Trophy images

pistolpedro

On 9/25/2023 at 4:43 AM, DarkHpokinsn said:

Lol ok Mr. Superiority Complex whatever you say. I think I mentioned that I’m not a big fan of fighting games, I can say I like this one more than the other games if I want to because it’s true. 

Yeah, I agree with their points about MK1 being shallow and broken but the moment someone starts responding with people's playtime and criticising what games they play and how they play them based on assumptions, they just lose me.

I wonder if they watch reviewers and hold them to a set minimum playtime before a product can be reviewed. 

Imo from what I see and what I've played so far, the game is lackluster compared to previous entries BUT you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to start belittling you and trying to invalidate your opinion because YoU hAvE oNlY pLaYeD fOr 11 HoUrS.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, oIMyersIo said:

Yeah, I agree with their points about MK1 being shallow and broken but the moment someone starts responding with people's playtime and criticising what games they play and how they play them based on assumptions, they just lose me.

I wonder if they watch reviewers and hold them to a set minimum playtime before a product can be reviewed. 

Imo from what I see and what I've played so far, the game is lackluster compared to previous entries BUT you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not going to start belittling you and trying to invalidate your opinion because YoU hAvE oNlY pLaYeD fOr 11 HoUrS.

I believe that opinions based on 11 hours of playtime should be equally respected as those based on 70/100 hours. It's not about feeling superior, as there's no prize for playtime; rather, the more time you spend with a game, the better you understand it. People should be free to offer critiques in the community, and it's important to acknowledge and respect diverse viewpoints without invalidating them for no reason.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2023 at 3:45 AM, Mavhael said:

Don't assume, you're completely unaware about my playtime, dude.
I have 100+ hours on this game, of course I did, what about you? You're making it seem like I barely played for 30 minutes and have no clue what I'm talking about.

I completed every mode and unlocked everything from the shrine and the seasonal store, completed the arcade towers, and got the best rank I could online (considering my skill level), I've completed everything except for mastering all the characters, and I'm halfway through that. I finished it in under a week, and I don't get why it's so hard for you to see that the game was rushed and lacks contents. You can't simply remove features from your previous games and take steps backward, whoever is the target.

Are you implying that fighting games can't have depth? Well, take a look at Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8, as I mentioned before, they're loaded with contents, contents that matter to me and many other players. If you say that it might not be everyone's thing, you're mistaken; the community appreciate having extra features, modes and contents in the game.

And please, don't compare Mortal Kombat to Fifa and COD, Thank you.

Nah, I stand by it. What's important is the fighting. Everything else... meh. SF6, Tekken, MK, they all could exist with only Versus Mode and it would be fine. Heck, back in the day, there was only Arcade and Versus - we still bought the shit out of them.

That being said, the only thing one should really be angry about is the Versus bug that gives P1 an advantage. No one cares if story mode is 5 hours, 10 hours, or 50 hours because it's not the reason people usually buy fighting games for. The people who care about this are also those who don't play them anymore after two weeks.

Also funny that you say I shouldn't compare MK to Fifa while you seem to be one of those suckers that buys the new Fifa every year lol ... you know nothing about game loyalty/commitment, you are simply always jumping to the next new thing. Fighting game players usually play the same game for years! And they don't care about the fancy bells and whistles. 

Look at the Smash Bro community, most of them still play the Gamecube version!

Edited by Sicho

9 hours ago, Mavhael said:

I believe that opinions based on 11 hours of playtime should be equally respected as those based on 70/100 hours. It's not about feeling superior, as there's no prize for playtime; rather, the more time you spend with a game, the better you understand it. People should be free to offer critiques in the community, and it's important to acknowledge and respect diverse viewpoints without invalidating them for no reason.

& you are absolutely correct.

I just feel the belittling, sarcasm, invalidating etc was uncalled for during that discussion.

3 hours ago, Sicho said:

Nah, I stand by it. What's important is the fighting. Everything else... meh. SF6, Tekken, MK, they all could exist with only Versus Mode and it would be fine. Heck, back in the day, there was only Arcade and Versus - we still bought the shit out of them.

