Sifu arena 2 trophies discussion

Bika-FS

You guys are giving me a lot of motivation to hopefully make progress with this. So far I’ve only managed to get two dragon stamps and I get completely bodied when I try to take on the Fajar Master challenge from Dragon pack 1. I’ve kind of come to terms that my 100% account is probably finished but I’m not going to just submit and go out with a whimper. I’ll give it everything I’ve got and try to get good. Wish me luck. 

6 minutes ago, CraigyCX said:

You guys are giving me a lot of motivation to hopefully make progress with this. So far I’ve only managed to get two dragon stamps and I get completely bodied when I try to take on the Fajar Master challenge from Dragon pack 1. I’ve kind of come to terms that my 100% account is probably finished but I’m not going to just submit and go out with a whimper. I’ll give it everything I’ve got and try to get good. Wish me luck. 

Yeah that one had me surprised as well but you can cheese it a bit. Just go the second floor and the enemies will follow, then just hit them/throw them off. Even Fajar can be killed like this. If you got too many enemies, just run around the map a bit since time is no issue for this one

• Like 1

Thank god, finally finished alternative ending challenge, I finished it in 7+ min it was so damn hard but totally deserve it, that felling when I completed it, it was the reason why I became a trophy hunter the feeling of accomplish.

I just still need the last challenge wish me luck 😁😁

14 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

Thank god, finally finished alternative ending challenge, I finished it in 7+ min it was so damn hard but totally deserve it, that felling when I completed it, it was the reason why I became a trophy hunter the feeling of accomplish.

I just still need the last challenge wish me luck 😁😁

Congrats man!!! Same here, I posted my strategy in the previous post. That is one I'm not going for two stamps afterwards :D

I'm at the final one as well. Fajar has a nasty leg sweep now, Sean as well and Kuroki is super fast between attacks. Haven't gotten to Jinmeng yet or Yang but will update if I find a strat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

Congrats man!!! Same here, I posted my strategy in the previous post. That is one I'm not going for two stamps afterwards :D

I'm at the final one as well. Fajar has a nasty leg sweep now, Sean as well and Kuroki is super fast between attacks. Haven't gotten to Jinmeng yet or Yang but will update if I find a strat. 

Congrats to you too, l saw ur strategy after I posted my post pretty similar to mine.

And for the last challenge I reached to Jinmeng while I'm in my 35 but somehow I beat her in 65 and then yang he can easily kill me with one combo so it will be hard 

And for fajar u can easily beat his first phase by just keeping ur distance and stick to the invisible wall and he will perform a flying kick u can easily dodge, and for his 2nd phase I use my focus a lot and I take him slowly 

Sean somehow he became the easiest one in this challenge thanks to the fair fight challenge just be careful with his lower kick 

And for kuroki I used the same strategy in alternative ending just wait for her to do her spinning attack and in this challenge u don't need to worry about time but u will get hurt a lot if u used this strategy

And for Jinmeng and yang I don't really have any advice instead I really need one, they way harder in master difficulty.

But if u somehow reached yang second phase keep ur distance and stick to the wall just like fajar and he will also perform flying kick and then u know what u need to do.

Now I'll take a break from this game a little maybe I'll start over tomorrow with the last challenge and then I'll update if I found something useful

Again good luck and happy hunting 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bika-FS said:

Congrats to you too, l saw ur strategy after I posted my post pretty similar to mine.

And for the last challenge I reached to Jinmeng while I'm in my 35 but somehow I beat her in 65 and then yang he can easily kill me with one combo so it will be hard 

And for fajar u can easily beat his first phase by just keeping ur distance and stick to the invisible wall and he will perform a flying kick u can easily dodge, and for his 2nd phase I use my focus a lot and I take him slowly 

Sean somehow he became the easiest one in this challenge thanks to the fair fight challenge just be careful with his lower kick 

And for kuroki I used the same strategy in alternative ending just wait for her to do her spinning attack and in this challenge u don't need to worry about time but u will get hurt a lot if u used this strategy

And for Jinmeng and yang I don't really have any advice instead I really need one, they way harder in master difficulty.

But if u somehow reached yang second phase keep ur distance and stick to the wall just like fajar and he will also perform flying kick and then u know what u need to do.

