PS4's Rarest Trophies! (IGN displays PSNP card)

TEXASBOI727

[whining] IGN is garbage, anyone who goes to that site must have a dick the size of an ant and a brain the size of an ant's dick![/whining]

Seriously, that is awesome. IGN has mentioned this site quite a few times and I hope it brings some more awesome gamers here. It is nice that he included his trophy cars that links to this site, but it would've been even cooler if he actually mentioned the site in this article. 

Parker

I think we are missing something here though.  You can't compare what they are talking about to what the site keeps track of.  They are talking about rarity on PSN as a whole, tracked through the PS4, not just those who have put in a PSN ID on this site.  The latter is minuscule compared to PSN as a whole.  The rarity of certain games would be completely different than what they would be here.

• Like 1

[whining] IGN is garbage, anyone who goes to that site must have a dick the size of an ant and a brain the size of an ant's dick![/whining]

Seriously, that is awesome. IGN has mentioned this site quite a few times and I hope it brings some more awesome gamers here. It is nice that he included his trophy cars that links to this site, but it would've been even cooler if he actually mentioned the site in this article. 

Parker

I love that the site is getting the recognition it deserves, but IGN?? fuck i hate that place!

• Like 2

I love that the site is getting the recognition it deserves, but IGN?? fuck i hate that place!

Out of curiosity, why? I can understand not enjoying the reviews or thinking that they're poorly written, but IGN is generally very up to date with gaming news and they have a lot of good articles about upcoming games, patches and other things pertaining to gaming. 

Parker

Out of curiosity, why? I can understand not enjoying the reviews or thinking that they're poorly written, but IGN is generally very up to date with gaming news and they have a lot of good articles about upcoming games, patches and other things pertaining to gaming. 

Parker

Two words

Greg Miller

That's why

Parker

Two words

Greg Miller

That's why

Just add to that, what makes me not like going to IGN besides their paid for reviews is the awful community, it is extremely difficult to have any sort of adult interaction, i cant say anything without some 11yr old trying ro bite my head off...kind of like the COD online community. 

Just add to that, what makes me not like going to IGN besides their paid for reviews is the awful community, it is extremely difficult to have any sort of adult interaction, i cant say anything without some 11yr old trying ro bite my head off...kind of like the COD online community. 

I'd love to see a source for that claim. 

No arguments about the awful community, though it isn't just IGN that has that problem. One of the reasons I love this place so much is because of the (generally) more mature community where people are able to have discussions without trolling and flaming. 

I'm part of the CoD online community though and I generally run into more respectful people than I do huge assholes. I'm not denying that there are douche nozzles that play CoD but I don't think stereotyping the whole community is really fair. 

Regardless, I stay out of the comment section of IGN articles and I usually use the site for reviews (mainly the gameplay, I don't really read any reviews from there) and gaming news. I definitely think IGN is one of the more competent gaming sites out there when it comes to news, of course that is just my opinion though. 

Parker

• Like 4

Two words

Greg Miller

That's why

HAHAHAAHAHAH, me and my friends pay out on Greg Miller all the time :P He's just classic, and he's so opinionated that it's ridiculous.

I do agree with the comments about the 'immature' comment section on IGN; every single article is full of flame wars and hate-filled rampages. However, on the whole, I tend to agree with Parker. I believe it's one of the 'better' gaming sites out there.

IGN isn't the worst site (*cough* Polygon *cough*) but they are pretty low down there. To name a few incidents, spoiling endings of games in the titles of their articles (dark souls 2 for instance), arguing over twitter with Angry Joe about the difference between 8.9/10 and 9/10, and their overall reviews. I always think you should rate a game on what's there, not compare it to the previous instalment and complain because it's similar.

I have nothing against IGN, or any other site for that matter. For instance, I find gamespot much more "tabloid" style... They always come up with some headlines like "xbox guy said that about PS4" or vice-versa. Those are clearly made fuel console wars and get some extra clicks. Among the mainstream sites, I think I like game trailers better, just because everybody there looks like the geeks I used to meet in the arcades close to my place, back in the day.

Regarding Colin Moriarty and Greg Miller, the guys are the only trophy whores in the main media that I know of. So kuddos for them! :)