That being said, the only thing one should really be angry about is the Versus bug that gives P1 an advantage. No one cares if story mode is 5 hours, 10 hours, or 50 hours because it's not the reason people usually buy fighting games for. The people who care about this are also those who don't play them anymore after two weeks.

Also funny that you say I shouldn't compare MK to Fifa while you seem to be one of those suckers that buys the new Fifa every year lol ... you know nothing about game loyalty/commitment, you are simply always jumping to the next new thing. Fighting game players usually play the same game for years! And they don't care about the fancy bells and whistles. 

Look at the Smash Bro community, most of them still play the Gamecube version!

It's amusing how you're trying to force your narrow view of fighting games upon anyone who differ.

Interestingly, many folks here appear to disagree with your ''No Contents but Versus Mode'' idea, as is evident from the numerous complaints about the game being in this state.

I've played every single Tekken, all the Smash Bros. entries, and almost all the MK games since the early days, along with hundreds of other brands that I love. So, you've got no right to question my loyalty and commitment. Who are you to judge? I won't even bother checking what games you've played because frankly, I don't give a damn about you.

What's your problem with me playing FIFA as well? Are FIFA players not allowed to express their opinions about other games? Playing FIFA doesn't change the fact that it's a completely different game than Mortal Kombat, and they can't be compared.

You must be blind to have noticed only FIFA among the 130 titles on my profile and then focus on it to make it personal, considering FIFA isn't even relevant to me since I didn't purchase it this year, you fool. Next time, do your homework better. The fact that you examined my profile, to make fun of me over the games I enjoy is a sad display of your persona.

Players find enjoyment in various aspects of gaming, and that's what makes this community inclusive. Instead of arrogantly imposing what others should like, learn to respect different preferences, kid.

• Like 3

On 9/30/2023 at 2:36 AM, Mavhael said:

It's amusing how you're trying to force your narrow view of fighting games upon anyone who differ.

Interestingly, many folks here appear to disagree with your ''No Contents but Versus Mode'' idea, as is evident from the numerous complaints about the game being in this state.

I've played every single Tekken, all the Smash Bros. entries, and almost all the MK games since the early days, along with hundreds of other brands that I love. So, you've got no right to question my loyalty and commitment. Who are you to judge? I won't even bother checking what games you've played because frankly, I don't give a damn about you.

What's your problem with me playing FIFA as well? Are FIFA players not allowed to express their opinions about other games? Playing FIFA doesn't change the fact that it's a completely different game than Mortal Kombat, and they can't be compared.

You must be blind to have noticed only FIFA among the 130 titles on my profile and then focus on it to make it personal, considering FIFA isn't even relevant to me since I didn't purchase it this year, you fool. Next time, do your homework better. The fact that you examined my profile, to make fun of me over the games I enjoy is a sad display of your persona.

Players find enjoyment in various aspects of gaming, and that's what makes this community inclusive. Instead of arrogantly imposing what others should like, learn to respect different preferences, kid.

whatever man. Fighting games are for fighting, it's why they are called fighting games. Football games should also be about football, not stories or collecting cards. It's all that added-on fluff that has made gaming worse in many ways these last decades. Many games lack focus. The best example of this is the tacked-on multiplayer mode trend these last decades. Or the stupid Games as a Service bullshit that also invaded MK and Co. (thanks mostly to EA and their fucked up FUT gambling shit making billions)

And those "many people" who are complaining about the "game being unfinished" are probably those young people without attention spans that probably also look at YouTube videos sped up etc. that simply grew up on games needing to have a bazillion modes or otherwise they are shit (it's the same type of people that only know shit or great, and nothing in between exists apparently) because they have an incredible unhealthy sense of entitlement! The core of an MK game is Versus fighting. Everything else, no matter how much you like it, it's just an added bonus - and thus, pretty much not important to the CORE EXPERIENCE of, you know, fighting. As in "fighting game".

