't just spam L1 only, gotta be moving too. He does have a cheese that's viable for phase 1 but I couldn't pull it off. I pretty much tanked deaths from age 30 until I got him. I might not be the best source of advice on this one lol. 

Yang phase 2 - I would not have finished this without the wall kick cheese, it just wouldn't have ever happened for me. I can't imagine how people do this legit, much respect to your hand eye coordination. Maybe i'm getting too old!

Good luck everyone, you CAN do it, be patient and remember this is a game that rewards taking breaks and coming back after a day or two. Grinding won't get you very far when it gets tough. Appreciate everyone's advice in this thread it was helpful reading through the comments.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...