Now I'll take a break from this game a little maybe I'll start over tomorrow with the last challenge and then I'll update if I found something useful

Again good luck and happy hunting 

Thanks for the tips! I was about to post for Fajar as well. I found it also easy for in his second fase to only deflect the bamboo jumps. Takes time but is a sure thing. 

I'm still looking for an alternative for Kuroki first fase. While the spinning strat does work, it also costs a life or a bit more. But I don't see much leeway in between attacks....

Haven't got to Jimeng yet but will post if I find something :)

Edit: Okay managed to reach Yang. 

Jimeng is annoying on master. If you keep your distance she does her usual 3 step swing but her third swing alternates between a low or a high strike. Guess the key is getting used to this like with Sean his low strike. 

Yang feels like a machine. Tried my usual strat but was pummeld instantly.... 

Going to log off for today.

Edited by Laozuli
Extra update
  • Like 1

Ok, I really hate giving up on this, but I feel like I am not even in the same universe as being able to finish it. So that makes me feel like I must be missing some key to getting better. 

so, I’ll ask: if you could give me one tip that I just HAVE to know to have a chance at getting this game back to 100%, what would it be?

Help me, PSNP - you’re my only hope. 

EDIT: I’m talking about actual gameplay tips, not just “don’t give up!”

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 1

One player obtained the 240 stamps trophy on PS4, he's just missing the Tiger arenas one.

Meanwhile, just picked up the game again last night, and I guess I'll have to study videos because I'm having a hard time wtih final trial in green warehouse from first arena pack (Tiger) with invincible foes as long as you don't hit them with stuff lying on the ground (+ low gravity), I especially hate this handicap.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FinalFan said:

One player obtained the 240 stamps trophy on PS4, he's just missing the Tiger arenas one.

Interesting, have we had someone report that the stamp trophy glitched on him on the PS4, or are all people affected exclusive to the PS5 version?

1 hour ago, Laozuli said:

Final update: I did it!!! I finally freaking did it and slaid the dragon! 

The final challenge is a pain but here is my strategy to counter the bosses on master. 

Fajar: his first form is easy to counter. As Bika-FS already mentioned, if you stick to the wall he does a jump move which you can easily counter with an Ldown avoid, triangle attack followed with throw, triangle attack until he falls and follow up with circle for a bit of ground pummeling. Then back away (don't keep hitting him when he stands up since he will counter). Back away and repeat. Don't use any focus moves since this is a super easy attack to counter, save them for second fase. 

For his second fase, you need to use charged backfist which is holding down triangle. So best moments to use it is when he does his spinning jump attack. Either release when he is in the air or when he just lands. It takes a bit getting used to but once you do its easy to do. He will get stunned so follow-up with a throw, triangle, and circle (I used this move a lot). Keep repeating until he goes down. Use your focus in between with eye strike, throw, triangle until he falls down, circle. Once you get the timing right, he goes down easily. 

Try not to die at the Fajar fight since he is very counterable. 

Sean: Depending on how much you practiced on "Fair Fight", he should be familliar. 

First fase and second are basically the same. Sean will do large swings which can be easily avoided with Ldown, however he sometimes does a leg sweep which needs to be countered with Lup. When he does wat is a bit random and getting the timing right takes practice. When there is a bit of distance between you, he tends to use the leg sweep more so aim for that since that move can be countered after one Lup. 

For countering I always used the following combo: triangle, throw, triangle until he falls down and end with circle. When he gets up, you can do two triangle hits before he starts swinging again. 

Always use focus when he gets up from the move listed above. Otherwise he might get some hits in if you aren't quick enoug h in the focus menu. 

Try get Sean down at around 1 life. 

Kuroki: First fase Kuroki is anoying but easily to counter. Keep your distance from her and let her swing to her hearts content. When she does the rapid, vertical swinging, move towards her and spam deflect. Dodge away after the spinning to ensure the two final horizontal attacks don't hit you. Keep doing that until you get focus to hit her with eye strike, grab, triangle until down and circle. 

Doing this will chip at your health but its still safer then her other unpredictable moves. The chip damage is okay if you only deflect the rapid swinging and thats why I dodged the final two strikes to save my health. 

This method will ensure you lose a life here but its a good deal. 

Second fase can be countered easy when you know what to do. The Kunai throwing is simple, just do Ldown. When she comes running to you, start walking forward a bit (don't run) and hit het with a square + x move which will do a fist punch in her gut. Follow up with a triangle. She can then either jump away and do the Kunai attacks OR run back to you. So keep ready to do that move again, even to 3 times. This is the most easy way to counter her since you will stop her before she can even attack and you get free hits in. 