But even ignoring all that, the "unfinished" argument still falls flat on its ass... it has a lengthy story mode, it has the same roster size in the base game as 11 and X, it has an (albeit boring) krypt alternative in the invasions, it has the Games as a Service shit tower system that 11 also had which, quite frankly, can provide one with virtually unlimited hours of gameplay, and it has the online, arcade and versus modes that are the actual meat and bones that will provide hundreds of hours of gameplay until the next iteration for thousands of players. There isn't much more one could want. Street Fighter 6 has less content (the starting roster alone has 6 fewer characters). Tekken 8 will have less content. It's already the meatiest, "biggest" BmU out there! But yeah, apparently there is "nothing to do" in the game lol ... 🙄 That's just people on the internet trying to be extra cool and edgy crying "I already did EVERYTHÄÄÄÄNG, this is baaaad"... lol, can't take those people seriously at all. Literally, no one has done everything in this game yet, nor will it be anytime soon - and that's ignoring the fact that the Titans aren't in yet.

It's like saying that there is nothing to do in Gran Turismo 7 after finishing the Café Menus (= more or less a story mode) Ah yes, there is something to do: driving cars. Because, you know, it's a driving game?

And in MK, there is fighting to do. It's a fighting game, after all.

Edited by Sicho

On 9/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, oIMyersIo said:

lmao, there's a MASSIVE difference between dismissing personal opinions in taste/enjoyment & dismissing a statement about a games technical aspects/lack of content etc derived from assumption rather than experiance.

Is 11 hours spent almost exclusively in story mode & the other single player modes enough to form an opinion on wether you like this game. Of course it is,  as someone who hates multiplayer, my view on the game is based entirely on my single player experiances in the first 6 or so hours (primarily how I view the story/characters).

But this isn't about that, this is about the state of the game as whole. is 11 hours (mostly just in what are essentially the appetiser modes) enough to deduce wether the ENTIRE GAME shows signs of rushed development ? Of course not.

On 9/29/2023 at 12:31 PM, oIMyersIo said:

How can a reviewer offer an informed & detailed opinion if they don't put the hours in (& put time into all modes) & in turn how can you make an informed decision from such a review.

if a review has a line that makes it obvious they'd not finished the game or at the very least experianced a significant amount of all the game modes. Would that not then devalue the information they're offering on the state of the game as a package ? of course it does.

That's 100% what this guy did.

He dismissed claims this game was rushed despite knowing full well that he had only played the single player appetisers.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Domatron0602 said:

lmao, there's a MASSIVE difference between dismissing personal opinions in taste/enjoyment & dismissing a statement about a games technical aspects/lack of content etc derived from assumption rather than experiance.

Is 11 hours spent almost exclusively in story mode & the other single player modes enough to form an opinion on wether you like this game. Of course it is,  as someone who hates multiplayer, my view on the game is based entirely on my single player experiances in the first 6 or so hours (primarily how I view the story/characters).

But this isn't about that, this is about the state of the game as whole. is 11 hours (mostly just in what are essentially the appetiser modes) enough to deduce wether the ENTIRE GAME shows signs of rushed development ? Of course not.

How can a reviewer offer an informed & detailed opinion if they don't put the hours in (& put time into all modes) & in turn how can you make an informed decision from such a review.

if a review has a line that makes it obvious they'd not finished the game or at the very least experianced a significant amount of all the game modes. Would that not then devalue the information they're offering on the state of the game as a package ? of course it does.

That's 100% what this guy did.

He dismissed claims this game was rushed despite knowing full well that he had only played the single player appetisers.

You lost me as soon as you opened with "lmao". 

At the end of the day, the discussion fell into a needless argument with pettiness and belittling.

Facts stand: MK1 was rushed, that other user is happy with the game in its current state and doesn't see any issues as they only really played SP.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oIMyersIo said:

Facts stand: MK1 was rushed, that other user should not have made a blanket statement about the game not showing signs of a rushed development without clarifying that he had only experianced the single player content.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by Domatron0602

• 2 weeks later...