Downgrade to 1.00 (Without Proxy) for Not So Bad!

The Ordinary Bloke

Fascinating. I might do this with Doom, as I'm going through this at the moment... but my arrogance is trying to convince myself that I can handle the patched version. I'm more curious as to whether this works on all games to get the 1.00 version, as there's a couple of games I need to play a pre-patched version of to get trophies that I'm locked out of.

Thanks for the share!

Edited by Justin__Harris

1 hour ago, Justin__Harris said:

Fascinating. I might do this with Doom, as I'm going through this at the moment... but my arrogance is trying to convince myself that I can handle the patched version. I'm more curious as to whether this works on all games to get the 1.00 version, as there's a couple of games I need to play a pre-patched version of to get trophies that I'm locked out of.

Thanks for the share!

No problem at all. I have used this method previously on another account for Bloodborne to enable the pebble glitch, so I can confirm that this is the case.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

This is awesome, Exocyberdemon.

Can this procedure be duplicated for any other games?

Example - Medieval Resurrection.

That's my question as well. Seems less technical than using proxy software. Sucks that this apparently doesn't work for PS5.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

32 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

That's my question as well. Seems less technical than using proxy software. Sucks that this apparently doesn't work for PS5.

According to his reply to my query, yes (see below). I'm about to try it with The Brookhaven Experiment for PSVR, and then Doom and Doom II to test. I figured people would be asking about MediEvil: Resurrection. The patch disables trophies if you use cheats, right? Serves you all right! Lol. Jk. But I'll also try it with that if you all don't get around to it before I do and post confirmation.

1 hour ago, ExoCyberdemon said:

No problem at all. I have used this method previously on another account for Bloodborne to enable the pebble glitch, so I can confirm that this is the case.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

This will only work for PS4 games on PS4 console. I tried to use this on PS5, but it would force me to download the fully patched version of the game. I did mention that I was able to use it for DOOM 2 and Bloodborne on my old account.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It won't work for Subnautica, because you have to be on a specific patch to enable the Dev Console, which you can't do on 1.0.

Ah, I see. I just got it to 1.00. Haven't ever played the game, so I didn't know about the need to enable Dev Console and all that. Similar to how with Final Fantasy XV, you can't play the Comrades multiplayer at 1.00, right?

11 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

You don't need to fill your hard drive with downloads, just start the download and after the download 'reserves' the space, you can pause it :)  It still counts as space taken up :)

Damn it. That would have been good to know last night. Lol. Thanks for the heads up.

3 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

You don't need to fill your hard drive with downloads, just start the download and after the download 'reserves' the space, you can pause it :)  It still counts as space taken up :)

I have changed the information to reflect what you've stated. Thanks for the added info, it should help others get this one done.

8 hours ago, Justin__Harris said:

Ah, I see. I just got it to 1.00. Haven't ever played the game, so I didn't know about the need to enable Dev Console and all that. Similar to how with Final Fantasy XV, you can't play the Comrades multiplayer at 1.00, right?

Correct, you have to downgrade to a specific update, else the dev console won't be there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 12:30 AM, The Ordinary Bloke said:

This is a tutorial on how to play DOOM (1993) at version 1.00, prior to the update that makes enemies move at their intended speed on the original release. Looking at some forum posts it seems people are confused at how to run proxy devices to get around the download and revert to version 1.03. If you revert back to 1.00 you will be met with a screen saying that you cannot connect to Bethesda online services, which can be circumvented. The method below will allow you to revert back to 1.00 and pass through the Bethesda login requirements. Note: This can only be performed on PS4, I did try it on PS5 and it won't let me install the game under the circumstances.

Step 1

Download DOOM (1993) from your online library

3JaX1nz.jpg

You know you will have the correct version for this game as it will be 717.5MB in size

ym1NkfD.jpg

Check the version and it should be at the current patch of 1.09

CC2HsuO.jpg

Step 2

Go into the game and log into the Bethesda online services. You will know this is complete at there will be a green light next to Bethesda.NET selection.

Cg8YjSx.jpg

Step 3

Delete the game from your PlayStation 4. You will now want to queue enough game to fill your HDD, then pause them all. Once you have enough, try and download DOOM. You should see a X on the download bar instantly.

FglJkMp.jpg

Step 4

Turn OFF your network connection under the 'Network' menu, then delete a game to make room for DOOM. Once you have done this, attempt to download DOOM once again with the Network OFF. It should hold the download at 1% and preparing

OBnAmt7.jpg

Step 5

Turn your Network back ON and the download for DOOM should restart and it will be at version 1.00. This is indicative of the 324.0MB file size

3TXMBnZ.jpg

Step 6

Once the download has completed, turn OFF your network to prevent auto-download of the patch file. If the game checks that you are online it will not let you pass the Bethesda online check and you will have to restart this process. You must remain offline while you play this game and until you complete Nightmare Co-Op. Check your game version and it should be 1.00, Dooooom

aDPQejc.jpg

Step 7

Load into the game and you will find that the Bethesda login recognises you are offline, but will allow you to play.

4NKg8aH.jpg

You should now be able to play Nightmare Co-Op with enemies at the same speed as UV, but they will still deal the same damage as Nightmare on the original release. Unfortunately, you will not be able to do any Share Play to try and beat this with someone else. It does bring the difficulty down significantly and will enable you to beat it.

Note: This trick can be performed with DOOM 2 as well.

Edit: Change information to reflect download queue instead of installing games.

I would just like to say thank you for this, i just passed this with my son 🙂

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

This method works for any digital game

Any digital game thats a PS4 version on PS4. 

Although you need a reason for depatching games, just doing it on random games doesnt make sense.

If you know certain trophies are easier on 1.0.0. it makes sense to depatch, or if an update screwed up the trophies to not work so 1.0.0.0. makes sense since they should work on the 1st version that was released.

• 2 weeks later...