Instead of running towards you, she can also do het dash move. But on Master, she can fake a first one and then do a second. The move is easily dodged with Ldown when you see the glint or hear the sound que. Always presume she does not fake and dodge because even if you tap Ldown, you still have plenty of time to tap it again at the second glint. Just don't panic press to mess up the timing. Then do a throw, triangle until down and circle. Don't do triangle first since she will guard after the first hit. 

Using the gut punch strategy, she can be dealt with easily and without death. You'll also get a lot of focus with all the dodging in this fight so try to save 2 for the next one. 

Jimeng: Jimengs attacks are basic but annoying. If you have distance with her, she will always do thee swings. The fist two are always countered with Ldown, the third can be different. If the pendulum comes down, its Ldown. If the swingsways, its Lup. She uses them randomly so its just a matter of getting used to it. 

Only move in to hit her after dodging the three swings or she will punish you. So move in and do a few heavy strikes with triangle. Dodging the three hits will get you a lot of focus so use the eye strike, throw, triangle until down and circle move. Keep dong that until next fase. 

Second fase is similiar to the first one with one added move. She will still do three swings but now one of the first swings can be a grab move where she reels you in. Keep the same strat and dodge with Ldown. Everything else is similar. 

Getting the timing right is annoying so expect to use up 2 to 3 lives here. 

Yang: Ooooh Yang, such an annoying boss. I never properly learned his moves but managed to get through by spamming deflect, until he breaks my posture. in between he will get stopped by your deflects sometimes so do a few triangle hit. Do a few hits in between his attacks as well to keep his posture from recovering. If you saved up your lives, you can ride it out. I started the fight with 5 deaths and dead 3 times until his posture broke. 

Second fase is easy. Use the wall attack trick that Bika-FS mentioned. Its super easy to counter, just make sure to practice a bit on the 5 stage rush from dlc 1 first so you know what distance to keep. Once you get the timing down, its super easy. 

And thats it! 

Glad I'm done with it, now I just need to clean up a good 15 stamps. Oh and wait for Slowclap to fix the bugged one. Will probably get 239 and make a back-up save just in case they mess up in the future..... . 

Congrats dude, just got it too it was hell of journey but I loved it this game is so much fun, now for the PS4 version let's gooo 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CraigyCX said:

Congratulations @Laozuli and @Bika-FS that’s an amazing accomplishment. I finally managed three stamps on one of the first Dragon arenas so my journey is just beginning. 165 stamps or so in total. Hopefully I can join you both in the 100% club. 

Good luck, believe me it seems impossible but the more u play it and the more u focus on it you will start to see the end of the road shinning ahead of you just don't give up and you'll get it 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

Congrats dude, just got it too it was hell of journey but I loved it this game is so much fun, now for the PS4 version let's gooo 

Awesome, nicely done bro! Thanks for all the tips as well, only way I could make it through. I'm sure you'll get the Ps4 stack done in no time as well. No Ps4 stack for me so I'm going to play something chill to unwind :D 

23 minutes ago, Bika-FS said:

Good luck, believe me it seems impossible but the more u play it and the more u focus on it you will start to see the end of the road shinning ahead of you just don't give up and you'll get it 

Same, I can only tell you to just keep at it and it will click. At the start of the dlc, I was terrible with avoids or throws but gradually the challenges makes you learn all those. So just keep it, a challenge at a time. Also use the custom mode to practice sometimes. Like for bosses this is quite handy to learn. 

I just also send Sloclap an email for the broken throphy with screenshots. Hope they look into it. 

Edited by Laozuli
  • Like 1

Any feedback from the developer regarding to the sramps count?

Congrats from the ones that finish all the challenges! I'm going sloely trying to get 2-3 stamps on the first DLC pack,  trying to training a bit a git gut, in the first arena DLC o ly manage to get about 65 stamps or so... I'm having a bit of problems getting 3 stamps mostly on the zones, score and time trials 

Edited by Steven-Spiegel

1 hour ago, Steven-Spiegel said:

Any feedback from the developer regarding to the sramps count?

Nothing so far, not on their twitter or reddit. They did confirm the achievement bugs for the steam version but nothing for the Ps5. 

