Trophy images

pistolpedro

6 minutes ago, Domatron0602 said:

I personally see it as more evidence that the game's release was rushed.

The game shows numerous signs of being unfinished. the poor online, barely any skins/cosmetics/concept art etc being accessible in the current version of the game. QOL features present in prior games being absent (like ability to pin moves to the menus, or choose costumes before a match) the items in the store not changing (despite the countdown indicating new items in 24 hours) unfinished kameo fighter moves in story mode, a night time version of one of the stage not unlocking & probably all kinds of issues I haven't encountered myself.

When you add stuff like that to the fact that a credible leaker (who got everything right) said ermac & quan chi were both originally base roster (as well as the story writer saying they used all 24 characters, when we only got 22+ 1 preorder) it seems obvious the game was unfinished & they rushed to release it before it was ready.

I see no evidence of rushed development, people love to claim that about games they actually know nothing about.

54 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Because we got given a a chocolate cake without any sprinkles on top

Whatever that means.

56 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Pretty soon trophy icons will be 1 pic with a number ...Meaning if you have 30 trophies to get it will be that 1 pic with a number saying 1/30 then 2/30 till you plat and its just that pic with a 30/30 HAHAHA its coming 

If a developer wants to do that sure, it’s not really an issue.

Talk about first world problems.

This is the only MK I’ve bought at launch and I think it’s far better then the last few entries.

• Confused 1

In all honesty I was disappointed by the trophy icons of the last MK games, so I welcome the simple look of a sumi-brushed MK logo for a change.

Xbox got different achievement icons (more in line with what MK11 had to offer).

Lately I saw trophy icons being changed (namely the PS5 platinum of Crash Team Rumble and the PS4 - but not the PS5 - platinum of Sven Totally Screwed) so there is still a chance things might change.

The more time passes without correcting the trophy icons, the more I’m convinced these aren’t strictly placeholders and this is just pure sloth.

But then, how come they managed the Xbox Series and PC (Steam + Epic Games) achievement list correctly but not the PlayStation trophy list?

Edited by Dry

1 hour ago, Laxus-0 said:

Netherrealm Studios hates trophy hunters. They most likely hired the same art guy who made the Power Ranger: Battle for the grid trophy list.

I dunno, it seems they've taken a page out of sony's book & are creating trophy lists that specifically appeal to trophy hunters.

Mk11 was a very easy platinum, & unless the "complete a titan battle trophy" turns out to be something insanely hard MK1's platinum is going to be even easier.

2 hours ago, Startyde said:

Is that a joke? This is by far NRS most buggy barebones release of any game. It's plays and feels like it's built on a mobile framework. I've encountered everything from subtitle glitches to online disconnects to heavy performance dips that I would never associate with a NRS game.

The fact the it has a fraction of the content and options of MK11 is jarring and likely why they didn't call it MK12 despite being a direct sequel. 

From my experience yes, it is better. I’m not big on fighting games but this actually captured my interest and I’ve seen no bugs.

2 hours ago, Domatron0602 said:

lol, if your psn profile is upto date you haven't played much of this game.  Maybe you should play the game a little more before offering your view on wether there are signs of rushed development.

As someone who's just under 70 hours in right now, & played enough of the various modes to get all currently available trophies there are plenty of signs.

Example if you'd played the game enough to unlock 2 or 3 brutalities for each fighter & kameo as i have, you'll notice that many don't work, well turns out they put the wrong requirements/inputs for many of them(...lol WB just posted a list of correct inputs.) Same with fatalities too. That's never happened before.

"This is the only MK I’ve bought at launch "

Well that explains a lot , if you had you'd know this has a lot more problems (& bigger fundamental issues) than their previous games did at launch. As a package this game isn't at the same high standard as their previous entires. (I do like this game alot btw)

11 hours is a pretty good amount of time my dude, I’ve completed the campaign and started the invasions mode. You playing it for 70 hours means nothing so… I don’t see any of the issues personally.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Domatron0602 said:

I dunno, it seems they've taken a page out of sony's book & are creating trophy lists that specifically appeal to trophy hunters.

Mk11 was a very easy platinum, & unless the "complete a titan battle trophy" turns out to be something insanely hard MK1's platinum is going to be even easier.

I was joking.

Edited by Laxus-0

1 hour ago, Laxus-0 said:

There are Trophy Hunters who, indeed, look at their trophies and those images from time to time. How boring would it be if every trophy icon would look the same, or just an image for a bronze, silver and gold and platinum trophy.

Those images are, at least for me, important. They are nice to look at.

Well I mean Bioshock has amazing trophy images but how many times have I looked at them since finishing the list? Zero

Just now, RedDevil757 said:

Well I mean Bioshock has amazing trophy images but how many times have I looked at them since finishing the list? Zero

Those icons are still a part of those trophies you got. I would be less interested in achievements with no icons at all. It would make them bland and boring. If you do not go over your games, at least over your achievement list, that is fine but i bet that many others do watch, from time to time, over the things they accomplished. And those images are just as important for it or at least a part of it.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

11 hours is a pretty good amount of time my dude, I’ve completed the campaign and started the invasions mode. You playing it for 70 hours means nothing so… I don’t see any of the issues personally.

lol, if 70 hours means nothing then your 11 hours means less than nothing.

fyi your 11 hours isn't a good amount of time at all to judge this game.  Especially when that time consists of completing the campaign and starting the invasions mode.  So basically 4-6 hours of that was just story mode, a mode that's designed to have incredibly restrictive gameplay (limited movesets, not brutalities or fatalities).  So what that mode tells you about the rest of the game is precisely fuck all. & then invasions where the game is designed to stop you from having any fluedity in your gameplay. The first 2 realms are basically tutorials. Neither of those experiances are the point of this game. As i said moves are locked,  5-7 hours is probably enough to unlock 1/20th of the locked moves in this game, many of which have issues. So yeah 11 hours including story mode is not a good amount of time to judge wether this game is rushed.

Looking at your history with NRS games, your experiance with these games is shallow, story mode & then the trophies you can do with 2 controllers. ZERO wrong with that, Mortal Kombat appeals to people who don't usually play fighting games, it's why it's the best selling fighting game franchise. But you're not likely to notice issues if your gameplay consists of jump kicks & uppercuts.

8 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

I was joking.

lol my bad, seen some people say NRS intentionally forcing launch players to wait 2 months to get the plat as a sign they hate trophy hunters so it's hard to tell if anyones joking about that.

Edited by Domatron0602
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Laxus-0 said:

There are Trophy Hunters who, indeed, look at their trophies and those images from time to time. How boring would it be if every trophy icon would look the same, or just an image for a bronze, silver and gold and platinum trophy.

Those images are, at least for me, important. They are nice to look at.

The Mortal Kombat trophy images aren't exactly pretty though. Never been. They've always done a lazy job.

Edited by I-Monco-I