I guess more people need to make a report. Since its an indie dev, it might take a while until they roll out a fix.

Edited by Laozuli

Received this earlier:

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the report! We're aware of the issue and the team is currently working on a fix.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Kevin Fantesini

Community & Social Media Manager

+33 6 50 05 77 89

www.sloclap.com

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TrophyChief said:

Thank you for posting this!!! I'm chomping at the bit to start this new DLC. 

Does anyone have any concerns that by earning more stamps before the hotfix, that it may not give back credit for some reason? With the reported difficulty, I've been hesitant to start practicing, but would be curious if anyone else had any concerns? I guess worst case scenario, I could delete the data and start fresh. 

38 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Thank you for posting this!!! I'm chomping at the bit to start this new DLC. 

Does anyone have any concerns that by earning more stamps before the hotfix, that it may not give back credit for some reason? With the reported difficulty, I've been hesitant to start practicing, but would be curious if anyone else had any concerns? I guess worst case scenario, I could delete the data and start fresh. 

You can always upload your save file to the cloud at 239 just in case. 

Thats my plan anyway. But I think they will fix it retroactively, otherwise it will be kinda cruel to start all over.....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Laozuli said:

You can always upload your save file to the cloud at 239 just in case. 

Thats my plan anyway. But I think they will fix it retroactively, otherwise it will be kinda cruel to start all over.....

That is a brilliant f*cking idea. I'm starting it now, let's goooooooo!

Edit: Just played my first arena since the last DLC, turned on randomizer and proceeded to beat everyone to death with some sort of squeaky sword. This update is amazing!

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 1

Just wanted to chime in and say had I known these arenas updates would have been a thing prior to deciding on platting the game last year, I would have never had bought it. I'm running a 100% profile, 62 plats strong at the time I'm writing this, 5 years in the making with a range of games varying in difficulty, and I am convinced I will never be able to complete this DLC trophy list in my lifetime. I played the tiger challenges over the weekend and managed to get 105/245 stars, on 57/75 levels. I know this is supposed to be a hard game and that's fair, I am not the greatest Sifu player ever but I consider myself good at video games and a 20y+ veteran and I just cannot do this. The further I could push this is maybe get one stamp on all tiger arenas, but I'm disheartened that apart from getting someone to do the the rest of the trophy requirements for me, this is sadly the end of my 100% profile. It will be a lesson for the future though, always wait for the last content drop before thinking to add a game to my shelf :( congrats on the four (4) people that made it through so far, absolute legends

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I managed to do it. Thanks to everyone who posted tips and contacted the devs about the bugged trophy. Not sure what to say in terms of advice, though. Facing Liming Hui was definitely the hardest for me and I still don't have some of the fights down, I just scraped by with dodging/parrying the few combos I could read, cheap tactics when available, and some luck. It's my only single-stamp challenge and will probably stay that way. I can't really offer much that hasn't been mentioned already except that I found more success dodging Yang than trying to parry, with most of my offense coming from punishing his sweep (which is one of two moves that he can do after he dashes backwards).

Generally speaking for the challenges, I relied on the Crotch Punch and the Palm Strike a lot. The Crotch Punch (or Tiger Drop if you're a Yakuza fan) stops Gangsters and Flashkick enemies dead in their tracks no matter what attack they begin to do, so it's like a guaranteed winner as long as you do it early enough. As mentioned, it was also extremely useful for Kuroki's second phase in Facing Liming Hui because it basically skipped having to engage her in melee. She'll often decide to run at you and start a melee string, but if you catch her with the Crotch Punch first she'll back off.

The Palm Strike (knockback) is great for a number of reasons. It's not the only way to do a knockback, but it is faster. If an enemy is holding a weapon, the knockback will make them drop it. It can also be used to push enemies into a wall, which counts as environmental damage for those challenges. Most importantly, whenever you have the opportunity to knock enemies off of a high ledge, it's probably the most efficient way to deal with them whether it's for points, time, or just staying alive. An Eye Strike followed by a Palm Strike can send any enemy on their way (and hopefully off of somewhere high), so saving your Focus bar for problem enemies is a key, too.

Other than that it comes down to putting the time in, getting your ass beat by the same moves over and over, and then eventually being able to read and react to those moves and punish them. If any questions about specific challenges come up I'll try to help if I can!

• Like 3